PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney should be treated like Barry Bonds. No joke.

SoxxoS
04-16-2003, 01:14 PM
As far as I am concerned, the Sox should walk Sweeney whenever possible. Treat him like Barry Bonds, becuse he is Barry Bonds against us. I looked up what he is hitting against the two other teams the Royals have played, and I believe the batting averages were .143 and .154. Against us he is hitting .500 with a 1.543 OPS and a 900 slugging percentage.

Last year, Sweeney hit 14 RBI's against us, 5 more than any other team. Also hit 4 homers, the most against any other team as well. Take the bat out of his hands, NOW.

Foulke You
04-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
As far as I am concerned, the Sox should walk Sweeney whenever possible. Treat him like Barry Bonds, becuse he is Barry Bonds against us. I looked up what he is hitting against the two other teams the Royals have played, and I believe the batting averages were .143 and .154. Against us he is hitting .500 with a 1.543 OPS and a 900 slugging percentage.

Last year, Sweeney hit 14 RBI's against us, 5 more than any other team. Also hit 4 homers, the most against any other team as well. Take the bat out of his hands, NOW.

Couldn't agree more. I would also like to see the Sox treat Randa with kid gloves. The way those two guys hit our pitching, you'd think that our team ran over their dog or something.

baggio202
04-16-2003, 01:19 PM
joe randa too...god does he kill us

UnderpantsGnome
04-16-2003, 01:43 PM

I can go along with that. In defense of Koch, the pitch Sweeney hit looked to be low and outside, definitely not a cookie. It's scary to think that Sweeney was able to PULL a low and away Koch heater....brrrrr.....that gives me the chills.

Hopefully there'll be a game for us to watch tonight.

SoxxoS
04-16-2003, 01:44 PM
And that damn smile makes it even worse.

Joe Randa Happy- :smile:

Joe Randa Angry- :smile:

Joe Randa in a Bad Mood- :smile:

SoxxoS
04-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by UnderpantsGnome
I can go along with that. In defense of Koch, the pitch Sweeney hit looked to be low and outside, definitely not a cookie. It's scary to think that Sweeney was able to PULL a low and away Koch heater....brrrrr.....that gives me the chills.

Hopefully there'll be a game for us to watch tonight.

I watched the pitch in slow-mo on TIVO, and that pitch was center cut, down the plate, and Sweeney put the fat part of the bat on it. It was straight too.

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 01:49 PM
And that damn smile makes it even worse.

Joe Randa Happy- :smile:

Joe Randa Angry- :smile:

Joe Randa in a Bad Mood- :smile:

Post of the week...nicely played, SoxxoS.

:smile:

SuperGrover
04-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Conisdering that nearly all statistical analysis indicates that it is better for the Giants if Bonds is intentionally walked, I kinda disagree. Sweeney is a good offensive player, but he's no better than Mags and not as good as Giambi, Manny Ramirez or A-Rod. You simply have to get the guy out when you need to.

Treat Randa with kid gloves? Are you guys kidding me?

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SuperGrover
Conisdering that nearly all statistical analysis indicates that it is better for the Giants if Bonds is intentionally walked, I kinda disagree. Sweeney is a good offensive player, but he's no better than Mags and not as good as Giambi, Manny Ramirez or A-Rod. You simply have to get the guy out when you need to.

Treat Randa with kid gloves? Are you guys kidding me?

Sweeney has been a thorn in the Sox side for a couple of years now. Last year he made it a point to call out the rest of the Royals twice - both times before the Sox played them The guy simply hates our team and he kills us to boot. Thus putting his money where his mouth is. I don't know if walking him every time is the answer or not, but they definitely need to do something...

SuperGrover
04-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Sweeney has been a thorn in the Sox side for a couple of years now. Last year he made it a point to call out the rest of the Royals twice - both times before the Sox played them The guy simply hates our team and he kills us to boot. Thus putting his money where his mouth is. I don't know if walking him every time is the answer or not, but they definitely need to do something...

Last year Sweeney hit 0.333/0.418/0.646 which is a little better than his total season, but not much. You just have to be careful with Sweeney because he's a damn good hitter not b/c he "hates" the Sox.

FYI--Randa was significantly worse against the Sox than against the rest of the league last year (0.242/0.284/0.323).

SoxxoS
04-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Post of the week...nicely played, SoxxoS.

:smile:

I'm honored. My first post of the week. :D: