PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times Declares War on White Sox

Viva Magglio
04-17-2003, 07:24 AM
The rag of a newspaper known as the Chicago Sun-Times has declared war on our beloved Chicago White Sox. Not only is there the predictable hatchet-job from Moronotti, Greg Couch's description makes Cabrini Green look safer than our ballpark. Elliott Harris takes cheap shots at us in his Quick Hits column. Turn to the Sun-Times' normally right-wing editorial page, and an Sox-bashing editorial right there for ya.

But on the bright side, Richard Roeper wrote a column going the other way on this.

What are we going to do about this? This is beyond media bias. It's downright media bigotry against our franchise. We cannot just sit here and take it. I'm open to suggestions as to what we Sox fans should do to combat this outright bigotry. I like the idea of a class action defamation lawsuit, but I don't think that is a realistic approach.

gosox41
04-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The rag of a newspaper known as the Chicago Sun-Times has declared war on our beloved Chicago White Sox. Not only is there the predictable hatchet-job from Moronotti, Greg Couch's description makes Cabrini Green look safer than our ballpark. Elliott Harris takes cheap shots at us in his Quick Hits column. Turn to the Sun-Times' normally right-wing editorial page, and an Sox-bashing editorial right there for ya.

But on the bright side, Richard Roeper wrote a column going the other way on t :moron his.

What are we going to do about this? This is beyond media bias. It's downright media bigotry against our franchise. We cannot just sit here and take it. I'm open to suggestions as to what we Sox fans should do to combat this outright bigotry. I like the idea of a class action defamation lawsuit, but I don't think that is a realistic approach.

:moron
Did you actually think I was going to continue writing positive articles about the Sox? Now leave me alone, I need to fabricate some more stories to bring further negative publicity onto the team.

moochpuppy
04-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Funny you should mention that Viva. I just got finished wiping my ass with that article.

Lip Man 1
04-17-2003, 11:18 AM
The Sun Times also confirmed that the moron was at the Cubs game earlier in the day

I'm confused... first some folks say the Tribune is biased against the Sox, now it's the Sun Times? What's left the Daily Southtown?

Biasedness is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure after the Dodgers / Randy Myers incidents Cub fans thought the papers were biased against them.

That's the nature of people.

Lip

WhiteSoxWinner
04-17-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I'm confused... first some folks say the Tribune is biased against the Sox, now it's the Sun Times? What's left the Daily Southtown?

The Daily Herald. Great editorials and they cover all the sports equally. Even sports nobody care about like Soccer.

Ol Aches & Pains
04-17-2003, 08:09 PM
It's just not fair! Why can't they write about the positive side of idiots running out on the field and attacking people? Why must they always focus on the negative? There were probably 20,000 people there who didn't run out on the field and attack anybody, why didn't they write about one of them? Why are they always conspiring against and picking on the Sox? It's not fair, I tell you!
:whiner:

Randar68
04-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
It's just not fair! Why can't they write about the positive side of idiots running out on the field and attacking people? Why must they always focus on the negative? There were probably 20,000 people there who didn't run out on the field and attack anybody, why didn't they write about one of them? Why are they always conspiring against and picking on the Sox? It's not fair, I tell you!
:whiner:

Why can't they talk about how it was a Cubs fan who did it because others had. He just wanted to belong...

Sheeesh, these stories write themselves, but these hacks have nothing original, just stereotypes and giant jumps to conclusions!

MarqSox
04-17-2003, 08:54 PM

I like the idea of a class action defamation lawsuit, but I don't think that is a realistic approach.

It's not. Legally, it's impossible to defame a group of people, save rare instances when the group is small (usually under 20). Companies can be defamed, individuals can be defamed, but unofficial groups cannot be -- certainly not when all the media is doing is reporting what ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Besides, the point of such a suit would be to hit the offending parties in the pocketbook ... so who gets the money? Any schmuck who claims to be a Sox fan?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
It's not. Legally, it's impossible to defame a group of people, save rare instances when the group is small (usually under 20). Companies can be defamed, individuals can be defamed, but unofficial groups cannot be -- certainly not when all the media is doing is reporting what ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Besides, the point of such a suit would be to hit the offending parties in the pocketbook ... so who gets the money? Any schmuck who claims to be a Sox fan?

Hey, what about a persecuted minority like Sox Fans? The whole world is against, by golly!

:moron
"I can vouch for the fact there are no more than 20 Sox Fans--or at least there won't be if I ever have my way!"

ChiSoxBobette
04-17-2003, 09:34 PM

But on the bright side, Richard Roeper wrote a column going the other way on this.

Moronotti Is Idiot - Does'nt Even Attend Sox Games, I don't Know Who this bonehead Greg Couch is, AND WHO THE F Is Elliott Harris.
If you read the suntimes thay had everyone of there flub loving horsesa$$e$ reporters writing something about what happened even this toni ginnetti who I think has been covering the flubs now all of sudden they're all over the White Sox . Who cares what they think , I think if we see these morons at a Sox game we should boo them , they only show up when something like this happens but according the flubs this never happens at gigley and we know why because the drunken weasel flub fans start all of their crap in the neighborhood after the games, urinating on peoples front lawns , throwing up outside their sleazebag bars , and fighting out in front of McDonalds while children are watching. Yeah gigley field is in a great area!I have'nt heard or read anything about these morons who ran out on the field being flub fans coming from the earlier flub game ,but we know at least one of them was, Oh gee I think I read that in the flub-times - Fire That Reporter.

Go White Sox

duke of dorwood
04-17-2003, 11:23 PM
I find it easy to live without reading newspapers, watching the Flubs, and listening to 670. Its great for the blood pressure too. Try it.

MHOUSE
04-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
The Daily Herald. Great editorials and they cover all the sports equally. Even sports nobody care about like Soccer.

Hey now, no cheap shots at soccer. I love soccer and anyone who'll take the time to cover it here in America. Watch a few games, it's an amazing sport and they have the prettiest playing surface in all of sports.

They think no one cares about Sox baseball. Except us, but we don't matter to them.