PDA

View Full Version : Half-price nights = disaster waiting to happen

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 12:56 PM
I know I'm repeating myself on this subject, but there must be 1000 better ways to build attendance than giving away your product for half-price to every drunken low-life who spends their "savings" on beer.

Walk-up gate is the least desirable of any kind of paying customer. Their number is hard to predict, costly to staff up to accommodate, and very fickled in their tastes (i.e. "the weather isn't nice, so I'm not going to the game.")

Somebody in the front office needs to get a clue. The money the Sox are spending to let these idiots into the game on Monday and Tuesday nights would be better spent giving out 2-games-for-the-price-of-1 ticket bargains, pre-paid coupons for available future tickets, or discounting full-season and partial-season ticket packages. These are common sense ideas I came up with right off the top of my head.

Half-priced walk ups = half-crazed customers = marketing nightmare.

:gallas
"Okay, but can I keep the Flying Elvis dog day with "Make Love, Not War" sleepover promotion?

Rocky Soprano
04-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Why punish all the fans for the actions of a few drunken fools?

Set a limit to beer that can be purchased. Have wristbands or something like that.

DO NOT TAKE THE HALF PRICE NIGHTS AWAY.

CHISOXFAN13
04-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Not all of us can afford to pay $29 a night to see the Sox or even $14 for that matter.

I have attended between 30 and 40 Sox games each of the last five seasons, and without the half-price nights, this wouldn't be feasible.

Punishing fans like me who moved to Bridgeport so I can attend more games would be the real disaster.

clarkent
04-16-2003, 01:12 PM
You are correct-- they are a disaster. As said in my other thread, at the very least close off the lower bowl for half price nights. If people want to pay half price go sit in the upper deck. At least then they won't be jumping on the field. It may be a case of haves vs. have nots but the lower bowl is awful on half price nights. And really I don't buy season tickets to have profane drunk idiots sit around me. Cut them off!!

thecell
04-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by clarkent
You are correct-- they are a disaster. As said in my other thread, at the very least close off the lower bowl for half price nights. If people want to pay half price go sit in the upper deck. At least then they won't be jumping on the field. It may be a case of haves vs. have nots but the lower bowl is awful on half price nights. And really I don't buy season tickets to have profane drunk idiots sit around me. Cut them off!!

I couldn't agree with you more clarkent. I can't stand having drunk and annoying fans sitting around me on half-price nights. All non half-price games are a lot more fun from a fan standpoint.

Foulke You
04-16-2003, 01:15 PM
I can see your point PHG and it does seem that these types of rowdy crowds happen on 1/2 price nights. I would prefer the Sox to increase the season ticket base more than the walkup sales. This is coming from someone who doesn't have a lot of money and has frequented these half price nights. Half price brings in LOTS of Cubs fans and non Sox/baseball fans to the park. If the lower bowl of seats was filled with mostly season ticket holders, we wouldn't have to worry about the random idiot running out onto the field because there would be real Sox fans sitting there.

That being said, the 1/2 price night is here to stay and I think the "Miller Fueled Mayhem" needs to be cutoff at an earlier inning, like say the 4th inning on these discount nights unless you are seated in the Fandeck or Bullpen Sports Bar.

balz1472
04-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by clarkent

I would have to say that this is the best idea yet. Make the 1/2 price tickets only available to those people who have paid for tickets in the upper tank. Although I did buy tickets in Lower Deck Rsv'd for last night's game, I would be happy to go to the game up in the upper deck box if it were half price instead.
Great Idea Clarkent! (just givin' props when justified)

baggio202
04-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Why punish all the fans for the actions of a few drunken fools?

Set a limit to beer that can be purchased. Have wristbands or something like that.

DO NOT TAKE THE HALF PRICE NIGHTS AWAY.

because its more than a few druken fools..there were three other incidents last night...there were fights in the stands...anytime we seem to have problems its always on half price nights...oakland had the same problem with half price wendesdays...they cancelled them this year...this is a problem...a big one

you dont want half price mondays and tuesdays taken away but what would happen if the next nut case that runs on the field decides to "monica seles" mike sweeney because he hit a home run to beat us the night before???...what measures would be taken then???...

sox need to be proactive from now on bigtime..they can not claim "unforeseen circumstances" anymore...i have 3 boys..family of 5...i cant afford to take the family except on kids days and half price days ...but why would i want to take my family to half price nights anymore???...so half price nights are out for me anyways..

calebhatesyou
04-16-2003, 01:41 PM
down here in tampa (they are not the brightest here either, but i thought this was good) the staff hands out coupons to patrons on the way out the gate good for a half price ticket on their next visit to the park, provided their ticket stub from the first game is presented as well. this would a diffenet type of "walk-up". one who actually want to be at a baseball game (not somebody who just wants to be out on the town) and one who tends not to get studitly/violently drunk ( theory being: drunks have a hard time keeping a ticket stub AND a coupon pair together for longer than 30 seconds).

this may seem like a rube goldburg system of attracting fans to our park, but it would most probably safegaurd joe fan, umpires, players, and coaches from these acts of stupidity while giving fans without "Sox Tickets" included in their budget who still like to go see live baseball a chance to do so on beautiful summer days.

baseball with out half price tickets might as well be football. it's a chance to see live sports for cheap. i'm sure i could find a lawyer who could find that as a constitutional right. :smile:

guillen4life13
04-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
down here in tampa (they are not the brightest here either, but i thought this was good) the staff hands out coupons to patrons on the way out the gate good for a half price ticket on their next visit to the park, provided their ticket stub from the first game is presented as well. this would a diffenet type of "walk-up". one who actually want to be at a baseball game (not somebody who just wants to be out on the town) and one who tends not to get studitly/violently drunk ( theory being: drunks have a hard time keeping a ticket stub AND a coupon pair together for longer than 30 seconds).

this may seem like a rube goldburg system of attracting fans to our park, but it would most probably safegaurd joe fan, umpires, players, and coaches from these acts of stupidity while giving fans without "Sox Tickets" included in their budget who still like to go see live baseball a chance to do so on beautiful summer days.

baseball with out half price tickets might as well be football. it's a chance to see live sports for cheap. i'm sure i could find a lawyer who could find that as a constitutional right. :smile:

I actually like that idea. It seems really logical and safe. clark, no offense, but you're just a little overboard. For one that would cost quite a bit of money, which would then increase ticket prices, etc., knowing our owner.
Face it: there isn't that much you can do to stop a rowdy fan from charging the field. You can do beer limits, etc, but that still has it's flaws, and it's not foolproof. The main problem is that you have a few little *******s who want to give the Sox and their fans the reputation of being drunkards and violent individuals. We all know the real fans aren't so, but the rest of the nation doesn't.

Coupons make sense because then, yeah, you have to pay for a full price game, but you can get a coupon and possibly redeem it at any game you wish to redeem it at, getting the ticket as a walkup thing ya know? Just my thoughts.

doublem23
04-16-2003, 03:03 PM
:threadsucks

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Let me clarify my position regarding half-price discounts because clearly my post has caused confusion.

I AM COMPLETELY IN FAVOR OF OFFERING HALF-PRICED DISCOUNTS TO SOX FANS.

There is nothing wrong with half-price discounts. It is how the Sox administer the discount that causes trouble--not the discount itself! Correcting the problem would be easy if anybody in the front office had a clue.

Give the discounts to SOX FANS and everything will be grrrreat! This ought to be obvious.

1.) If SOX FANS need a half-priced discount to attend a game, give it to them with a "Buy 1, Get 1 Free to Another Game" discount. Not only does the SOX FAN get the 50% discount, the Sox get the same fan into the ballpark twice, thus raising attendance for TWO games, not just one.

2.) If SOX FANS pay full-price to see a lousy effort by the Sox (for example, a game Koch blows the save), give coupons to those fans leaving the ballpark for a FREE TICKET to any available game the rest of the season.

3.) If SOX FANS pay for Sox-Seven or some other partial ticket package, entice them back for the next season with an upgraded season ticket package that includes FREE COUPONS for half-priced discounts on even more Sox games.

It's loyal SOX FANS like those in #1, #2, and #3 that should be getting half-priced discounts. SOX FANS would LOVE these discounts, but the riff-raff that showed up Tuesday night won't. That's because their loyalty isn't to the Sox, but rather the warm weather and cheap price of entry WITH NO COMMITMENT to do anything but show up at the ticket window by 7 pm the day of the game.

Hey, if you're a SOX FAN, you don't want your discount offered to anybody but SOX FANS like yourself. I'm willing to draw a distinction between anybody posting here (including DoubleM, Rocky Soprano, and ChisoxFan13) that wants half-priced discounts and the riff-raff that runs onto the field. That's because you guys are SOX FANS and those other numbskulls aren't.

Unfortunately, the Chicago and national media isn't being as generous as I am. As far as they're concerned, Sox Park is inhabited by animals loose from the zoo. That's why the half-price walk up deals must absolutely be done away with.

You as a SOX FAN are getting tarred, right along with the stupid front office that offered this disaster-waiting-to-happen discount program.

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 05:47 PM
I have no problem with the idea of changing how the 1/2 price system is enacted, but I don't think it is totally fair to blame the system. There have been many other half-price nights with no trouble at all going back for years. I think this was caused by a strange confluence of events which included the afternoon flubbies home game, the first place Royals being in town and (what the heck) a full moon. Yes, if there was no half price night last night then maybe this wouldn't have happened, on the other hand, it might have made no difference at all. A drunken idiot who buys a bleacher seat for half-price can afford an upper deck full price ticket and then walk/sit where they want to and thus cause trouble anyway.

Besides, for most of these guys one or two more beers (the difference in price between a half-price UD ticket and a full price UD ticket) isn't going to make a huge difference in how drunk they get - especially since many of them have been drinking all day at the flubbies game and bars before coming to Soxpark. I mean is the difference between 14 beers and 12 beers that big of a deal? Heck in 10 hours in my mid-20's I could easily drink a case of beer and 2 less wasn't really going to make a difference in how drunk I was or how I acted. Of course, I never wanted to run on the field and act like an idiot.

I do agree with your ideas of how to improve the 1/2 price giveaways (The coupon for a second game in particular), but the system itself is not the only reason this is a problem and drawing casual fans to the park is the only way they are ever going to increase attendance in the long run.

Interesting how the modifications to the park made this eaier for these morons to do their thing. Without the ceiling on the gap between the fence and the seats, these guys wouldn't have been able to do what they did from the bleachers and it certainly would have been harder for a fan to jump the wall on the first base line if the extra rows of seats hadn't been added...

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I have no problem with the idea of changing how the 1/2 price system is enacted, but I don't think it is totally fair to blame the system....

As others have noted, it has NOT been an extraordinary occurence for half-priced nights to get out of hand. Fights in the stands are completely out of hand on several of these dates every season, and who can forget the women showing their tits at a half-priced night last year? Half-priced night has replaced Friday Night Fights at Old Comiskey from the 60's and 70's.

I'm all for attracting casual fans, but I draw the line on casual fans who require the next round of Sox Park improvements include a fence and a moat. Hooliganism is soccer's problem, not baseball's.

God help us if any of us believe we need this riff raff at the ballpark. Hell, they're DRIVING AWAY potential fans--as several other posters have noted, too.

joecrede
04-16-2003, 06:28 PM
How about 1/2 price when purchased in advance. Day of game purchases full price. The service charge would hold the crowd down though. Like the buy 1 get 1 free idea.

On a related note, I hope no one trumpets the virtues of the "Comiskey Upgrade" after this incident. This is what can happen when you sit wherever you want and not in the seat you paid for.

Dadawg_77
04-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Honestly, the Sox should do is put a Security personal at the bottom of each asile in the Bleacher section in the Outfield for the entire game, be more stringent on preventing Comiskey upgrades. After the third time the Sox finally put personal at the bottom of the asiles. They should have been there since the start. Sox had their secrutity force as a reactive force rather then a proactive force last night.

alohafri
04-16-2003, 07:30 PM
I have a much better idea than eliminating half-priced nights, adding security, et. al. Why don't we just throw the book at these fools. How funny will they be shelling out 5000 bucks for a tresspassing charge? How funny will they feel when some guy named "Bubba" is demanding that they drop their pants for the third time in a day during their 30 day sentence? When word gets out, even the drunken Cub fans will think twice about running on the field.

doublem23
04-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

You as a SOX FAN are getting tarred, right along with the stupid front office that offered this disaster-waiting-to-happen discount program.

I'm willing to be dragged through the mud for $14 bleacher seats.

Kilroy
04-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I have a much better idea than eliminating half-priced nights, adding security, et. al. Why don't we just throw the book at these fools. How funny will they be shelling out 5000 bucks for a tresspassing charge?

You're giving these dim-bulbs waaaaay too much credit. Do you really think that they think that far down the line? However, if one of those mutton heads got a first-class extended ass whipping before security got to them, and that was all over TV and sportscenter, etc, the next ****-for-brains would think twice. "Hmm, last guy that did this got his face caved in by two baseball teams. Never mind." By the time punishment comes for these clowns now, the story is reported in a small blurb that most don't even see, and then the punishment isn't that bad on top of it.

But about 10 sucker punches to the back of the head along with a few kicks to the gut and cleats thru the hairy bean bag would send a bit of a message.

hsnterprize
04-17-2003, 06:30 AM
This whole concept of offering tickets at half price is a good idea in theory. Of course, with the way prices are going up and up every year, the "average fan" can't afford to take the family to the ballgame anymore like in generations past. However, I, like many of you, have concerns that when you lower the ticket price, then you invite trouble. I'm not for totally eliminating half-price promotions. I'd actually would like to see the Sox lower prices permanently within certain areas of the park. I'd love to see upper deck prices dropped...especially in the highest rows of seats. Some ballparks have super-high seats as cheap as a dollar (Miller Park in Milwaukee and Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix for example). But, if the Sox are either going to keep the half-price promotions, or lower ticket prices in the "worst seats", then I think there needs to be some strong enforcement in controlling fan behavior.

Unfortunately, no pro sports team can completely keep out the jerks and those who are intent in causing trouble. However, the presence of more security at the ballpark last night was a good sign. I'd personally would like to see more off-duty police walking around the concourses and stationed at certian checkpoints in the concourses. I'd also would like to see the beer sales stopped earlier in the game. Of course, that's not going to stop someone from buying a bunch of beer early in the contest, but at least there's more of a chance for someone to sober up if they drink their beer in the 1st or 2nd inning rather than the 7th, 8th, and 9th frames. The Bullpen Sports Bar, and other restauarants can sell beer throughout the game, as another poster suggested.

The Sox are already using "ticket discipline", a tactic Major League Baseball officials say is in use throughout the big leagues, in which ushers get strict on where you sit. I know there have been and are still complaints about ushers not letting fans move to seats closer to the action, but after a couple of nights ago, what are they and the Sox management to do? The first time a player gets stabbed ala Monica Seles, many complaints will arise from across the country as to what the Sox did/didn't do to keep an incident like that from happening. It was good that the umpire attacked was a former Marine, but not everyone in "blue" is as skilled in hand-to-hand combat as Laz Diaz is.

I'm for one am with the Sox as far as making the experience at U.S. Cellular Field a safe and enjoyable one. The Sox, as much as we like to rip on management, have worked very hard to make our time at the Cell as enjoyable as possible. "Family Friendly" atmosphere is something the Sox take very seriously, and when Eric Dybas decided to play the role of an Iraqi Republican Guard attacking an American Marine, he learned the hard way that you don't run on the field without getting the tar beaten out of you. Good for whoever put the gash in his head...that's the least of what Eric has to deal with. Imagine if, as part of his punishment, he had to take one punch from every player on the Royals AND White Sox. That would sober him up very quickly.

steff
04-17-2003, 07:57 AM
I have a much better idea than eliminating half-priced nights, adding security, et. al. Why don't we just throw the book at these fools. How funny will they be shelling out 5000 bucks for a tresspassing charge? How funny will they feel when some guy named "Bubba" is demanding that they drop their pants for the third time in a day during their 30 day sentence? When word gets out, even the drunken Cub fans will think twice about running on the field.

You read my mind Kevin. That is the key. A few hours in lockup and a fine.. big deal. Unless you assult someone. Bull$hit. Change the charge to FELONY tresspassing, endangering lives, and a MANDATORY 30 day stay.

alohafri
04-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Unless we can hire "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as the new head of security...

voodoochile
04-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Unless we can hire "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as the new head of security...

The guy couldn't cut it in the NFL. How the heck could he handle a bunch of southside drunks?

bfauble83
04-17-2003, 11:02 AM
You guys are lucky to have half priced nights...I'm paying full price to go to Camden Apr. 23 to root the Sox on...If the O's had some type of half price night, I'd go to more than probably this one game all year.

hsnterprize
04-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
You read my mind Kevin. That is the key. A few hours in lockup and a fine.. big deal. Unless you assult someone. Bull$hit. Change the charge to FELONY tresspassing, endangering lives, and a MANDATORY 30 day stay.

Stricter penalties will defintely get those drunken idiots to think twice before ruining the fun for the rest of us who actually give a rip about the game. Kenny Williams said that tougher penalties are in store on a TV interview, but he didn't elaborate on the specifics due to security reasons. Hopefully, they'll throw the book at whoever is the next idiot to run on the field. Oh by the way, one of the knuckleheads who ran on the field told a reporter that he didn't think what he did was a big deal...it was the thing to do, and something he wantedto do before he died. He'd better be glad someone didn't kill him that night.

hsnterprize
04-17-2003, 12:38 PM
If crap like this can happen when the Sox cut their prices in half one night a week, then what would happen if the Sox were to pemanently lower prices in certain parts of the ballpark. I'm for lowering ticket prices and everything, but I don't want things like this to happen night after night. I know that's not going to be the case, but I'm thinking, "worst case scenario" here.

Banix12
04-17-2003, 12:39 PM
I don't know how popular this idea would be but how about the occasional half-price day game. Make it a late afternoon game around a three or four o'clock start. You more than likely would get less of the rowdy crowd at that time and a more family atmosphere. Hell make it a half price family day. i like that buy one get one idea as well.

Dadawg_77
04-17-2003, 12:39 PM
The way the law is written there is only so much you can do currently. The Sox are trying to get the law to contained tougher penalties.

Banix12
04-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Baseball really needs to just accross the board lower the price of attendance at all stadiums. They play 162 games in a season with 81 home games so if the average fan of their team can only afford to go to one or two of those 81 home games something is seriously wrong. They should keep all the money they spend on those giveaways like the bobbleheads and save it to cut expenses and slash the prices. I don't need a bobblehead doll or a sox travel coffee mug but i need to see the sox more than once a year at the stadium

Blueprint1
04-17-2003, 01:11 PM
I don't think that the Sox themselves pay for the promotions/give aways. Most the the time they have a corporate sponsor that pays to have their name appear on the item and on the television etc. before the game.

voodoochile
04-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Banix12
I don't know how popular this idea would be but how about the occasional half-price day game. Make it a late afternoon game around a three or four o'clock start. You more than likely would get less of the rowdy crowd at that time and a more family atmosphere. Hell make it a half price family day. i like that buy one get one idea as well.

If it falls on Mon or Tues it is half price - like this up coming Monday...

Banix12
04-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot about the corporate sponsorship on souveniers. Still i think that if they slashed the prices for all games somehow you could make back most of the profit loss in volume and more people in the stands mean more concession sales. I'm oversimplifying of course but there has to be a way to have baseball cut their costs. Part of that cost cutting would definitely have to involve stop giving over the hill players and young guys who haven't done anything yet million dollar+ contracts especially when that money is guarunteed. Just imagine what an average person would do just to get the league minimum for just one year.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Marketing 101.

There are four basic elements (plus a few ancillary ones) that comprise your marketing mix:

1. the product (White Sox major league baseball)
2. the promotion (Radio/TV distribution, Hawk & DJ, "It takes a team", Pepsi & Miller sponsorship, bobbleheads & other trinkets and trash giveaways)
3. the place (USC Field, acres of parking, E-Z access to mass transit)
4. the price (season tickets all the way down to 1/2-priced Monday).

For innumerable reasons (covered in Marketing 210, 350, and 400), the least desirable of these is to screw around with your price.

I'm not aware of any live entertainment business that uses a one-size-fits-all pricing strategy. Hell, even movie theaters offer matinee discounts and that's nothing but a roll of celluloid they're showing you.

A really well-managed live entertainment business (like the Lyric Opera) will focus their marketing strategy on turning casual patrons into committed patrons, and committed patrons into season ticket patrons. That's how the Lyric Opera sells OVER 100 percent of their tickets every year. (The Lyric re-sells the tickets patrons can't use--and there is a ready-market of motivated buyers and sellers.)

The Sox are just the opposite. A knucklehead like Dybas can buy an upper deck seat the day of the game and sit practically anywhere he likes. Furthermore, the Sox will offer him an incredible 50 percent discount in price--REWARDING him for never making a commitment to attend even one more lousy game--and let him into the ballpark half-drunk, too.

To me it sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard every time I hear Dave Wills bragging about the great walk up gate at the Sox game. If the Sox were offering these discounts so fans would be committed to coming back, that would be great. But the Sox don't do that, and thus the Ligues, Dybas, and Skutniks of this world will be a blight for the forseeable future.

:gallas
"I am dangerous because I have no clue."

:wills
"Okay, okay... maaaaay-be we would be better off with more people filling the lower bowl on a consistent basis."

Dan H
04-18-2003, 12:08 PM
I think George has a point about half price nights. Promotions and bargains are good ways to attract fans, but you want to attract real fans. The most extreme example was Disco Demolition when so many people who had no interest in baseball or respect for the park came and nearly ruined the place. You have to create the right atmosphere for this type of thing.

The Sox PR and marketing departments are disaster areas. Fan interest is still low. It will be interesting to see attendance once the weather breaks and if the Sox continue to win.

TornLabrum
04-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Dan H
I think George has a point about half price nights. Promotions and bargains are good ways to attract fans, but you want to attract real fans. The most extreme example was Disco Demolition when so many people who had no interest in baseball or respect for the park came and nearly ruined the place. You have to create the right atmosphere for this type of thing.

The Sox PR and marketing departments are disaster areas. Fan interest is still low. It will be interesting to see attendance once the weather breaks and if the Sox continue to win.

Bill Veeck identified the problem decades ago, though, Dan. If you only try to attract the real fans, you'll go broke. Unfortunately, the level of class exhibited by the least casual of fans apparently has gone down since Veeck's day. At least when Veeck ran the club, the fights were confined to the stands.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Dan H

That is a great point you make about Disco Demolition. The Sox could have attracted at least 70,000 "fans" for that promotion, yet it was a complete disaster for Veeck and the Sox. This is what happens when you give away your product, or more accurately, price it at 98 cents plus a disco record. What you're actually doing is CHEAPENING your product. The "fans" who attend (rightfully) treat your product like they would any other frivolously small purchase.

This is such a basic marketing concept: Discounts should be offered to encourage (or even reward) increased consumption of your product. It applies to any product you have to sell. Gallas's stupid half-priced promotions do EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. He reserves his fattest discounts (50 percent!) for single-game walk ups like the morons Dybas, Skulniks, et al. If I was a season ticketholder I would be FURIOUS with Gallas for letting this happen.

It is absolutely FALSE that 1/2-priced nights (as they are currently administered) are building the fan base. To the contrary, there are several people here who have noted they DON'T attend 1/2-priced Mondays because they don't want the hassle of sharing the ballpark with the world's lowest common denominator. Offering such a price promotion makes NO economic sense.

Again, to use another business term, 1/2-priced Mondays and Tuesdays have exceeded the point of diminishing marginal returns. The costs associated with letting the riff raff in NOW EXCEED the value their attendance brings to the Sox. Anybody who doubts this only needs to read the headlines in the newspapers from the past two days. ALL of them note that this was not an isolated incident, the memory of last September's "Ligue Family Outing" still fresh in everyone's mind.

It's time for the Sox to get value for their half-price discounts. Gallas is throwing away the Chairman's money with the price promotions the Sox are doing now.

:reinsy
"Hey, now you have my attention!"

JUGGERNAUT
04-18-2003, 02:50 PM
they should be reserved seats in the sense that you can't get the discount as a walk up. Either purchase them on the phone or Ticketmaster and offer will-call.

I think this extra step would eliminate some of the riff-raff. As for the Pepsi promo you can still do it the same way, but you have to show up with a pepsi product to get your will-call tickets. If you forget the Pepsi product, no refunds but the purchase price can go toward's another games prices.