PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Tarnished Once Again

ShoelessFred
04-15-2003, 11:14 PM
do you guys realize that this incident tonight was the 4th such incident in chicago in the past 8 years?

1)On Sept. 28, 1995, Cubs reliever Randy Myers was charged by a 27-year-old bond trader who ran out of the stands at Wrigley Field. Myers saw the man coming, dropped his glove and knocked him down with his forearm.

2)The cub fans/dodgers bullpen hat stealing brawl

3)father and son attack gamboa

4)jerkoff attacks umpire

what is going on in the city? it's not relegated to one side of town or the other. something needs to be done about this. listening to sox postgame tonight, dave wills said that there WAS extra security. MLB had their chief of security there to oversee everything to make sure an incident didn't happen again. maybe we do need the glass put up around the park like at hockey games...

Bucktown
04-15-2003, 11:17 PM
I was at that first game. It was my daughter's first major league baseball game. That was hard to explain to her.

As I already posted, we may have the two most family unfriendly baseball environment.

MRKARNO
04-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Blame it on half-price night

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Honestly, I think it's just the luck of the draw.

Yeah, tonight's jamoch probably got his inspiration from Ligue last year, but other than that, we're just unlucky, IMO. You get a lot of lubed-up fans in one place during a heated, semi-important game, and nutty things happen. The Sox just happen to have those things happen on the FIELD, vs. the stands, where they normally would not make headlines on all the major news channels.....sigh, what can you do?

MHOUSE
04-15-2003, 11:24 PM
The media won't soon forget our incidents of fan behavior. They'll be more than happy to forgive their Cubbies and just burry us. It's really terrible that this has happened to us again. In my few recent years on staff as a Sox fan we've had 3 incidents of fan problems (Gamboa and now 2 tonight) and fallen way below expectation since winning in 2000. Talk about suck!

WhiteSoxWinner
04-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Sung to the tune of Milli Vanilli's "Blame it on the rain"

Blame it on the beer, that was flowin', flowin',
Blame on it on jerks, that showed up that night
Whatever you do, don't put the blame on KW
Blame it on the beer, yeah yeah

Sorry all, but I thought we needed a little levity, however bad it might be.