PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti on Around the Horn 4/16

HawkDJ
04-16-2003, 05:11 PM
On Around the Horn today the question was asked...Should the All Star Game be moved from Chicago? If you're not familiar with the show there are 4 journalists who argue about questions like these. Obviously the only one to say it should be moved from Chicago was Mariotti.

The other people said the logically things. You can't punish the fans for a few idiots, you just need better security. Bill Plashchke said this is not a Chicago issue, this is an allround MLB issue. Bill also said Chicago deserves the All Star Game.

Mariotti's opinion is that he is worried something like this will happen again at the All Star Game. That's ridiculous. The only ones there will be season ticket holders and a few lucky non-season ticket holders. Idiots can't get in for half price after getting drunk at Wrigley. Security will be top notch for a baseball game. Mariotti is insane.

GASHWOUND
04-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
On Around the Horn today the question was asked...Should the All Star Game be moved from Chicago? If you're not familiar with the show there are 4 journalists who argue about questions like these. Obviously the only one to say it should be moved from Chicago was Mariotti.

The other people said the logically things. You can't punish the fans for a few idiots, you just need better security. Bill Plashchke said this is not a Chicago issue, this is an allround MLB issue. Bill also said Chicago deserves the All Star Game.

Mariotti's opinion is that he is worried something like this will happen again at the All Star Game. That's ridiculous. The only ones there will be season ticket holders and a few lucky non-season ticket holders. Idiots can't get in for half price after getting drunk at Wrigley. Security will be top notch for a baseball game. Mariotti is insane.

Of course, the only one without any common sence would be the Moron. And you're right, these kinds of idiots won't be in a 10 mile radius of the park. It just sucks having heard the attcakers fiance saying he wasn't even a Sox fan.
Now all Sox fans are put in this bad light of us being thugs.
All this just pisses me off

ChiSoxBobette
04-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ

Mariotti is a Horses Butt and he's been spouting this crap about
the All-Star game & the White Sox now for a few years. The idiot can't wait for his family to come into town so they can get all liqoured up at the flubs game then they can get in at the Sox game for half price & cause trouble.
:angry:

kevingrt
04-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Agree with all of you... Season ticket holders pretty much will be on lower deck and anyone else will be upper deck. I would like to see them jump off the upper deck and on to the field.

Plus tix are so much more expensive for that

LuvSox
04-16-2003, 06:18 PM
He also said the south side was a dangerous place. In all my years attending Sox games, I have NEVER seen anything happen before or after a game, be it around the park or in the lots. That's the last time I watch that stupid show.

TornLabrum
04-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
He also said the south side was a dangerous place. In all my years attending Sox games, I have NEVER seen anything happen before or after a game, be it around the park or in the lots. That's the last time I watch that stupid show.

Well, you know the South Side is where many neighborhoods populated by people who are a different color than Moronotti live. I have no doubt that's why he believes it's dangerous. (Can anybody give me a feasable alternative reason?)

The statement is racist on the face of it.

TornLabrum
04-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
Mariotti is a Horses Butt and he's been spouting this crap about
the All-Star game & the White Sox now for a few years.

My dad used to invoke "Vickery's First Law" in explaining people like Moronotti: "It's a proven fact that there are more horse's asses in the world than there are horses."

LuvSox
04-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Well, you know the South Side is where many neighborhoods populated by people who are a different color than Moronotti live. I have no doubt that's why he believes it's dangerous. (Can anybody give me a feasable alternative reason?)

The statement is racist on the face of it.

That's why all the "Moronottis'" of the world say that. Sounds like he is scared. (I've been chased out of Alleghany Gardens before, 35th & Shields is a cake walk.)

jortafan
04-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Agree with all of you... Season ticket holders pretty much will be on lower deck and anyone else will be upper deck. I would like to see them jump off the upper deck and on to the field.

Plus tix are so much more expensive for that

Actually, anyone who hasn't been a season ticket holder for at least three years is going to be banished to the upper deck. The Sox are giving preference to their longer-running ticket holders, and I don't have a problem with that.

But the reality is that the prime seats in the lower deck are going to be filled by VIPs there because they know Bud Selig, or because a team owner gets them the seats. Unless Bud turns into a drunken fool and rushes the field, the All-Star Game is going to be soooo safe. The crowd will be meek.

MetalliSox
04-16-2003, 09:05 PM
If this incident happened at Wrigley, he would be like, "Wrigleyville is a great community. It is an isolated incident. They weren't baseball fans."
Max Kellerman should stick with boxing. The cool guy from LA defended baseball fans and Sox fans and Kellerman responded, "It's known what kind of area the South Side of Chicago is like." I wanna know when the last time Max was on the South Side of Chicago?

I live north of Chicago and feel safer parking in one of Comiskey's lots, instead of paying $30 to park in a narrow lot behind a bar in Wrigleyville.