PDA

View Full Version : As a longtime Sox fan I am ashamed. The Sox must make changes.


clarkent
04-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Well idiots again take away from the team!! This is absolutely awful. After last night-- Reinsdorf and the Sox should do the following:

1 Allow no one in the lower bowl who doesn't have a ticket for the lower bowl.

2. Close the 1st 2 rows added in the past 3 years and place security personnel in them-- we don't deserve to be that close.

3. 1/2 price night in the lower bowl should be canceled. People who spend $26 a ticket are much less likely to run on the field. I guarantee you those idiots were not long time fans or season ticket holders. If you want to pay 1/2 price go to the bleachers or upperdeck. And if you want to get on the field from the upperdeck, go ahead and try it.

4. 4 beer max at the park-- Get ready for wrist bands at the park. The park is not a place to get drunk. If you want to get drunk go to the bar or the bleachers at Wrigley.

5. A triple check point in the lower bowl. Ushers at the entrance and the entrance of each aisle and halfway down the section. It is clear that we must be checked in order to weed the idiots out.

At the beginning of the year the Sun-Times said "real Fans Wear Black" , saying we Sox fans were better than most baseball fans. Yeah right. Do us real fans a favor-- don't come!!

SaltyPretzel
04-16-2003, 12:20 PM
I think jail time and heavy fines would be an easier solution.

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
I think jail time and heavy fines would be an easier solution.

Bingo. Make it known that running onto the field will cost you a cool $2500, and attacking anyone will cost you $10K and 30 days in the hoosegow, and you will suddenly stop seeing these incidents. Don't punish the rest of the fans for this idiocy...

THE_HOOTER
04-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by clarkent
Well idiots again take away from the team!! This is absolutely awful. After last night-- Reinsdorf and the Sox should do the following:

1 Allow no one in the lower bowl who doesn't have a ticket for the lower bowl.

2. Close the 1st 2 rows added in the past 3 years and place security personnel in them-- we don't deserve to be that close.

3. 1/2 price night in the lower bowl should be canceled. People who spend $26 a ticket are much less likely to run on the field. I guarantee you those idiots were not long time fans or season ticket holders. If you want to pay 1/2 price go to the bleachers or upperdeck. And if you want to get on the field from the upperdeck, go ahead and try it.

4. 4 beer max at the park-- Get ready for wrist bands at the park. The park is not a place to get drunk. If you want to get drunk go to the bar or the bleachers at Wrigley.

5. A triple check point in the lower bowl. Ushers at the entrance and the entrance of each aisle and halfway down the section. It is clear that we must be checked in order to weed the idiots out.

At the beginning of the year the Sun-Times said "real Fans Wear Black" , saying we Sox fans were better than most baseball fans. Yeah right. Do us real fans a favor-- don't come!!


4 BEER MAX--WHAT ARE YOU THE ANTI-CHRIST?????

nut_stock
04-16-2003, 12:28 PM
The Sox might have to put up a railing between the 3rd and 4th row of seating. Treat the first three rows as a different section, with some sort of limited access. They could turn it into a semi club level I suppose. This is what they have in St. Louis close to the field.

thecell
04-16-2003, 12:33 PM
2. Close the 1st 2 rows added in the past 3 years and place security personnel in them-- we don't deserve to be that close.

I would have to disagree with this suggestion. That's where my season tickets are! I like the idea of separating those seats though.

DC Sox Fan
04-16-2003, 01:29 PM
I watched my beloved Caps get hosed by the refs last night in OT. The fans caused a huge ruckus, pelting the ice and setting things on fire outside MCI Center. Then I get home and see this black eye for my Sox. I can't tell you how weird I feel about seeing 2 of my favorite teams have people go nuts at the games on the SAME NIGHT!!!!! :o:

Banix12
04-17-2003, 02:07 PM
I know i'll probably get killed for suggesting this but maybe those baskets at wrigley aren't the dumbest idea. Since we no longer have the moat in between the outfield and the bleacher seats it might help curb drunk idiots coming down from the bleachers as well as a few more gimmie homeruns. It's not a total solution and i hate the idea of taking an idea from the cubs but if drunk idiots fall into baskets instead of onto the field i think i would be happier.

A.T. Money
04-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Don't limit beer sales to people unless they are piss drunk. MOST people can drink, get hammered and have a good time without losing their minds.

I think the best solution is what some of the others have said. Beef the fine, and do time in the big house. :gulp:

steff
04-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Clark.. it's a shame you blame the Sox. As a long time Sox fan I'm not at all embarrassed. I'm angered that all you get for acting like an a$$hole is a slap on the wrist, a $100 fine, and a bit of community service.
And don't take away my beer. I was wasted Tuesday night. I had a fun time. I didn't run on the field. And I'll tell you what.. they remove those seats and my grama is going to come after YOU. She's had the same seats for 30+ years. And you don't want to piss her off.
Wristbands are not a logical solution either. Comiskey employees are not babysitters.
The key is the punishment. 30 days in jail would surely make these idiots think twice about even looking at the field the wrong way.

alohafri
04-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
And don't take away my beer. I was wasted Tuesday night. I had a fun time.

I meant to ask, how did you feel Wednesday morning?

steff
04-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
I meant to ask, how did you feel Wednesday morning?


Surprisingly fabulous.. :D:

GASHWOUND
04-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Bingo. Make it known that running onto the field will cost you a cool $2500, and attacking anyone will cost you $10K and 30 days in the hoosegow, and you will suddenly stop seeing these incidents. Don't punish the rest of the fans for this idiocy...

YES!! EXACTLY..10gs and 30 days in the fudge farm..BINGO, you won't be seeing anyone even put their hands over the railing attempting to catch a foul ball in fear you may fall over and into the field..
How simple is this :gulp:

FanOf14
04-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Don't limit beer sales to people unless they are piss drunk. MOST people can drink, get hammered and have a good time without losing their minds.

I think the best solution is what some of the others have said. Beef the fine, and do time in the big house. :gulp:

I really don't care who drinks what as long as those people have a designated driver. The idea of having some of the people I've had the pleasure of sitting by who've had a case or two of beer driving after the game is frightening to me to say the least.

Beer doesn't cause someone to go out there, they already have their minds made up to do so, all beer does is add the "courage" to actually run out on to the field.

TheBigHurt
04-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14


Beer doesn't cause someone to go out there, they already have their minds made up to do so, all beer does is add the "courage" to actually run out on to the field.

YUP wether sober or drUnk you are still responsible for your actions, your friends and co. should stop you either way


BE GOOD