PDA

View Full Version : Sad, Pathetic, Inexcusable

hold2dibber
04-16-2003, 12:10 AM
I went out to the ballpark tonight with high hopes. It was 80 degrees, Buehrle was on the mound, there was a decent crowd on hand. But it turned out to be the worst experience I've ever had at a regular season Sox game.

Three drunken morons rush the field and the goons in the crowd cheer them and treat them like heroes. Another drunken moron attacks an umpire. I was truly embarassed to be a Sox fan.

Then Koch blows the save and Rios makes it worse by making one of the stupidest base running blunders I've ever seen to end the game (I don't care if the ump missed the call -- it absolutely did NOT matter if he made it to third safely; there was no upside to trying for 3rd with 2 outs and down 3 runs in the last inning and lots of downside).

New year, same crap. I'm am absolutely apalled and as disgusted as I have ever been. And not just with the team/organization, but with the idiots who filled the ball park tonight. Shameful.

bc2k
04-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I went out to the ballpark tonight with high hopes. It was 80 degrees, Buehrle was on the mound, there was a decent crowd on hand. But it turned out to be the worst experience I've ever had at a regular season Sox game.

Three drunken morons rush the field and the goons in the crowd cheer them and treat them like heroes. Another drunken moron attacks an umpire. I was truly embarassed to be a Sox fan.

Then Koch blows the save and Rios makes it worse by making one of the stupidest base running blunders I've ever seen to end the game (I don't care if the ump missed the call -- it absolutely did NOT matter if he made it to third safely; there was no upside to trying for 3rd with 2 outs and down 3 runs in the last inning and lots of downside).

New year, same crap. I'm am absolutely apalled and as disgusted as I have ever been. And not just with the team/organization, but with the idiots who filled the ball park tonight. Shameful.

Dibber, what do you think about firing Manuel?

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 12:17 AM
What does Manuel have to do with the fans? Nothing. You can fault him for poor fielding and baserunning but you can't blame Jerry Manuel for unruly fan behavior. I can't believe they were being cheered. You'd think they'd get the big picture.

hold2dibber
04-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Dibber, what do you think about firing Manuel?

I think it is time for a change. I just don't think Manuel brings a sense of urgency or purpose to this team, and that's exactly what this team needs. I don't blame him for all of the problems, but the lousy fundamentals, lack of passion, and underachieving have been going on long enough. I think Wally Backman (or Davey Johnson) would get more out of this team than Manuel does.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 12:35 AM
White Sox baseball...the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Lip