PDA

View Full Version : Don't blame BEER for last night's disgrace...

Kilroy
04-16-2003, 02:56 PM
those dregs were morons before they took their first sips. And from hearing that one assclown interviewed on the radio the day after when he wasn't drunk, you know that he thought it was no big deal.

And further, there was plenty of other people at the park that tipped a few and managed to not go over the fences. Beer is not the problem.

MORONS ARE!!

steff
04-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Damn straight Kilroy!! I was way ****faced last night... I stayed in my seat :D:

TheBigHurt
04-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Damn straight Kilroy!! I was way ****faced last night... I stayed in my seat :D:

CONGRATS!!!!!!

BE GOOD

Juan Pizarro
04-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Beer does not get al the blame, but you can believe that few inclined morons would make the trip over the wall without a strong fortification of malted courage.

DrCrawdad
04-16-2003, 03:18 PM
http://ak-sports.espn.go.com/f/1917/8668/6H/espn.go.com/media/mlb/2003/0416/photo/a_security_ht.jpg

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 03:21 PM
http://ak-sports.espn.go.com/f/1917/8668/6H/espn.go.com/media/mlb/2003/0416/photo/a_security_ht.jpg
"I was not drunk at the time and these bandages around my skull are not from a beating with the Chicago phone directory, either."

TheBigHurt
04-16-2003, 03:27 PM
WHAT time was that photo taken??????? :?:

balz1472
04-16-2003, 03:32 PM
:gulp: As Homer would put it:

"To alcohol - the cause of and solution to all of life's problems!"

whitesoxwilkes
04-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

Except for when you felt obligated to shake that groove thang of yours...

Bisco Stu
04-16-2003, 04:00 PM
That's why pot is the best drug. Booze makes you lose focus on the game, with pot, every pitch is like the last pitch of the World Series.

TheBigHurt
04-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
That's why pot is the best drug. Booze makes you lose focus on the game, with pot, every pitch is like the last pitch of the World Series.

REALLY i wouldn't know............

white sox bill
04-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
REALLY i wouldn't know............

I would! Power to the weed!

steff
04-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Except for when you felt obligated to shake that groove thang of yours...

You just can't keep a secret can you???
:smile:

kevingrt
04-16-2003, 05:35 PM
Alchohol doesn't do it dumbasses with alchohol does it!

whitesoxwilkes
04-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

Ummm...shhhh...it;s true.

Bucktown
04-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Alchohol doesn't do it dumbasses with alchohol does it!
Here is my idea...have patrons complete an IQ test while they are qaiting in line. If they pass then they can drink.

If they are not wearing their shirts or their wallet is attached to their pants by a giant chain then the IQ test is unnecessary. Nore than two tattoos is an automatic denial as well.

34 Inch Stick
04-17-2003, 10:26 AM
The more skin showing on a man the less they should be allowed to drink. The more skin showing on a woman the more they should be allowed to drink.

A very simple rule.

TheBigHurt
04-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The more skin showing on a man the less they should be allowed to drink. The more skin showing on a woman the more they should be allowed to drink.

A very simple rule.

THE fact of less skin meaning drinking does more to you is absolutely correct

BE GOOD

hsnterprize
04-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Why not just don't drink beer...period? Hey...I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but wouldn't you think a Sox game is best enjoyed when you're sober? After all, you'll be in a presence of mind to cheer, heckle, and do whatever you want to without the effects if alcohol messing up your system. Besides, too many people use alcohol as an excuse for why they do someof the stupid things they do instead of taking personal responsibility for their actions, whether drunk or sober, anyway.

Personally, I just don't understand why people have to go out and get plasteredin order to have a good time. I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone, but it just doesn't make sense. There's enough things in the world that'll mess up a person the after-effects of beer.

Nothing against you fans who drink at a game. I don't see the harm in drinking a few beers at a baseball game. However, we've seen too many people lose control of themselves when they drink too much, and in my life, I've seen too many people who talk and act like if they go somewhere that has no beer, they can't have a good time. Now...think about it...we constantly rip on Cubs fans about going to Wrigley to get drunk at a game, and yet, some of us on this particular thread are doing the same thing.

Once again, I'm not saying having a beer at the ballpark is wrong, but I just don't find it necessary in order to have a good time there. Besides, if the Sox lose, there are other things going on that can make a Sox loss easier to deal with.

kermittheefrog
04-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Here I feel very similar to the way I feel about gun violence.

It's not just beer thats the problem. It's not just stupid people who are the problem. It's the combination of stupid people and beer. Which is why the problem is so hard to address because you struggle to justify removing either one. Although removing beer is a lot easier than removing stupid people.

The Sox probably should curtail beer sales a bit, similar to the way the Cubs did after Chad Kreuter got his hat stolen and that started a brawl.

kermittheefrog
04-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Why not just don't drink beer...period? Hey...I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but wouldn't you think a Sox game is best enjoyed when you're sober? After all, you'll be in a presence of mind to cheer, heckle, and do whatever you want to without the effects if alcohol messing up your system. Besides, too many people use alcohol as an excuse for why they do someof the stupid things they do instead of taking personal responsibility for their actions, whether drunk or sober, anyway.

Personally, I just don't understand why people have to go out and get plasteredin order to have a good time. I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone, but it just doesn't make sense. There's enough things in the world that'll mess up a person the after-effects of beer.

Nothing against you fans who drink at a game. I don't see the harm in drinking a few beers at a baseball game. However, we've seen too many people lose control of themselves when they drink too much, and in my life, I've seen too many people who talk and act like if they go somewhere that has no beer, they can't have a good time. Now...think about it...we constantly rip on Cubs fans about going to Wrigley to get drunk at a game, and yet, some of us on this particular thread are doing the same thing.

Once again, I'm not saying having a beer at the ballpark is wrong, but I just don't find it necessary in order to have a good time there. Besides, if the Sox lose, there are other things going on that can make a Sox loss easier to deal with.

I think we can make the assumption that anyone on this board who drinks at ballgames doesn't rush the field afterwards. So you're directing your solution at people who most likely don't do anything wrong.

hsnterprize
04-17-2003, 01:10 PM
"I think we can make the assumption that anyone on this board who drinks at ballgames doesn't rush the field afterwards. So you're directing your solution at people who most likely don't do anything wrong."

Not necessarily. Of course the 99.9999999999999 percent of the people who drink at a ballgame, or anywhere for that matter, don't do anything wrong. I'm just saying that...A) Those who do stuff like what those idiots did the other night shouldn't blame alcohol for their stupidity. And B), I've been around enough people in life to know there are a lot of people out there who think they can't have a good time without either getting drunk, "plastered", "####faced", whatever the saying is. I'm saying why not have a good time without all the excess drinking?

I confess...I don't drink. So, if I appeared to be imposing or condeming, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for my thoughts to come ot that way. I admit I get tired of all the constant references to people getting totally "blitzed" in order to have fun somewhere. Like I said, I'm not against people drinking at all. I just figured that if we're supposed to be the "anti-Cub drunk" who's supposed to go to a game because we actually give a rip about our team, then why not set a good example and not get so drunk and rowdy at the ballpark. Of course, no matter how much beer you drink, there's no excuse for things like either running on the field or driving a car after the game. I just pray that all of us frequenters of this site for example are smart enough to watch what we drink, and how much we drink.

Obviously, I trust that the overwhelming majority of us Sox fans and those of us who write on this site in one way or another are smart enough to curb our drinking when thesituation arises. It's just the morons, whether they cheer for the Sox or Cubs, that make me mad. They make us all look bad when they're not careful and smart.

Ventura23Fan
04-18-2003, 12:58 AM
I agree with what you are saying hsnterprize. That way of thinking finally clicked for me at the age of 23. Some get it at an earlier age, some get it at a later age, and some never get it. It's never cool to drink to the point where you lose control. Sometimes it takes a person getting arrested or getting the crap beaten out of them or worse before they finally get it. And it's no fun being at a game when you have to make trips to the bathroom every other inning or you drink to the point where you don't even remember what happened during parts of the game. I do drink, but not every time I go to a game, and I usually limit myself to 2 or 3. I'm not perfect, so there are times when I drink too much, which makes me very upset with myself the next day. But those times are very rare for me now at the age of 34. And when I did drink excessively, I always was smart enough to know that it was me, not the alcohol, that was responsible for my actions.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ventura23Fan
....And when I did drink excessively, I always was smart enough to know that it was me, not the alcohol, that was responsible for my actions.

Hey, what kind of baseball fan are you? Don't you know the Ligues, Dybas, and Skutniks of this world are complete and utter VICTIMS to he held blameless for their actions?

:homer simpson
"This ticket gives me the right -- NO, THE DUTY!-- to make a complete ass of myself!

:)

TheBigHurt
04-18-2003, 11:51 AM
*A side note- MY sister is 25 and has never drank or smoked and she goes "clubbin" every weekend

Sad
04-18-2003, 01:31 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
sweet, sweet beeeeerrrrrrrrrgaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh<drool>

as Hank Hill said :
(after learning a saucer of beer can catch unwanted garden snails)

"Is there anything beer can't do?"

jortafan
04-18-2003, 01:54 PM
I don't know about you people, but personally, the cost of a ballpark cup of beer (close fo $5 each) keeps me from having too many. Either Dybas went broke indulging in his drinking binge Tuesday, or he's a big mooch.

Either way, I don't have much respect for him.

alohafri
04-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hey, what kind of baseball fan are you? Don't you know the Ligues, Dybas, and Skutniks of this world are complete and utter VICTIMS to he held blameless for their actions?

You bring up an interesting point, George. Dybas will get so much sympathy from the Michael Moore's of the world. "Oh, we need to get this poor guy some help. Don't fine him. Don't send him to jail. I will drive him to AA myself, the poor man. How bad can he be anyway, he is a Cub fan."

Screw that, throw the book at him! Let Ted Nugent use Dybas and Ligue for target practice.