PDA

View Full Version : Royals Threaten Not to Play in Chicago

Rocky Soprano
04-16-2003, 10:47 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030416/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_royals_white_sox_10

TheBigHurt
04-16-2003, 10:55 AM
I'D be very surprised to say the least if there was no game tonight

pearso66
04-16-2003, 11:09 AM
If the Royals refuse to play in Chicago, wouldn't that mean they forfiet the game? just a thought

Randar68
04-16-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030416/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_royals_white_sox_10

This may be the only thing the MLB and the MLBPA agree upon. There is no way to avoid this unless you play in an empty stadium. Sweeney's comments are assinine. It happens at every field, and now you have some dope trying to be a copycat because of a drugged-up father-son combo last season.

The Sox need to put a disclaimer on tickets and make announcements and flash things on the scoreboard about this every game. I still can't believe they don't after last season's happenings.

There was a lot of security at the game last night. I was there, just 5 or 6 sections up the line from the guy who jumped the ump.

They need to really beat the living crap out of one of these guys before people stop doing this.

koch44
04-16-2003, 11:27 AM
I hope they play tonight, because I don't want my birthday present to be a waste. :whiner:

Rocky Soprano
04-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Randar68,

Is it true that this moron was wearing a Cubs hat?

Viva Magglio
04-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
If the Royals refuse to play in Chicago, wouldn't that mean they forfiet the game? just a thought

That might be the only way we can beat them.

Rocky Soprano
04-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Its a shame but that is pretty much true.

Yesterday we should of won. Im not going to point fingers at who is at fault. There were a couple of plays that we screwed up and some that didnt go our way.

In a way, with the idiots at the game yesterday, we didnt derserve to win. People like that just tarnish our entire team, organization, and fans.

I really hope that The Sox can get out of all this funk.

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
This may be the only thing the MLB and the MLBPA agree upon. There is no way to avoid this unless you play in an empty stadium. Sweeney's comments are assinine. It happens at every field, and now you have some dope trying to be a copycat because of a drugged-up father-son combo last season.

The Sox need to put a disclaimer on tickets and make announcements and flash things on the scoreboard about this every game. I still can't believe they don't after last season's happenings.

There was a lot of security at the game last night. I was there, just 5 or 6 sections up the line from the guy who jumped the ump.

They need to really beat the living crap out of one of these guys before people stop doing this.

Actually, I was surprised for how unprepared the Sox seemed last night for the crowd. They had closed ticket windows and closed entrances and security didn't seem to be that strong. Does Jerry actually pay attention to what is going on when they draw up the logistical plans? I mean anyone on this board could have told him there would be a good walk up crowd between the 1/2-price night, the daytime flubbies game and the fact that the Royals are in first.

Randar, a group of us WSI regulars were sitting in section 107. You should have come down and said hello...

StepsInSC
04-16-2003, 11:40 AM
WHAT A BUNCH OF FREAKING GIRLS. I know it was a sad display last night, but seriously. Are their jockstraps too tight that they're cutting off their balls, GROW SOME ALREADY.

Shoeless Joe
04-16-2003, 11:53 AM
I think the Royals might get their wish it's going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Maybe that'll cool everyone down a bit.

A.T. Money
04-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Hell, if they don't wanna play, we'll take the win. We can't seem to beat them anyway.

czalgosz
04-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Hell, if they don't wanna play, we'll take the win. We can't seem to beat them anyway.

Well, according to the rules, if the home team can't maintain security, the visiting team can refuse to play. It's really up to the umpire, though, to call whether they could have played. If, in the umpire's opinion, the refusal to play is legimate, the HOME team has to forfeit. If not, the umpire can order the visiting team to play, and then if the visiting team still refuses, the visiting team forfeits.

jortafan
04-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon

Don't get too cocky.

If the Royals manage to persuade someone that security is too flawed to play, baseball officials could just as easily forfeit the game to the Royals. We don't need two more losses.

thecell
04-16-2003, 01:35 PM
I think Gamboa said it the best in this article...

"Oh yeah, the assistant to major league security was at the game tonight. He told me before the game that they had beefed up the security, but the fans will always outnumber the security force, so there is only so much they can do," Gamboa said.

And what's this supposed to mean?

As the host for this July's All-Star game, the stadium has already undergone a major sprucing up. Now it has a black eye, its safety record questioned by yet another ugly attack at a Royals-White Sox game.

Safety record? I didn't know that two incedences put the park's safety record in question. Maybe we should call up the National Guard to improve the "safety record."

Hullett_Fan
04-16-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by thecell
I think Gamboa said it the best in this article...

And what's this supposed to mean?
As the host for this July's All-Star game, the stadium has already undergone a major sprucing up. Now it has a black eye, its safety record questioned by yet another ugly attack at a Royals-White Sox game.

Safety record? I didn't know that two incedences put the park's safety record in question. Maybe we should call up the National Guard to improve the "safety record."

Don't think safety will be an issue since all in attendance at the AS Game will be season tix holders or people with corporate connections.

TheBigHurt
04-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Don't think safety will be an issue since all in attendance at the AS Game will be season tix holders or people with corporate connections.

SOME of the Season Ticker holders are pretty crazy

WAIT im thinking of Shea

BE GOOD

Mammoo
04-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

This team has no heart (testes) while the Royals have a huge one. I agree...looks like another sweep for KC!!!

Time to see the wizard, Brian Cox!!!

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Great! That way Garland won't get his brains beat in.

Lip

valposoxfan
04-16-2003, 04:14 PM
I've had enough guys. I can't take this any more. I'm just angry but exhausted. Everybody hates this team and organization now. Do you think the team can take any sort of inspiration from this? I hope so but I doubt it. Everyday is just more positive things about the Cubs and more negative things about the Sox, with the pinnacle being last night. I can't take this anymore. I dont know what to do. I don't see this season shaping up well. I don't wanna be a downer but I'm just tired of everything thats happened. :angry: :angry:

Randar68
04-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Randar68,

Is it true that this moron was wearing a Cubs hat?

When I first saw him running onto the field, I swore he was wearing a Cubs Tanktop. I haven't seen a picture that actually shows what the logo on his shirt was, but it was red and circular...

I couldn't see what kind of hat he was wearing. Apparently his fiancee was on the radio today and said they were Cubs fans doing the 2-game intra-city game thing and had been drinking since the start of the Cubs game in the early afternoon...