PDA

View Full Version : Cub Fan: This doesnt happen at Wrigley

Rocky Soprano
04-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Look at what a stupid Cub Fan just told me in my car clubs forum:

I know the suxs didn't get off to the great start you thought they would, but you are just going to have to face it the cubs are the real deal and the sux are not. Wow I'm glad we don't get these crackers at Wrigley running out onto the field.

Typical Cubs fan talking out of his ***.

dllrbll7
04-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Why doesnt he just take a look at the records. They are almost identical.

thecell
04-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Why doesnt he just take a look at the records. They are almost identical.

Probably because he is a Cub fan and not very bright. That would be my guess.

Rocky Soprano
04-17-2003, 10:07 AM
I remember seeing like three incidents involving Cub fans at Wrigley. One of them was attacking their own pitcher, and I want to say the other two involved taking hats. Does anyone have the details?

hose
04-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I remember seeing like three incidents involving Cub fans at Wrigley. One of them was attacking their own pitcher, and I want to say the other two involved taking hats. Does anyone have the details?

here is an article that covers both Wrigley Field attacks

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0416/1539745.html

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2003, 10:24 AM
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsnews/171nd2.htm

The White Sox, their fans and their city were disgraced Tuesday when a fan charged U.S. Cellular Field and tried to tackle an umpire during a game with the Kansas City Royals.
Internet message boards, sports talk radio callers and newspaper columnists on Wednesday ridiculed Sox loyalists, labeling them "South Side white trash" among other things.

But a Cubs fan did it.

Eric Dybas, 24, of Bolingbrook, was charged with felony aggravated battery and misdemeanor criminal trespassing late Wednesday, police said.

Dybas is a Cubs fan who had too much to drink Tuesday night, his girlfriend, Kelly Sherwood, told WGN-AM.

"Sometimes he drinks and gets like that, but nothing like (what happened Tuesday)," Sherwood said. "He's a Cubs fan ... that could be the problem ."

Procol Harum
04-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Wow I'm glad we don't get these crackers at Wrigley running out onto the field.

Yeah, no tellin' how many Skutnicks there are running around in south Alabama--must listen to Boers & Bernstein--categorizing home-grown Chicago-area mopes like the Skutnick brothers and the Legues with a slur reserved for Southerners. Moron listening to morons.

Rocky Soprano
04-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by hose
here is an article that covers both Wrigley Field attacks

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0416/1539745.html

Thanks! :)

LuvSox
04-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsnews/171nd2.htm

Mayor Daley: "It's not my problem. Go talk to Reinsdorf." Classic :D:

Iwritecode
04-17-2003, 12:09 PM
The White Sox, their fans and their city were disgraced Tuesday when a fan charged U.S. Cellular Field and tried to tackle an umpire during a game with the Kansas City Royals.
Internet message boards, sports talk radio callers and newspaper columnists on Wednesday ridiculed Sox loyalists, labeling them "South Side white trash" among other things.

But a Cubs fan did it.

Eric Dybas, 24, of Bolingbrook, was charged with felony aggravated battery and misdemeanor criminal trespassing late Wednesday, police said.

Dybas is a Cubs fan who had too much to drink Tuesday night, his girlfriend, Kelly Sherwood, told WGN-AM.

"Sometimes he drinks and gets like that, but nothing like (what happened Tuesday)," Sherwood said. "He's a Cubs fan ... that could be the problem ."

Funny, I didn't see anything in the Cubune mentioning this fact.

Hmm, I wonder why...

hose
04-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Funny, I didn't see anything in the Cubune mentioning this fact.

Hmm, I wonder why...

The Trib did mention that Dyas was a avid Cub fan and was at Wrigley for the day game before he went to US Cellular Tuesday night.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030416arrests,1,4968365.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Dhea dlines

Risk
04-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey RS--

Don't let that ignoramus (sp?) bother you. He's just all giddy like an English school girl because the Cubs haven't rolled over and died in April like they did last year. Remind the fool that the season is young, and were still a little more than 1 1/2 months before the Flubs have their annual June Swoon.

Later

alohafri
04-17-2003, 02:57 PM
--also, let's not forget how the scrubs were in 1st place for like 4 months in 2001, only to blow it by the end of August. Classic!

-Mrs. Aloha

A.T. Money
04-17-2003, 03:00 PM
:shoeless

"Stooopid Kubs phans!"

bc2k
04-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Risk

Hey Risk, from your sig and your name I'm guessing you're a Megadeth fan. Risk is a damn good; Prince of Darkness, Wanderlust, Seven, and Time: The Beginning, along with the popular Crush 'Em.

Originally posted by SoxDemon
:shoeless

"Stooopid Kubs phans!"

hahah.

Dan H
04-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Look at what a stupid Cub Fan just told me in my car clubs forum:

I know the suxs didn't get off to the great start you thought they would, but you are just going to have to face it the cubs are the real deal and the sux are not. Wow I'm glad we don't get these crackers at Wrigley running out onto the field.

It was written a couple years ago on WSI that reported crime for a two month period was heavier around Wrigley than Comiskey. There was even an article by Carol Slezak describing how some Cub fan decided the park his car in her garage.(She lives by Wrigley) Cub fans just have no room to talk. And no sane person wants to sit in Wrigley's bleachers.

TommyJohn
04-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
It was written a couple years ago on WSI that reported crime for a two month period was heavier around Wrigley than Comiskey. There was even an article by Carol Slezak describing how some Cub fan decided the park his car in her garage.(She lives by Wrigley) Cub fans just have no room to talk. And no sane person wants to sit in Wrigley's bleachers.

When I worked security at DePaul University 10 years ago, one
of my co-workers was a guy who worked Wrigley Field security
detail. He said that the bleachers were insane, that they were
cuffing people and throwing someone out of the ballpark every-
day. He may have been exaggerating, but he made his point.
This sort of thing happens at every park, including the sacred
confines. It's just unfortunate that some jerk ran out and had
to tar us.

MHOUSE
04-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Mayor Daley: "It's not my problem. Go talk to Reinsdorf." Classic :D:

Sure is classic Daley. I love it!

Hangar18
04-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Hey Risk, from your sig and your name I'm guessing you're a Megadeth fan. Risk is a damn good; Prince of Darkness, Wanderlust, Seven, and Time: The Beginning, along with the popular Crush 'Em.

Risk was the best SOUNDING album, but not their best one.
Think that wouldve been Rust In Peace, followed Closely by Peace Sells then Countdown to Extinction

soxrme
04-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Gee the cubs in first in April, where have we heard that before.

Completely
Useless
By
September

Sad
04-18-2003, 01:22 PM
I don't know why :?: but I have the feeling that both the SOX and Cubs are going to win their divisions this year :o:

seriously....

and then a South-side vs. North-side World Series :D:

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrummmmm ok...
I know I know...
:gulp:
have another Old Style Dan

that would be something though...