PDA

View Full Version : Another thing about last night's game...

MarkEdward
04-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Throwing back home run balls.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

After Joe Randa's home run, a fan tossed the ball back onto the playing field, to the applause of the fans out in left field. Armando Rios, being the nice guy that he is, tosses the ball back into the crowd. This fan then proceeds to (once again) toss the ball back onto the field. Rios then angrily tosses the ball back to the infield.

Throwing the ball back is a Wrigley tradition. Cubs' fans love it. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to copy anything that goes on in Wrigley.

To those who take part in this transgression: if you really don't want the ball (why wouldn't you want it, anyway?), give it to a little kid. I'm sure he/she would cherish it.

sox_fan_forever
04-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Ahhhh. I hate it when people do that. They did it at the home opener after one of the Tigers hit a homer. Drives me nuts. :angry:

Hullett_Fan
04-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Throwing back home run balls.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

After Joe Randa's home run, a fan tossed the ball back onto the playing field, to the applause of the fans out in left field.

To those who take part in this transgression: if you really don't want the ball (why wouldn't you want it, anyway?), give it to a little kid. I'm sure he/she would cherish it.

Some of us sitting out there in left field bleachers gave that fan an earful ("This isn't Wrigley!", "Go home Cub fan!", etc.)...not all of us were applauding :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Some of us sitting out there in left field bleachers gave that fan an earful ("This isn't Wrigley!", "Go home Cub fan!", etc.)...not all of us were applauding :smile:

I'm glad to hear it. Thank you.

Too many of these clowns think it's cute to throw back a homerun ball. That's a loser tradition for losers who think its cute when their team loses. It's got no business on Chicago's South Side.

:lynch&mcfail
"We won't be satisfied until we have a complete monopoly on Chicago's loser population!"

SaltyPretzel
04-16-2003, 09:31 PM
A simple solution would be to enforce the rule prohibiting throwing objects onto the field. Throw the ball back, and we'll throw you out.

duke of dorwood
04-16-2003, 09:40 PM
If you are dumb enough not to want it, give it to a child, who will cherish it. That may be the dumbest thing done at a baseball game