PDA

View Full Version : Taunting opposing players

thecell
04-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Does anybody have a specific taunt for any opposing players the Sox face? I think it might be cool if we got a list together of Official Taunts for the season. All WSI members could try to use them during the games, and considering we make up about half of the attendance we can get the place going. Any thoughts?

guillen4life13
04-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by thecell
Does anybody have a specific taunt for any opposing players the Sox face? I think it might be cool if we got a list together of Official Taunts for the season. All WSI members could try to use them during the games, and considering we make up about half of the attendance we can get the place going. Any thoughts?

Don't know about specific taunts, but here are the people who will deserve them:

Doug Meintkiewicz (shut your mouth, stuck up nobody!)
Torii Hunter (same with you!)
A.J. Pierzynski (seems like it runs in the team "family" )
Shammy
Latroy Hawkins (again?)
Corey Koskie (oh jeez!)
Bobby Higginson (it's been a couple of years... but he still deserves it)
Ron Gardenhire (oh yeah!)
Mike Sweeney (not play? ***?)

There are more... not off the top of my head, but there are more!

Kilroy
04-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Don't know about specific taunts, but here are the people who will deserve them:

Doug Meintkiewicz (shut your mouth, stuck up nobody!)

He got taunted by Kenny Williams on ESPN radio today. Of course, Msafzxdrews said that the Sox should lose the all star game, and afternoon thunder told this to KW. His response was:

KW: Who said we should lose the All Star Game?
AT: Doug Msaeasdfsx****, 1b for the Twins.
KW: Oh, he doesn't have to worry, he won't be here.

34rancher
04-16-2003, 10:33 PM
For Rafel Palmero: Chanting "Cindy Sandburg" works wonders.

guillen4life13
04-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher

Buhner used to be easy, of what I've heard. I have a couple of Twinkie fan relatives who were able to really dig into Chuck Knoblauch in the Baggydome a few years ago when (his first year with the Yankees) when he was doing his batting warmups.

gosox41
04-17-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by thecell

I was taunting PAY-Rod pretty good last May when the Rangers were in town and he came out with a quote in the papers about being in favor of a strike. There was only like 10K in the ballpark so I just got on him every time he was in the on deck circlr. He turned and glared at me after his third at bat. My wife was emabrassed that I spend the whole evening taunting him, but I know he heard me.

Bob

thecell
04-17-2003, 09:11 AM
"Halle Berry" was always a good one for Dave Justice.

calebhatesyou
04-17-2003, 05:08 PM
i'm all for giving a guy a hard time, but i don't really know these people. all i really know is what i've been told about these people. and when i see the opposing players i just can't seem to pull the trigger. i'm not saying you shouldn't, but I can't ( i know i'm a panzee). and i alway get embarasses when i here "that guy" yelling on tv.

MetalliSox
04-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Darryl Strawberry had a tear in his eye when Bart and Lisa taunted him on The Simpsons. So taunts can hurt these guys.

Randar68
04-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher

Funny, I always found, "Rhyno's WIFE" to be a much more effective chant. It has a nice ring and rythem to it. I got a great reaction out of him on that one too.

Wendell McGee.... "Willie's Brother!"

ShoelessFred
04-17-2003, 08:08 PM
One of my favorite instances was for Gabe Kapler. He was doing those K-Swiss commercials because he was the minor league player of the year. I was in the Bullpen bar and he was playing right field. I laid into him for 9 innings wondering why a scrub like him who was hitting .220 had an endorsement deal?

konerkopeachy
04-17-2003, 09:27 PM
four words: SWEENEY is a WEENIE !