PDA

View Full Version : Garland

Fridaythe13thJason
04-16-2003, 08:23 PM
This seems to be the start that everyone is looking for so far. Through 5 IP, the Royals have 1 run on 1 hit. I'll take that every week.

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 08:55 PM
Through seven only 1 earned and 2 hits. Looks good tonight. Especially with the strikeouts. 3 walks though.

sox_fan_forever
04-16-2003, 09:05 PM
If Garland can do this more often I'd be a very happy person. He's pitched well like this before...he hasn't been very consistent though.

duke of dorwood
04-16-2003, 09:22 PM
More
Manual
Madness

Hullett_Fan
04-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
More
Manual
Madness

Yup. If a pitcher has allowed only 1 run, 3 hits and has thrown less than 100 pitches (Garland = 92) after 7 innings you gotta give him the opportunity for the complete game shutout!

Unbelievable!! :angry:

nut_stock
04-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Yup. If a pitcher has allowed only 1 run, 3 hits and has thrown less than 100 pitches (Garland = 92) after 7 innings you gotta give him the opportunity for the complete game shutout!

Well.........technically it wouldn't be a complete game shut out, but I do agree, he should have pitched the 8th.

Hullett_Fan
04-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Well.........technically it wouldn't be a complete game shut out, but I do agree, he should have pitched the 8th.

:D: Thanks for the catch...just meant a CG, not CG SHO...should have stuck with abbreviations :gulp: :gulp:

kermittheefrog
04-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan

Or you could just take a guy who has had a couple bad outtings and let him leave knowing he's pitched a good one while at the same time not putting any stress on his arm. Then hopefully he should feel great mentally and physically about his next start.

jeremyb1
04-16-2003, 10:04 PM
94 pitches and he's young. i hate everyone blaming manuel for the bullpen failing to get the job done. our bullpen is supposed to be a strength. in a borderline situation we should be going to the pen because we should have a dominant pen. that's what shortening the game is all about. if we can't keep a two run lead in two innings, the biggest problem is the bullpen.