PDA

View Full Version : Tonight and tomorrow afternoon would probably be a good time...

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 12:11 AM
...to avoid other message boards, the Chicago daily newspapers, etc.

Dwelling on this loss won't do anyone any good, IMO. Plus letting the trolls get to you won't help, either.

I just saw ESPN's highlights of the game. I didn't watch the Sox half of the 9th, but when I saw Rios called "out" (and yes, those are quote marks), I just had to roll my eyes. We seem to be cursed, at least today.

Tomorrow night's a new day, and a new game. I will blank out my mind on baseball 'til then...

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Seems like every highlight was of fans invading the field or assaulting umpires. That's our image folks. Poor defense, blown game, and unruly/unsafe ballpark. What a night.....

Tavarin
04-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Is it just me or is Kansas City getting EVERY call so far this year? At least against us it seems like that

WhiteSoxWinner
04-16-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
[B but when I saw Rios called "out" (and yes, those are quote marks), I just had to roll my eyes. We seem to be cursed, at least today.[/B]

No curse there. Just the umps looking to get out of dodge after their attacked. I think that moron who ran on the field had a lot to do with that call.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 01:30 AM
Cheeses:

No offense but avoiding the problems with this organization, the team and a small segment of the fans isn't going to help change them is it?

Instead of avoiding the issues do something constructive and fire a letter off to the owner or the general manager letting them know how disgusted you are with the whole situation with this club both on and off the field.

As to the comment about the Royals are getting all the breaks, I can only offer this quote from Branch Rickey...."luck is the residual of design."

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Cheeses:

No offense but avoiding the problems with this organization, the team and a small segment of the fans isn't going to help change them is it?

Instead of avoiding the issues do something constructive and fire a letter off to the owner or the general manager letting them know how disgusted you are with the whole situation with this club both on and off the field.

As to the comment about the Royals are getting all the breaks, I can only offer this quote from Branch Rickey...."luck is the residual of design."

Lip

If Billy Koch did his job, the Sox would be 8-5 instead of 7-6. Actually, if he did his job twice, they'd be 9-4. I can't blame JR, JM, or KW for him not performing up to his ability.

I'm disgusted, yet hopeful. As I posted elsewhere, if the Sox can shake off last night's ugly loss and reel off 2 W's in a row here, they will have proved something.