PDA

View Full Version : Carlos! Carlos! Leeeeee!

Hullett_Fan
04-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Who said Carlos is a waste of roster space?????

Ohhh, that's right, I did (any many of you too) :D:

:)

Rocky Soprano
04-17-2003, 02:49 PM
8-0 so far! YESSSSSS! Dont you just love it when they walk some one intentionally and that next batter makes them pay for it?

For those of you that dont know, CLee just hit a grand slam!

Hopefully this game is our turning point and gets us hitting like we should be.

thecell
04-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
8-0 so far! YESSSSSS! Dont you just love it when they walk some one intentionally and that next batter makes them pay for it?

For those of you that dont know, CLee just hit a grand slam!

My thoughts exactly...I hope so!!

Hullett_Fan
04-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

Ditto that!! Lee, PK and Olivo...the 3 guys struggling most at the plate all go deep. Awesome! Take that KC!!!

baggio202
04-17-2003, 05:05 PM
im about to get ripped apart but here goes..

in the first inning carlos came up with the bases loaded...one out..my doorbell rang...ran to the doorbell to let my kid in from school..ran back and the inning was over..my guess was carlos swung at the first pitch and grounded into a DP

next time he came up with the bases loaded...he swings at a pitch well outside the strike zone...swings at pitch thats low ...he is 0-2 when he hits a pitch off his shoe tops for a grand slam..that great...but he should have been looking at a 3-0 count...it was a horrible at bat that turned out to have great results..what this at bat did was probably reinforce bad habits with carlos...there is only one vlad guerrero and carlos aint him...

all year we have been bitching about this team not comming through with runners in scoring position and less than two outs...this at bat underscores why...this is not the approach sucessful teams take in that situation ...i would be in here singing carlos lee's praises if he remained patient and drew a walk...or if he fought off tough pitches and then drove a ball into RF for a sac fly..that approach ,looking to go opposite field and to drive a ball to get the runner home from 3rd , is how winning teams approach that situation.....sure a home run is great but over an entire season a team will be much more successful taking a team oriented approach as opposed to trying to be the hero...

id love to be able to sing carlos lee's praises..i wish he would change his approach at the plate to more of a magglio style..his average has dropped every year since '00..what he is doing aint working

CHISOXFAN13
04-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Couldn't agree more. As happy as I was that Lee finally came up with a big hit, I was still equally as upset about the first inning. All it takes is a fly ball. We could be 11-4 right now with better situational hitting.

Oh well, I am still happy with the 9-6 mark considering we haven't played good ball yet.

czalgosz
04-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Well, last year, even though his BA was down, he was taking a lot more walks, so his offensive production was about the same, maybe even a little better than it was in 2001.

He's not doing that so far this year - he's chasing a lot of bad pitches, and first-pitch swinging like crazy. Someone needs to sit down with him and some film of good ABs he's had in the past and straighten him out.

TheBigHurt
04-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Who said Carlos is a waste of roster space?????

Ohhh, that's right, I did (any many of you too) :D:

:)

I didnt......AND thats not supposed to be in teal :)