PDA

View Full Version : More negative national exposure...

thecell
04-16-2003, 03:57 PM
This guy sounds like he's never been to Comiskey, or even Chicago for that matter. This is one of the worst articles I think I have read in a long time. I guess everyone should try to be like the Yankees and the world would be a better...and safer place. What a drillrod!

http://msnbc.com/news/901103.asp?0cv=CB20&cp1=1

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 04:12 PM
OK, this IS an ignorant comment:

Spare me, Chicago, your pious pronouncements of civic civility. I don’t see this happening in other towns, although I don’t doubt it could. I see it in Chicago, where the most lionized sports fans in the world are a brew-swilling mob called — with pride — “The Bleacher Bums.” But the Cubs aren’t plagued by idiots playing “Catch-Me-If-You-Can” with the security guards. It’s just the White Sox — does anyone remember “Disco Demolition Night” that turned into “Stadium Destruction and Forfeited Game Night?” — who have this problem.

Hmm...1996...Randy Myers...a drunken, disgruntled bond trader in the bleachers?

Nah, never happened. I must have dreamt it.

ScottySoxFan
04-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Besides the "this never happens at Wrigley" part of the article, everything seemed fine to me.

Regardless of the stupid Sox/Cubs, Wrigley/Comiskey arguments that have nothing to do with this situation, the White Sox organization deserves hours of negative national exposure because of last night.

The only way this problem will be fixed is if the organization actually tries to do something about it. The author of the article was right, security should have been on alert after the first two guys ran on the field for laughs. If security had been doing their jobs, last night's situation would have never escalated into an umpire being attacked.

doublem23
04-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Let's not forget the true, blue Cub fan who picked a fight with the entire Dodger bullpen....

But they never have problems with drunken fans at Wrigley. Only Sox fans.