PDA

View Full Version : One of the arrested fans on the Score...

Viva Magglio
04-16-2003, 12:09 PM
...he is not the one who attacked Diaz. He says he did it for the "spur of the moment." He is identified as a 20-year-old truck driver, not to mention a moron.

CHISOXFAN13
04-16-2003, 12:11 PM
One of the drunks that ran onto the field is on the Score. He's a truck driver from the Midway area who just wanted to be close to the players. SoxFest is a lot of fun drillrod.

This guy wanted to hear the roar of the fans. A real fan-favorite.

His mother must be proud since his brother was one of the others who ran onto the field.

"We ain't no white trash," he said. Please.

Shoeless Joe
04-16-2003, 12:17 PM
While listening to this interview I lost all hope for mankind. I know there are still some good people out there but this is just depressing.

gosox41
04-16-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
One of the drunks that ran onto the field is on the Score. He's a truck driver from the Midway area who just wanted to be close to the players. SoxFest is a lot of fun drillrod.

This guy wanted to hear the roar of the fans. A real fan-favorite.

His mother must be proud since his brother was one of the others who ran onto the field.

"We ain't no white trash," he said. Please.

These people cleartly have substandadrd IQ's. I've had my share of alcohol at Sox games and never had any urge whatsoever to run onto the field and get pummeled by security officers only to spend the night in a south side jail cell. That's not even talking about the legal problems and costs plus any embarassment to me or my family. I don't get why some people can't control themselves. It's ameteur night. People nee to stop being so stupd and look how their actions effect themselves and others.

Bob

jortafan
04-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Anybody else see the Skutnick brothers on WLS' (Channel 7) mid-day newscast?

The Skutnicks are the two guys who charged onto the field shirtless about a half inning prior to the mope who tried to attack the umpire.

They told TV that storming onto the field is just the way of having fun at the stadium and showing support for the team.

They reminded me of the Simpsons' episode where Homer said it was his "right, no my Constitutional duty" as a sports fan to "make a complete ass of myself."

Hangar18
04-16-2003, 12:43 PM
ANy Truth to the rumor these guys had gone to the Cub Game earlier in the day ???? there were plenty of drunk cub fans at the game (because they played earlier in the day)
Im thinking this is STRONGLY RELATED

KruseControl04
04-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
ANy Truth to the rumor these guys had gone to the Cub Game earlier in the day ???? there were plenty of drunk cub fans at the game (because they played earlier in the day)

I heard that same rumor but I'm not sure if its true

vegyrex
04-16-2003, 01:01 PM
On the Spike Odell show this morning. He talked with the fiance of the guy who attacked the umpire. According to her that guy isn't even a Sox fan. He's a Cub's fan.

Very interesting indeed.

moochpuppy
04-16-2003, 01:13 PM
We are becoming a society of "Jerry Springer guest stars." :angry:

Soxboyrob
04-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

The three guys were apparently not at the Cubs game and note that they're Sox fans.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm not making excuses for ANY of these morons, nor for Sox Security, either. Those who attend games who cannot keep from getting stoned and acting up, should be taken to the nether regions of Sox Park and beaten about the head with the Chicago phone directory.

As for Sox Security, we need more of them--especially on half-price nights. I'll give you one guess what most of these dolts spent their "savings" on.

bouldersox
04-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Last night I got home late, and living in Boulder, Colorado, I went to my computer to see if I could watch/stream the KC/Sox game (I signed up for MLB Live earlier this month). They weren't broadcasting, so being the true fan I am, I just sat there on the Sox homepage hitting the refresh button every few seconds.

KC up by one, Tie, Sox up by one, Tie, KC up by one... what a game! Then the four runs came across in the top of the ninth and I shut it down. Still oblivious to the 'incident'.

I walked over to the TV and put on SportsCenter -- what's their lead story? Sox Fans are out of control again!

Oh my god! How embarrassing. Why is this happening in our park? Why is it happening when KC comes to town! This must be stopped! The SportsCenter anchors said that $10-$15k fines and jail time for anyone who goes on the field would put an end to it, but I disagree. This incident and the one late last year are hostile acts! Did they have too much to drink? Is drinking a problem at Comiskey/US Cell? It was a big issue, but not necessarily a big problem back in the late '70s/ early '80s when I was going to the park all of the time.

What can we as fans do?

jortafan
04-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
The three guys were apparently not at the Cubs game and note that they're Sox fans.

Are you sure?

The Fox affiliate in Chicago interviewed them on their noon news show, and they just claimed to like sporting events. Plus, one of them walked out of his house to do the interview, wearing a Cubs jersey.

The bottom line? They're mopes.

Chisox353014
04-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Nobody's mentioned so far that part of the problem is a good portion of the crowd was cheering these idiots every time one of them jumped out on the field. Here it is bases loaded, 2 out, Sox nursing a 1-run lead late in the game, and people are whooping it up when some retard hops the fence. *** is that? We claim to be such great fans (and yes there were many folks booing loudly), so why are we cheering these people on? If they know they're going to get a rise out of the crowd, it makes them that much more likely to do something stupid. Last night was a total disgrace for the franchise. The sub-Little League level baseball was just the icing on the cake. I never thought I'd ever leave a game embarrassed to be a Sox fan but I guess there's a first for everything. :angry:

steff
04-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Not according to my sources (undercover cop).

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 01:50 PM
According to this Cubune photo

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030415soxgallery,1,2741362.photogallery?coll=cs%2D home%2Dheadlines&index=3

It was a "Sox fan" who attacked the ump...hmm, interesting spin on that, considering no one knew or knows exactly which team this guy actually roots for.

calebhatesyou
04-16-2003, 01:58 PM
i really want to believe steff on this

Kilroy
04-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
It was a "Sox fan" who attacked the ump...hmm, interesting spin on that, considering no one knew or knows exactly which team this guy actually roots for.

That guy is the one who was with his fiancee and a few friends and didn't wanna sit upstairs because he was "afraid of heights". It was his fiancee that was interviewed and said that they go to few Sox games because they are actually Cubs fans.

Kilroy
04-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Nobody's mentioned so far that part of the problem is a good portion of the crowd was cheering these idiots every time one of them jumped out on the field. Here it is bases loaded, 2 out, Sox nursing a 1-run lead late in the game, and people are whooping it up when some retard hops the fence. *** is that?

From what I understand people were cheering the pursuit. I wasn't there, but my buddy who shares my seats was. He said they weren't booing, but they were yelling for someone to clock the ****ers. So maybe it just sounded like cheering for the ********s when it really wasn't...

valposoxfan
04-16-2003, 03:06 PM
There was cheering for the first guy. For the second and third, the crowd was cheering for the security to deck them. We were in the same section as those retards. Before the third guy ran onto the field he yelled "Well I guess it's my turn" and jumped the fence. They looked to be very drunk before the game started.....

alohafri
04-16-2003, 04:37 PM
(from Mrs. Aloha)

I was at the game last night--when the 1st guy ran out there, it was kinda funny because he was challenging the security, but most of the noise was cheering the security as they chased him down, and once the guy was caught, there was more cheering. By the time the 3rd guy ran out there, people were booing at the moron and cheering security at the same time. Then when that scrub fan attacked the ump, we were booing him loudly AND were cheering when we saw that he was getting beat up by the Royals and security.
People shouldn't assume that what they heard over the airwaves was in any way meant to be cheering for these idiots. You had to be there to understand what was going on.
-- And I still want to know why the media has not mentioned that the attacker was a CUB fan. He had a cub hat on . We were there--we SAW it. But after he was knocked to the ground, the hat somehow disappeared.

davidwells
04-16-2003, 04:48 PM
I think the reason that no one is mentioning the fact that the guy had a cubs hat on is because it makes no difference whether he did or not. In what way was the attack Cubs-motivated? He attacked an umpire.

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by davidwells
I think the reason that no one is mentioning the fact that the guy had a cubs hat on is because it makes no difference whether he did or not. In what way was the attack Cubs-motivated? He attacked an umpire.

Welcome Aboard! :)

Honestly, I wonder if this was a planned thing by this loser in an attempt to make Soxpark and the fans look bad in the eyes of the media. There are too many coincidences for me to just blindly accept this guys word that it was spur of the moment and the fact that he roots for the crosstown rival makes me question his motives.

Drunk? Sure.
Stupid? He roots for the flubbies, 'nuff said.
Unplanned and with no alterior motives? I don't buy it...

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Welcome Aboard! :)

Honestly, I wonder if this was a planned thing by this loser in an attempt to make Soxpark and the fans look bad in the eyes of the media. There are too many coincidences for me to just blindly accept this guys word that it was spur of the moment and the fact that he roots for the crosstown rival makes me question his motives.

Drunk? Sure.
Stupid? He roots for the flubbies, 'nuff said.
Unplanned and with no alterior motives? I don't buy it...

He must be really stupid if he is a Cubs fan and wanted to make the Sox look bad, because he wore a Cubs hat onto the field.

If he were really clever, he'd've bought or borrowed some of the ol' black & silver. But I'm guessing he's a few bricks shy of a pallet to begin with, and probably had a 12-pack of MGDs in his belly by that point...

Chisox353014
04-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by davidwells

Exactly. The only way that it will matter if this guy was a Cubs fan (and calling him a "Cubs fan" is an insult to real Cubs fans like Vic) is if the media runs with the story and says "idiot Cub fan travels to south side, attacks umpire at Comiskey". And we all know that ain't happening. The damage to the reputation of the Sox, Sox fans, and Comiskey Park and the surrounding neighborhood is already done, both locally and nationally. Short of having a clear picture plastered all over the papers of this moron wearing his Cubs gear, the story is already written.

kevingrt
04-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
According to this Cubune photo

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030415soxgallery,1,2741362.photogallery?coll=cs%2D home%2Dheadlines&index=3

Can anyone understand the Cubune???