PDA

View Full Version : What about attack dogs?

JUGGERNAUT
04-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Cheaper than fencing & netting & probably more effective.

A guard with a group of dogs sits along the wall in line with 1st & 3rd base. The dogs are trained to first bark if any one goes over the wall and then attack upon a key word from the guard.

There might be some barking when players try to go over the wall to catch a foul ball, but that's nothing new.

Another group of dogs at the entrance to each BP as well.

I think the kids will get a kick out of seeing all the dogs & the SOX could maybe charge an extra $1 to have your pic taken with them or pet them.

The headlines on both papers the next day :
Cubune:
US Cellular Field goes to the dogs!

Cub-Times:
Dog day afternoon all season long!

34 Inch Stick
04-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Excessive and frought with legal problems.

On the other hand JR could save money on graphic art by making the frog hop race a dog race across the outfield in the 7th inning.

LuvSox
04-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=18865&s=&perpage=15&pagenumber=3&display=show)

bfauble83
04-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Dogs seem excessive...Imagine PITA if one of these dogs would get beamed with an inevitable foul ball.

Viva Magglio
04-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Suppose a fan got onto the field, the dogs go out, and the canines go after Carlos Lee instead of the drillrod.

LuvSox
04-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Suppose a fan got onto the field, the dogs go out, and the canines go after Carlos Lee instead of the drillrod.

And your point is.....

After the dogs are let loose, "Who Let The Dogs Out" is played.

Maybe it's not a good idea.

Rocky Soprano
04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I kinda like the idea but its too risky. What if the dog doesnt feel like attacking the fan, turns around and attacks the security guard, a player, or runs into the stands and attacks the fans?

Just put some snipers on the roof and when the fan jumps out sound a siren everyone hits the ground and bam shoot the bastard. Then they can play, LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!

Unregistered
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Suppose a fan got onto the field, the dogs go out, and the canines go after Carlos Lee instead of the drillrod. My guess is that Carlos would chase after it, swing and miss. That seems like his routine lately... :o:

What the hell is a "drillrod" anyway?

steff
04-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
And your point is.....

After the dogs are let loose, "Who Let The Dogs Out" is played.

Maybe it's not a good idea.

ROTFLMAO!!! Now I can't get that damn song out of my head.. LOL

hose
04-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I kinda like the idea but its too risky. What if the dog doesnt feel like attacking the fan, turns around and attacks the security guard, a player, or runs into the stands and attacks the fans?

Just put some snipers on the roof and when the fan jumps out sound a siren everyone hits the ground and bam shoot the bastard. Then they can play, LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!

Reinsdorf:" Please let me introduce you to the new head of Sox Security"

"The name is Francis Sawyer, I don't like NOBODY running on the field, anybody runs on the field and I'll kill ya."

"And I don't like any of you homos touching any of the players , anybody touches a player and I'll kill ya."

Reinsdorf: " Lighten up Francis"

StepsInSC
04-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Nothing says "Family Enviornment" like a pack of starved, rabid, bloodthirsty dogs. Add some barbed wire and the occasionaly prisoners/ex-cons get in free night and you might be on to something.

Viva Magglio
04-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
What the hell is a "drillrod" anyway?

"Drillrod" is the term Dave Wills uses describes the people who ran onto the field.

:wills
"These two...drillrods..."

Unregistered
04-17-2003, 01:05 PM
I always thought the term was "dillrod''. Oh well, no reason to get into logistics...