PDA

View Full Version : tim kurkjian (sp) on d'angelo jimenez

baggio202
04-17-2003, 09:25 PM
if this was already posted and i missed it ,sorry...this is from this weeks espn the maginzine

"The Chisox have to kick 2B D'Angelo Jiminez in the butt every day to make him play hard."

Daver
04-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
if this was already posted and i missed it ,sorry...this is from this weeks espn the maginzine

"The Chisox have to kick 2B D'Angelo Jiminez in the butt every day to make him play hard."

:jerry Hey it's your turn to boot Jiminez in the pants today

:manos No problem skip.

LuvSox
04-17-2003, 09:38 PM

I've ruled out Lee, Konerko and Gordon as the kickers.

SouthSideHitman
04-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Well, whatever they're doing seems to be working.

konerkopeachy
04-17-2003, 09:47 PM
poor d'angelo's arse must be awfully sore by now....

jeremyb1
04-17-2003, 10:23 PM

i wonder how much truth there is to that. i thought we refuted the idea that he wasn't hard working earlier on. maybe that was just talk.

kermittheefrog
04-17-2003, 11:05 PM
He's got 9 extra base hits and 9 walks so far. I don't care how hard or how often they have to kick him.

MHOUSE
04-17-2003, 11:18 PM
He's playing great. Tell ESPN magazine to wath a game or two....

Juan Pizarro
04-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Where do they get this crap? He's been just fine all along with us.

Irishsox1
04-18-2003, 11:05 AM
He's gotton a reputation as being lazy and it very hard to shake that. Last year Ryan Klesko said that D'Angelo was the laziest player he has ever seen. Of course Gammons and ESPN latch on to that and thats all it takes.

czalgosz
04-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
He's gotton a reputation as being lazy and it very hard to shake that. Last year Ryan Klesko said that D'Angelo was the laziest player he has ever seen. Of course Gammons and ESPN latch on to that and thats all it takes.

Whatever. He's been playing great thus far. Maybe he just needed to get out of San Diego.

valposoxfan
04-18-2003, 11:34 AM
I specifically remember Jimenez getting thrown out on a sacrifice fly in Cleveland after he slowly jogged home.........seemed like something a lazy player would do. I can see where people think he's lazy.

jeremyb1
04-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Whatever. He's been playing great thus far. Maybe he just needed to get out of San Diego.

also, he hit really well in winter ball. you wouldn't expect a lazy player to play in winter ball let alone play hard.

ShoelessFred
04-18-2003, 05:14 PM
well i can tell you guys that MANOS basically said in an interview with FSN in the spring that jimenez was lazy and that he needs to be motivated. and MANOS said he will motivate him everyday if he has to.

delben91
04-18-2003, 09:34 PM

Well, whoever did the kicking before today's game, I say give them free reign to do it to the whole team everyday. D'Angelo was on fire today, triple, double, walk, talk about setting the table with aplomb.

baggio202
04-18-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
well i can tell you guys that MANOS basically said in an interview with FSN in the spring that jimenez was lazy and that he needs to be motivated. and MANOS said he will motivate him everyday if he has to.

jose is going to make a great manager some day

FanOf14
04-19-2003, 10:03 AM
jose is going to make a great manager some day

Hopefully for the White Sox.