PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about the Cub?

JUGGERNAUT
04-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Here's my official positions:

Indifferent toward the players.
Loathe the owner.
Loathe the patrons of the ballpark.
Loathe the cub fans who hate the SOX.
Loathe the uniform, & insignia.
Loathe their being the 8th most valuable team in MLB.

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by espnjohn1

:nandrolone:

I can think of at least one exception.

Tavarin
04-16-2003, 05:55 PM
I don't care about the players.
I think the Tribune Co. is scum
I hate a good portion of the idiotic fans
I am indifferent to the rest of the idiotic fans
What else...

Oh yeah,

I HATE SAMMY SOSA

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 09:02 PM
I HATE SOSA

I don't mind any of the other players. I enjoy ridiculing the really bad ones. (Juan Cruz, Alou, etc.)

I like when Prior pitches poorly.

I hate that the Tribune gives them so much good press and never any to us.

I hate that their ****ty ol' park is such a big deal to everyone and Cub fans think it's a shrine to all of baseball.

I hate ignorant Cub fans who like their team and "baseball" because they want to be like everyone else.

I don't mind Cub fans who are realistic and true baseball fans.

I just hate their image and how we are put alongside them and never to the good.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-16-2003, 09:26 PM
I agree with most of the negative points towards the ballpark, fans, players, but I do have to say as a baseball fan, that when Kerry Wood has his breaking balls working, it is fun to watch. Those things move like nothing I've ever seen.

Soxboyrob
04-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Love Prior
Love watching Wood, when he's on.
Like Bellhorn
Like Choi
Love Borowski (cool guy)
Can't stand Farnsworth
Can't stand Patterson
Don't care about the rest of the players and

Don't give a damn about the Cubs as a team
Don't give a damn about the Trib
Don't give a damn about Wrigley...although I like taking clients there to see day games when I'd otherwise be working. Eating and drinking for free at a Cub game beats the hell out of working any day of the week.

Risk
04-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Anyone who wears a "lovable losers" tag like it is some kind of compliment deserves no respect.

I despise anything related to the Cubs. Their mere existence and persistent dedication to sucking s### is great for arguing whether or not Jesus died in vain.

I would rather get punji stakes drilled thru my eyes than have to either watch a Cub game or have to listen to the hoopla in the media that "this year is the Cubbies year" since they haven't rolled over and died yet this month.

But the thing that I absolutely hate the most about the Cubs are the ignorant masses of fans who claim the Cubs are the greatest team that has ever graced major league baseball, and yet they trump up any other reason other than the quality of baseball that the team plays.

Not to sound as if I'm making a terroristic threat, but if the Urinal (aka Wrigley) were ever to be condemned, I would like to be the one who pulls the trigger to dynamite the joint and then I would like to have a wide angle lense to see the panic-stricken look on all the Scrub "fans" faces.

Peace :) :gulp:

white sox bill
04-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Why dislike (I hate the word hate, there I said it twice) the players? Can you name ONE player on either team that wouldn't jump ship to the other side of town given the right offer? Go ahead and boo the players, but let the Scrubbie fans have it!

hose
04-17-2003, 10:03 AM
To understand the Cubs look no further than the Iraqi Information Minister, Sahhaf.

Here is a spokesman for a country we are war with, but the US public can't help but like they guy.

The main reason is because he is viewed as a buffoon and harmless.

Just like Sahhaf threating words are not taken serious the Cubs are basically the same.

If the Cubs ever do win then they will drop the lovable losers tag and have to be taken seriously. The county's amusement with the Cubs will start to spiral down.

hsnterprize
04-17-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by espnjohn1

Loathe the owner.
Loathe the patrons of the ballpark.
Loathe the cub fans who hate the SOX.
Loathe the uniform, & insignia.
Loathe their being the 8th most valuable team in MLB.

Players: I at least respect them for their ability, and I'll give credit where credit is due.

Owner: Indifferent. If he's doing a good job, then fine. If not, then so what.

Patrons: UGH!!!!! Many of them are trendy types that I can't stand anyway. The "common folks" are cool as long as they're not drunk. I admire fathers taking their sons to games. I have a boy, and it's a special thing for a father to take his son to a baseball game. Those who frequent their cell phones...blech!!!!! The upper-class people who get upset when someone doesn't give them a "proper" look...they can shove it where their season tickets don't shine. The occasional flasher...don't thrill me, I've seen better. The people who actually go to see the game because they want to watch a game instead of getting drunk either at the ballpark or across the street...far and few between.

Cub fans who hate the Sox: PLEASE!!!!!!! Don't get me started. I don't have the time nor space to vent here.

Uniform and insignia: It's not bad, but it's not great. You'd have to be a die-hard fan in order to think the Cubs colors, uniform, and logo is the best in the majors. After all, as much as I personally despise the trend, there are way many more people wearing White Sox apparel than Cub apparel. Even some Cub fan I used to work with showed up one day on his day off wearing a Sox jersey. I asked him if he was a Sox fan, he said he liked the Cubs. I asked him why was he wearing a Sox jersey? He said it was a gift. Well...at least someone who likes him has some sense.

8th Most valuable team in MLB: No surprize. When the nationally-known Tribune company owns the team, it's no suprize the squad is valuable. It's what's done with the money, not how much is spent, that determines how good of a team fans will cheer for.