PDA

View Full Version : I know "VivaMagglio" won't like this, but I just learned...

hsnterprize
04-16-2003, 09:46 AM
The umpire attacker last night was a drunk Cub fan. His fiance was on the Score this morning, and said that he attanded the Cub game earlier in the day and got drunk. He then went to the Sox game, and continued drinking. Needless to say, we all know what happened next.

jortafan
04-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Let's be fair.

"Drunk Cub fan" is not accurate. This is just a drunken fool. Baseball was just his excuse for getting liquored up on Tuesday. He probably has no problem finding other excuses to imbibe on other days of the week.

This isn't a baseball fan. As little as I think of Cub mopes, even I'll give them this bit of credit.

I'll have to admit, though, that I'm not the least bit shocked to find out that it was someone who attended both ballgames, which means he must have had about a good eight or nine hours worth of liquor built up in him. Anybody have any idea what his blood-alcohol level was?

Hangar18
04-16-2003, 01:09 PM
I have a theory as to why there was so much weirdness last nite. there were a lot of cub fans last nite at the game, and one of my coworkers was sitting in LF and said there were numerous skirmishes and fights between Cub fans and Sox Fans. Im not going to say Cub Fans are always running on the field and attacking umpires, but I think being at the first game, getting totally drunk (like they all do) and then coming to the south side, im sure they felt like having fun. As for the cub fan attacking the umpire, dont know what his reasoning for that was, but I'll bet he thought about all the media coverage they gave Gamboa....
he was pretty drunk all day.......put 2 and 2 together.