PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerer uses all 6 relievers

MRKARNO
04-16-2003, 12:29 AM
This is a problem. He needs to leave people in for more than one out and one batter!!!!!

Not one lasted a full inning

gosox41
04-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
This is a problem. He needs to leave people in for more than one out and one batter!!!!!

Not one lasted a full inning

There are times I hate playing the lefty/right match up. those times are when you have a pitcher who is quite capable of getting anyone out. When Tom Gordon is on he is one of those guys. If Manuel has enough faith to bring him in during a close game even though he is struggling he needs to have faith to let hin work out of trouble. He took White out too early to. If a pitcher has a history of getting hitters out on both sides of the plate then there is no reason to micromanage. I can understand not letting Wunsch face righties because of his history, but guys like Gordon and White should be able to handle just about anyone.

Bob

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Freakin' Marte can get anyone, why doesn't he get more work. Wunsch should be given a chance, Jerry simply gives him one batter and that's it. I feel bad for the guy, he wants to pitch like everyone else. He's pissed when he walks his one batter and has to come out. I would be too. All of our relievers can get guys out. Why pick a random batter and make all the changes? dammit jer....

Iguana775
04-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Let's just have 1 pitcher pitch 1 inning a game.

Risk
04-16-2003, 09:44 AM
I wonder why JM doesn't let Marte get at least 1 to 2 innings in each outing because he has great stuff.

Also, is it just me or should there be a countdown for when Gordon gets canned?

But if we did can Gordon, I know we would lose one of our veteran relievers, so who would we replace him with?

jlh221fan
04-16-2003, 10:16 AM
All of the moves made sense. His tinkering had nothing to do with the loss. A defensive blunder caused the tying run to score in the 8th and the closer blew the game in the 9th. And much as I love the way Rios is hitting, getting thrown out at 3rd when his run meant zero is one of the most idiotic baserunning blunders I've ever seen.