PDA

View Full Version : Garland

ChiSoxBobette
04-16-2003, 09:35 PM
We finally see Jon Garland the way everyone has been waiting to see Jon pitch & what happens - SAME AS ALWAYS THE BULLPEN SUCKS & NO TIMELY HITTING! 2nd inning men on 1st & 2nd no outs Carlos Lee up a 1.82 hitter and you would think Manuel would have him butting - NOPE Lee strikes and & Rios hits into a doubleplay. 5th inning a leadoff triple by D'J and we can't get a fly ball to get one run in.
This team will go nowhere as long as Manuel is managing he has no fire in him and niether does this team. Last year we had one of his buddies coaching 3rd base who waved everyone in and this year another one of Manuel buddies but this one stops everyone at 3d base. He has a hitting coach who for the last 2 years has not been able to work the Sox hitters out of slumps.
OH MY GOD BOTTOM OF THE 9TH & AND A WHITE SOX BUNT MEN ON 2ND & 3RD DUE TO A K.C. THROWING ERROR NO OUTS , LETS SEE IF MANUEL CAN BE OUT MANAGED!

GO WHITE SOX - please fire this guy as manager
:angry:

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
We finally see Jon Garland the way everyone has been waiting to see Jon pitch & what happens - SAME AS ALWAYS THE BULLPEN SUCKS & NO TIMELY HITTING! 2nd inning men on 1st & 2nd no outs Carlos Lee up a 1.82 hitter and you would think Manuel would have him butting - NOPE Lee strikes and & Rios hits into a doubleplay. 5th inning a leadoff triple by D'J and we can't get a fly ball to get one run in.
This team will go nowhere as long as Manuel is managing he has no fire in him and niether does this team. Last year we had one of his buddies coaching 3rd base who waved everyone in and this year another one of Manuel buddies but this one stops everyone at 3d base. He has a hitting coach who for the last 2 years has not been able to work the Sox hitters out of slumps.
OH MY GOD BOTTOM OF THE 9TH & AND A WHITE SOX BUNT MEN ON 2ND & 3RD DUE TO A K.C. THROWING ERROR NO OUTS , LETS SEE IF MANUEL CAN BE OUT MANAGED!

GO WHITE SOX - please fire this guy as manager
:angry:

Found your new whipping boy, huh Bob?

ChiSoxBobette
04-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Found your new whipping boy, huh Bob?

I think Manuel should be everyones whipping boy. Lets just hope Garland go's out there and pitches the way he pitched tonight. I think if Manuel had left him in he would have got the W , but for some reason we have to take a pitcher out thats pitching lights out and then he gets nothing at least this should get Garland confidence up. I said it before, Manuel seems to manage games during the first couple of weeks of the season like the Sox are still in spring training and the games mean nothing.
GO WHITE SOX

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 10:19 PM
I give Garland credit he pitched outstanding tonight. The trouble is his track record says he'll throw two bad games in a row again.

He's got to be more consistent.

As far as the Sox offense...well with eight walks, two errors and five hits they only got four runs.

That's not good.

Lip

THE_HOOTER
04-16-2003, 11:13 PM
The glass truly is half empty with you isnt it.

doublem23
04-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER

Only on the good days.

fuzzy_patters
04-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Only on the good days.

ROTFLMA, that was priceless.

voodoochile
04-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I give Garland credit he pitched outstanding tonight. The trouble is his track record says he'll throw two bad games in a row again.

As far as the Sox offense...well with eight walks, two errors and five hits they only got four runs.

That's not good.

Lip

No... Garland will have two bad games in a row sometime in the future? No way... I mean uh-uh...

Come on, Lip. Every pitcher in the majors occasionally has two bad games in a row. Yes, consistency is always the object and if Garland doesn't find some this year then the Sox need to take a hard look at him, but it's real early, he hasn't gotten shelled and he has had one brilliant performance - in as big an early season game as most teams will ever encounter. That's something to be optimistic about. Give the kid a chance...

Some of the offensive problems were caused by good pitches by Hernandez. A bunch of it was over anxiousness. The team is clearly pressing at the moment. Give them some credit for fighting through and getting the win. This game could have gone the other way. They could have given up and let the Royals win after another late inning blown lead, but they didn't.

That IS good...

gosox41
04-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I think Manuel should be everyones whipping boy. Lets just hope Garland go's out there and pitches the way he pitched tonight. I think if Manuel had left him in he would have got the W , but for some reason we have to take a pitcher out thats pitching lights out and then he gets nothing at least this should get Garland confidence up. I said it before, Manuel seems to manage games during the first couple of weeks of the season like the Sox are still in spring training and the games mean nothing.
GO WHITE SOX

I actually agree with Manuel taking Garland out. Garland is so damn inconsistent and has been so bad this season that Manuel probably wanted Garland to have a postive pitching experience so he can hopefully build some consistency. Of course this is Garland and you don't know of John or Judy is going to show up on any given start.

Bob

hold2dibber
04-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

That's not good.

Lip

I agree with everything you said, but the good news is, with the offense in a stupor the team is still hanging in there and winning more than they lose. The offense will get better.

TheBigHurt
04-17-2003, 09:21 AM
ALL i have to say is.....1ST solid start of the season by Gar-Boy I hope and expect many more :)

WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO

BE GOOD

Iguana775
04-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER

but the fact is that the O sucked ass AGAIN even with all those misques by the Royals. they should have easily double their output.