PDA

View Full Version : THIS fan incident is on the front page of every sports site

TheBigHurt
04-16-2003, 02:30 PM
THIS fan incident is on the front page of every sports site:
ESPN
YAHOO Sports
TSN

AND I wore my Frank Thomas jersery proudly today........TO show this incident does not represent The Sox or the fans of the Sox :)

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Were you expecting it NOT to be?

Lip

TheBigHurt
04-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Were you expecting it NOT to be?

Lip

IM just kinda sick of it

AND I think its giving us Sox fans a bad name

BE GOOD

Foulke You
04-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
IM just kinda sick of it

AND I think its giving us Sox fans a bad name

BE GOOD

Agreed. I am sick and tired of the national media only paying attention to us when there is something negative to report. There are never any articles on All-Star RF Magglio Ordonez, the renovations that are being done to the park, the charity events the players participate in. Not to mention the great charity work that Windy City Sox fans and the official White Sox Charities do. There are many little league parks that have been refurbished and built (one right near my work on Ogden and Randolph) all around the Chicago area with money raised from the White Sox. Heck, even the local media doesn't pay attention to that so why would the national media? It isn't all negative when it comes to the White Sox, unfortunately that is all that is ever reported on.

Scotty347
04-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Can you really blame the media for being negative about last nights incidents for crying out loud?

I really don't think this is a day when we can complain about not getting a fair shake in the media.

MRKARNO
04-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Not to mention all of the regular news sites. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about it on AL-Jazeera's site

Polack
04-16-2003, 05:20 PM
Now there is an article on MSNBC where a sportswriter suggests that the Sox must ban alcohol at the ballpark to prevent this nonsense.http:// I can take it when the prices are increased, I can take when we don't hit like we should, or field like tavern league team, but if Reinsdorf bans beer, I'm outta here.

Foulke You
04-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Scotty347
Can you really blame the media for being negative about last nights incidents for crying out loud?

I really don't think this is a day when we can complain about not getting a fair shake in the media.

I am not blaming the media for being negative about it. What I AM blaming the media for is only focusing on our team when something like this happens. Everything remotely positive gets overlooked or ignored at other times. Events like this snowball into the media circus that has everyone from ESPN, MSNBC, Doug Mienkwiecz, and the Pope spouting off on the Sox when they don't care or know jack $#!t about our team or our fans. They just want a juicy negative story to print.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 07:20 PM
Two weeks ago The Sporting News print edition had a long feature story on Maggs.

Just FYI.

and with respect I'll say what I honestly believe.....you want good publicity? Win more games.

Lip

Rocklive99
04-16-2003, 07:27 PM
I know this was important, but my God, it wasn't a terrorist attack. I think ESPN is blowing this a bit out of proportion. After doing a whole bunch of coverage on the incident and they were showing the box score of the game, they even had "Fan attacked umpire Laz Diaz (sp?) in the bottom of the 8th innning" under the notes section. People run onto the field in other places, it just happened a couple days ago when the Sox were at Comerica Park. Yeah, it's bad when the fan try to "attack" someone on the field, but do you have to act like its breaking news from Iraq? Sorry if anyone took this the wrong way, but those are just my thoughts.

LuvSox
04-16-2003, 07:32 PM
It's a sports channel that reports sports news, so it is important to them. It should be important to us also, we're the Sox fans who now live in a negative light because of some low rent - white trash.

"He didn't get beat up because he stormed the field, he got beat 'cause he wore a baby blue shirt."

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Not to mention all of the regular news sites. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about it on AL-Jazeera's site

:sahaf
"Al-Jazeera is skewed on behalf of the infidel Cubs media! Do not believe their lies!!!"

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 07:44 PM
I agree that the media should print it and should make a deal out the "attack" on the ump. But they should also give us a fair chance to prove that we're not bad people and that our team and organization does involve good people who do good things. The Cubs never get seen for bad things and they seem to forget everything sammy does off the field. I just think that overall we're not given an equal chance on both ends and it's wrong. But I guess it's life for the southside faithful.... :(: