PDA

View Full Version : Mientkiewicz

Konerko05
04-16-2003, 02:18 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet but I got this quote from a report off Yahoo. What a moron......

Minnesota first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz said White Sox fans should be penalized.

"I think they should take the All-Star game away from them, honestly. You can't be having first-base coaches and umpires getting attacked. That's ridiculous,'' he said after the Twins beat Detroit 6-4.

CHISOXFAN13
04-16-2003, 02:24 AM
I didn't really believe it until I read it. This guy is such a tool.

I'm too tired to even rant about this drillrod.

bc2k
04-16-2003, 02:28 AM
If you don't feel safe Dougie, don't attend the All-Star game. Oh, that's right, you weren't going anyway, scrub.

This whole incident reminds me of a Cubune article I skimmed last week. We thought their Sports section was trash but it has spread to the Tempo section. In the article about foreign travel, they mentioned how a travel company wrote in their brochure that when visiting Chicago, stay far away from the dangerous South Side part of town.

CHISOXFAN13
04-16-2003, 02:31 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't think spiking a guy that has been restrained is a very classy move. I don't care what the guy did, he had no right to step on his leg when security had everything under control.

jeremyb1
04-16-2003, 02:36 AM
man i hate how much trash white sox players talk.

hose
04-16-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Konerko05
I don't know if this has been posted yet but I got this quote from a report off Yahoo. What a moron......

Minnesota first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz said White Sox fans should be penalized.

"I think they should take the All-Star game away from them, honestly. You can't be having first-base coaches and umpires getting attacked. That's ridiculous,'' he said after the Twins beat Detroit 6-4.

Using Manketiuvicks logic may be the NCAA should ban the Minnesota hockey team from future champoinship games based on the the fans rioting in the Twin Cities after the Gophers won the title.

hose
04-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I'm sorry, but I don't think spiking a guy that has been restrained is a very classy move. I don't care what the guy did, he had no right to step on his leg when security had everything under control.

I agree, the Royals should have brought a few bats with them to meet this attacker.

GASHWOUND
04-16-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Konerko05

Oh brother, you gotta be F'n kidding me?!?!
:angry:
Hey Doug, Shove it up you ***

Sorry, a bit upset this morning :angry:

Kilroy
04-16-2003, 08:14 AM
I know people don't like what Masdkl;fjekjtxx said, but if you don't think that baseball/Sox people are already thinking about what the hell is gonna happen at the AllStar Game, you're fooling yourself. It's bad enuf that its getting national coverage from last night. You can bet that some phones are ringing, and that the AllStar game will have so much security that it will be an embarrassment. "Look how many cops they need to keep the dumb ass fans off the field in Chicago..."

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 10:59 AM
It's precisely because of ridiculous comments like this from Mientkiewicz that I'm quite certain he lies awake in bed at night masturbating about the Chicago White Sox. It's so over the top I'm speechless for a reply.

We are DEFINITELY inside this guy's head. What a jack-off.

Procol Harum
04-16-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
We are DEFINITELY inside this guy's head.

I'd hate to think what the Twinks would have done to us the last two seasons if we didn't have them so psyched out... :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
I'd hate to think what the Twinks would have done to us the last two seasons if we didn't have them so psyched out... :cool:

This is like high school baseball. It doesn't even rise to the level of bulletin board material. I'm guessing Mientkiewicz would have had further comment, but Gardenhire called the entire clubhouse back out to the diamond to drain the infield with paper cups or something.

However, as you point out, these dime-store motivational techniques sure haven't hurt the Twinkies. I'm glad MLB doesn't schedule the World Series the day after Prom.

:)

Procol Harum
04-16-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm glad MLB doesn't schedule the World Series the day after Prom.

:)

Yikes--think what sort of yahoos we might have coming out to the South Side if that were the case... :o:

Of course, we wouldn't have much to worry about would we? World Series time is a remarkably uncluttered part of the calendar year in these parts. :gulp:

StepsInSC
04-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Classy? No. But he deserved to be beaten within an inch of his life.

dllrbll7
04-16-2003, 02:18 PM
I read his quote this morning and it upset me too much too even write anything about it and now 5hrs later i still cant think of anything that i could write here without it getting censored. I just cant wait till he comes in here and i can boo when he takes the field.

Foulke You
04-16-2003, 02:37 PM
:angry: I HATE THE F'N TWINS!!! HATE'EM HATE'EM!!!! Die Doug Die!!!! :angry: :angry: Why don't we just ban the Twins from ever having an All Star Game again since they play on turf in a football dome with a hefty bag in the outfield? There...I feel a little better. Oh am I going to boo the hell out of that guy when I go to the game on April 26th! I haven't been this angry as a Sox fan since the White Flag Trade.

AngelLeroy
04-16-2003, 02:37 PM
It's precisely because of ridiculous comments like this from Mientkiewicz that I'm quite certain he lies awake in bed at night masturbating about the Chicago White Sox. It's so over the top I'm speechless for a reply.

We are DEFINITELY inside this guy's head. What a jack-off.

Hahahahaha. Post of the day.

The sad part is, I wouldn't doubt it. Hell I wouldn't doubt that half the Twins team does it.

SuperGrover
04-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Classy? No. But he deserved to be beaten within an inch of his life.

Wow. Vigilante justice--gotta love it. Let's not worry about civilized law, spike the bastard when he's completely restrained.

voodoochile
04-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by SuperGrover
Wow. Vigilante justice--gotta love it. Let's not worry about civilized law, spike the bastard when he's completely restrained.

Definitely. I have no problem with that. I wish it happened more often so fans everywhere would think twice before running onto the field.

Stupid Nike commercial...

LuvSox
04-16-2003, 06:14 PM
If that guy was man enough to rush the ump from behind without warning, then he should expect a beating, restrained or not. Fu** him and let the rest of them learn a lesson. As for Manishevitz, who wants his opinion anyway? It's like watching Geraldo Rivera---who cares what he has to say.

MRKARNO
04-16-2003, 06:17 PM
I hope he dies in a tragic car accident.

Jjav829
04-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Stupid Nike commercial...

That's a GREAT point. When commercial's start glorifying streakers/people who run out onto the field, we shouldn't be surprised that this happens more often. I really hadn't thought about that until you brought it up. Damn good point though.

sox_fan_forever
04-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the Twins spend an awful lot of time thinking about the Sox, a team that they have dominated in the past few years. I mean, for a team that's supposed to be so confident.... I agree with PHG, talk about high school baseball. Sheesh. lol

WinningUgly!
04-16-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure who does more trash talking against the Sox...LaTroy Hawkins or Doug Manshavendik. They both have some issues.

fuzzy_patters
04-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Is it just me or does it seem like the Twins spend an awful lot of time thinking about the Sox, a team that they have dominated in the past few years. I mean, for a team that's supposed to be so confident.... I agree with PHG, talk about high school baseball. Sheesh. lol

Perhaps that is why they have dominated us. There might be something to this.

StepsInSC
04-17-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I hope he dies in a tragic car accident.

SoxxoS
04-17-2003, 02:18 AM
Let's take it easy on the death threats...

However, a Colon 98 mph fastball (or better yet, and more likely) a Koch 98 mph fastball right between the numbers I wouldn't be opposed to.

Chisox_cali
04-17-2003, 02:31 AM
Man this first Twins series at the cell coming up next week should be INSANE, and hopefully packed. And no idiot fans this time