PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans' Petition is now up, please read and sign.

Rocky Soprano
04-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Let's show the entire world, that we Sox Fans, do not condone the actions of those people on the night of April 15th. We have the best team and fans in all of baseball and we want to prove it. Time for the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois to step up to the plate!

http://www.petitiononline.com/whitesox/petition.html

Please pass this link around to all your friends.

Thanks.

Go Sox!

doublem23
04-17-2003, 04:58 PM
I think you meant April.

And why is it only residents of Illinois can sign? There are many Sox fans just here who do not reside in Illinois, and many, many Sox fans call Northwest Indiana home.

balz1472
04-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Great job everyone! I hope this helps. Thanks Rocky for starting this up!

dllrbll7
04-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Ive already sent out an email to everyone i know

Rocky Soprano
04-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Great!

I hope the media makes of mention of this, if they can jump on us for the bad, then at least praise us for the good.

voodoochile
04-17-2003, 05:36 PM
I posted a link to the petition on ESPN and SoxNet boards...

calebhatesyou
04-17-2003, 05:37 PM
And why is it only residents of Illinois can sign? There are many Sox fans just here who do not reside in Illinois, and many, many Sox fans call Northwest Indiana home.

c'mon doublem23, get creative for a good cause i live in an Illinios state of mind. just like the guys who live in Chicago.

TheBigHurt
04-17-2003, 11:00 PM
OHH well im not from Chi-Town so i cant sign it i did try anyways

TheBigHurt
04-17-2003, 11:08 PM
WELL i signed it if it doesnt get taken away :)

MHOUSE
04-18-2003, 01:04 AM
I'm in.

TimChamp
04-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Just signed it, a good cause and definitely worth signing...

Champ out...

steff
04-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Several of them are not the image I'm sure we want to send on to Springfield. Additionally.. seems a few non Sox fans have found it and are having their fun.

Rocky Soprano
04-18-2003, 11:42 AM
I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

hsnterprize
04-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
Several of them are not the image I'm sure we want to send on to Springfield. Additionally.. seems a few non Sox fans have found it and are having their fun.

Ugh...just what we needed...Cubbie drivel. Not to mention, if this petition is going to Springfield, then I think we need to be a little more dignified than to post "Cubs Suck" on an official document. Can't have stuff like that on the petition if its to be taken seriously.

TheBigHurt
04-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Ugh...just what we needed...Cubbie drivel. Not to mention, if this petition is going to Springfield, then I think we need to be a little more dignified than to post "Cubs Suck" on an official document. Can't have stuff like that on the petition if its to be taken seriously.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rocky Soprano
04-21-2003, 09:23 AM
Comments are now gone and are no longer allowed. :)

voodoochile
04-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Comments are now gone and are no longer allowed. :)

When are you actually submitting it?

Rocky Soprano
04-21-2003, 04:50 PM
There were a couple of members that mentioned they would contact the media about it. I have sent an e-mail to the Sox and they replied saying thanks for the e-mail and that was it. I also sent an e-mail to State Rep. John Fritchey who last week said he wants introduce legislation that would make it a felony to trespass on a "place of public amusement." The legislation proposes a mandatory fine of $1,000 and performance of community service. I have not heard back from him yet.

We need to get this out there somehow. We need more people to see it.

Oh, anyone from the USA can now sign, it doesnt have to be someone from IL.

whitesoxwilkes
04-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
There were a couple of members that mentioned they would contact the media about it. I have sent an e-mail to the Sox and they replied saying thanks for the e-mail and that was it. I also sent an e-mail to State Rep. John Fritchey who last week said he wants introduce legislation that would make it a felony to trespass on a "place of public amusement." The legislation proposes a mandatory fine of $1,000 and performance of community service. I have not heard back from him yet.

We need to get this out there somehow. We need more people to see it.

Oh, anyone from the USA can now sign, it doesnt have to be someone from IL.

I have sent the link as of today along with a brief synopsis to all 3 Chicago news outlets plus WGN. Have heard nothing from any of them..this even after I spoke with contacts at all 3 places and gave them the heads up it was coming.

foulkesfan11
04-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Good Idea for a petition. I hope it does some good!

Hangar18
04-23-2003, 05:20 PM
I think a simple 2 line petition saying we dont condone this would be good too. People tend to not want to read into detail. Ask any legislator that, gets in the way of Happy Hour in Springfield