PDA

View Full Version : raise the rails back

CHISOXFAN13
04-15-2003, 11:46 PM
It's too easy to get on the field. What exactly is the point of having two foot rails along the lines? Easier access for fans to get on field? Easier access for fans to interfere with the ball?

Do something. I'm tired of these black eyes. That was one of the most miserable games I've ever attended.

Tavarin
04-15-2003, 11:58 PM
That's a great idea, and I'm not being sarcastic. They don't need to be able to get to the ball anyway, just put higher rails up again and the drunkards won't be able to climb up them.

dllrbll7
04-16-2003, 12:03 AM
How bout in the 20 sections or so where you can just jump onto the field why dont you put the usher down on a little stool along the fence. Is it really that big of a deal if someone sits in the wrong section. Or maybe just have two ushers for those aisles one at top, on on the bottom by the field. If you have ever sat down there the low fence is very nice and i wouldnt want to make it taller.

CHISOXFAN13
04-16-2003, 12:06 AM
I know we hate them, but the Cubs have an usher in every section of the bleachers. Gammons is talking about the lower railings in Boston and Chicago.