PDA

View Full Version : Graffanino = Balls

doublem23
04-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Damn...

Tavarin
04-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Graffanino = our best base runner. What a great job of realizing Tucker wasnt going to be in position

LuvSox
04-16-2003, 10:41 PM
I don't like him much, but he does try to make things happen

nixsox
04-16-2003, 10:42 PM
I didn't think there was a chance of him tagging up on that. great job Tony G and Bruce Kimm. We'll take it!!!!!

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by nixsox
I didn't think there was a chance of him tagging up on that. great job Tony G and Bruce Kimm. We'll take it!!!!!

How about Frank for making sure he hit the ball to the right side after Pena put on that dumbass shift...

nut_stock
04-16-2003, 10:47 PM
I knew Graff would have a chance because of how far the wind made Tucker move to his left, but his throw was way off.

duke of dorwood
04-16-2003, 10:48 PM
That KC team is dying to fall apart-that Tucker played a short fly into a loss-the play by Grimsley-its embarrasing to be behind them

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
That KC team is dying to fall apart-that Tucker played a short fly into a loss-the play by Grimsley-its embarrasing to be behind them

Yeah, nice to see the Sox benefit from someone else's defensive lapses for a change...

HawkDJ
04-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Before everyone take's my post way too negatively here, let me say I'll take a win any way I can get it and this was certainly a great and needed win....

...however we still had problems scoring with a man on 3rd base less than 2 outs. Have we hit a sac fly all year? I know we've had plenty of chances. That is something we seriously need to work on because the wind won't always be there to bail us out.

Soxboyrob
04-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Graffy's going home on that play was a no-brainer and took less guts than just common baseball knowledge. It would have taken an unbelievable throw to get him at home after Tucker spun around w/ the catch and throw. I suppose a perfect throw gets him, but Tuck's momentum was gone and when I saw him running left to catch that ball, I knew we won the game.

baggio202
04-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
Before everyone take's my post way too negatively here, let me say I'll take a win any way I can get it and this was certainly a great and needed win....

...however we still had problems scoring with a man on 3rd base less than 2 outs. Have we hit a sac fly all year? I know we've had plenty of chances. That is something we seriously need to work on because the wind won't always be there to bail us out.

but we are 8 -6 despite all that and despite the fact that our closer's era is approching frank thomas weight...everytime we win while playing like crap it gives us an extra day to figure it out...

but we do need to get it gear soon....we dont have a successful history of coming from behind..and as far as management goes , we have a history of giving up like the french

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Watching Thomas' AB in the 9th inning (thank God the blackout time lifted) to me it looked like he was pulling off the ball. Almost like he was slinging his bat at the pitch.

Did anybody else notice this?

Lip

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 11:26 PM
Baggio says: But we do need to get it gear soon....we dont have a successful history of coming from behind..and as far as management goes , we have a history of giving up like the French

POST OF THE WEEK!

Lip