PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy Is KW Great...


kevingrt
04-16-2003, 05:55 PM
I just heard him on ESPN Radio 1000, the flagship with Mac and Jurko.

He just said those drillrods should go into jail and meet Big Bubba to do the rest to them...

Then he was talking about Doug M's comment and said he has no worries about him since he will be no where near the Cell during July 15

MRKARNO
04-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Then he was talking about Doug M's comment and said he has no worries about him since he will be no where near the Cell during July 15

That was the perfect way to respond

Tavarin
04-16-2003, 06:18 PM
He also had a quote that was like "these people have a list of goals that go like 1. run onto baseball field. and there is no number 2. What it should be like is 1. run onto baseball field, 2. get the crap beaten out of me 3. Go to jail"

It was pretty amusing

Jjav829
04-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
He also had a quote that was like "these people have a list of goals that go like 1. run onto baseball field. and there is no number 2. What it should be like is 1. run onto baseball field, 2. get the crap beaten out of me 3. Go to jail"

It was pretty amusing

That was actually in reference to an interview that Boers and Bernstein did on The Score with one of the morons who ran out onto the field. The idiot said that he has a list of things he wants to do in his life such as skydive, bungee jump, and one of them is run out onto the field. KW was either listening or someone relayed the comments to him.

Bucktown
04-16-2003, 07:49 PM
I do love the fact that Kenny isn't afraid to take a shot at someone. Be it the fans, or even other players. I definitely laughed when I heard that interview.

Give 'em hell Kenny. While you are at it, Give Koch too.

Daver
04-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown

Give 'em hell Kenny. While you are at it, Give Koch too.

Why don't you ask him to give it to Rednecks while your at it.

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 08:57 PM
That's funny stuff. I am glad KW is ok laying into the morons and even Doug M. I think that's a good way to approach it instead of taking offense or blowing it off. I wish our manager would give our players hell.

Could we hire Bobby Knight as a consultant? :D:

duke of dorwood
04-16-2003, 09:42 PM
While I never listen, I bet Sox fans were called rednecks a hundred times today on 670

DrCrawdad
04-17-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
While I never listen, I bet Sox fans were called rednecks a hundred times today on 670

I saw a discussion about the latest "incident" at Comiskey on the Cubs News Group. Surprisingly it was pretty reasonable. I found these comments about Paul Sullivan interesting:

(person #1)> Al, I agree with all that you said. In addition to that, I think that
> the White Sox do deserve much blame for this. It doesn't just happen
> anywhere; it happens at White Sox games.

(person #2)
Well, here is a bit more info to ponder. I was listening to WGN this
evening and they interviewed Paul Sullivan, back on the Cubs beat after
three years with the Sox. Sullivan was very clear that this kind of
thing happens at Comiskey Park. Fights in the crowd are a regular
occurrence there, unlike at other parks. Sullivan is not one to pull
punches, and if this was the situation at Wrigley as well, he would've
said so. He was clear in his believe, though, that there is a ton of
stuff that happens at Comiskey that people don't hear about and the Sox
and their ballpark has a sullied reputation that is deserved.