PDA

View Full Version : Here is the problem...


Bucktown
04-15-2003, 10:47 PM
The Southside has too many rednecks and not enough baseball fans.

It is not just the fans that run onto the field, the stands are filled with goons that come to the games to get drunk and start a fight.

Here is the solution...Move out of the southside of Chicago.

duke of dorwood
04-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Fine opinion from someone in Wisconsin-

Viva Magglio
04-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
The Southside has too many rednecks and not enough baseball fans.

It is not just the fans that run onto the field, the stands are filled with goons that come to the games to get drunk and start a fight.

Here is the solution...Move out of the southside of Chicago.


That is stereotyping and complete nonsense. Since the park opened in 1991, I have attended well over 100 (if not over 200) games there. Incidents like the ones tonight are very far and few between. It is nowhere near the saloon-like atomsphere of the late '70s when beer flowed like crazy and marijuana permeated the the stands. Yet, the dumbass media will do exactly that.

And BTW this crap happens at Wrigley too, but you never hear about it that much. Are North Siders a bunch of rednecks too???

duke of dorwood
04-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Bucktown is obviously a demographic specialist

WinningUgly!
04-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
That is stereotyping and complete nonsense. Since the park opened in 1991, I have attended well over 100 (if not over 200) games there. Incidents like the ones tonight are very far and few between. It is nowhere near the saloon-like atomsphere of the late '70s when beer flowed like crazy and marijuana permeated the the stands. Yet, the dumbass media will do exactly that.

And BTW this crap happens at Wrigley too, but you never hear about it that much. Are North Siders a bunch of rednecks too???
Exactly! I make it to about 10 games a year & can honestly say that I have NEVER seen "the stands filled with goons that come to the games to get drunk and start a fight". There are a lot more baseball fans that actually follow the game on the South Side, than at Wrigley, that's for sure.

duke of dorwood
04-15-2003, 10:59 PM
You are correct, sir

FanOf14
04-15-2003, 11:00 PM
The first post in this thread is pathetic. Screw it, why waste my breath on someone as clueless as that poster... :angry: :angry: :angry:

bc2k
04-15-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Fine opinion from someone in Wisconsin-

hahaha. I've never said this before, but that should be the Post of the Week. Nicely done Duke.

Daver
04-15-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
The Southside has too many rednecks and not enough baseball fans.

It is not just the fans that run onto the field, the stands are filled with goons that come to the games to get drunk and start a fight.

Here is the solution...Move out of the southside of Chicago.

I am going to try very hard to ignore this,but it is not easy.


If you want to stereotype at least have a clue what you are talking about.

Bucktown
04-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Exactly! I make it to about 10 games a year & can honestly say that I have NEVER seen "the stands filled with goons that come to the games to get drunk and start a fight". There are a lot more baseball fans that actually follow the game on the South Side, than at Wrigley, that's for sure.
I would agree that Wrigley is worse. Congratualtions to Chicago for having the two least family friendly ballparks.

MRKARNO
04-15-2003, 11:10 PM
:threadsucks

no anti-southsideism on this board

ihatethecubs
04-15-2003, 11:11 PM
i usually dont get pissed about stuff people say on this board, no matter how stupid and ignoran it may be, but this is the stupidest crap i've ever read. im a sox fan because i live on the southside and they play on the southside. i personally dont know of any rednecks living near me. dont ever direspect the southside of chicago again. you live in wisconsin what the hell do you know about it?

MHOUSE
04-15-2003, 11:52 PM
Definately an ignorant post. Don't group all the fans who attend the game as anything. The % of people at the games who get into trouble is very small. 4 out of 20,000 fans makes everyone a bad person? I think the media focus helps with these stereotypes and the thought of Sox fans as savages. It's tough and it's unfair but don't go and point the finger at other people on this board and start name-calling. It's immature and just unwarranted.

Bucktown
04-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Never did I say that ALL southsiders are rednecks. I am not stereotyping. But we do not have enough good fans (like the people on this board) and there are too many rednecks and fools.

There were FOUR people that ran onto the field. And if you aren't seeing any fights in the stands (and swearing and bad behavior) then you are not looking around.

Last year I had a huge party at Comiskey on my birthday. Everyone wore hats with my name and age. We had extras that we passed out to others in the section. I was embarrassed when two goons were escorted out wearing my name on their heads.

I guess I am the only one that sees these people. Well, me and the millions of people watching tonight's news coverage.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 12:52 AM
With respect I've got a better idea.

Instead of devaluing your product (half price nights) in an effort to draw fans (regardless of whether those "fans" like baseball or not) why don't you spend the money needed to make your team a legtimate contender every year?

Give Sox fans a team that has a real chance (not one ingrained with "hope" to win) and you won't have to cut ticket prices and draw the riff raft.

Winning cures all, just ask the Yankees. (and no I'm not saying spend 180 million dollars... but a city the size of Chicago has no excuse for a team with a 53 million dollar payroll. That's a joke!)

Lip

steff
04-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
The Southside has too many rednecks and not enough baseball fans.

It is not just the fans that run onto the field, the stands are filled with goons that come to the games to get drunk and start a fight.

Here is the solution...Move out of the southside of Chicago.


Actually, here's the problem... don't let already drunk fans into the park. Yep. ALL 4 of the idiots last night were CUB fans. With the last one forgetting to take his Cub hat off before he ran onto the field.

Hangar18
04-16-2003, 08:18 AM
You know what, there a lot of cub fans at the game....
Im wondering if some of the clowns on the Field were cub fans?
Not trying to put a rumor out there....

Iguana775
04-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Bucktown is obviously a demographic specialist

he should work for the FBI as a profiler. :-D