PDA

View Full Version : Predictably, Sox being attacked by Score callers

Viva Magglio
04-15-2003, 10:45 PM
One Score caller to J. Hood's show just said that drunks knocked over his little boy to get onto the field. He claimed that Sox security was a miserable failure to stop this. Despite our anger over the loss tonight, the sky is truely falling on this issue.

ShoelessFred
04-15-2003, 10:47 PM
i can agree with the fact that security at the cell is pathetic

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Wow. Do you ever feel like you're rooting for the baseball equivalent of the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight?

You just have to laugh... :smile:

:)

WinningUgly!
04-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
One Score caller to J. Hood's show just said that drunks knocked over his little boy to get onto the field. He claimed that Sox security was a miserable failure to stop this. Despite our anger over the loss tonight, the sky is truely falling on this issue.

A Score caller said this? It certainly must be true. It couldn't have been a Cub fan, or one of the WSCR's "rigged" calls.

Viva Magglio
04-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
A Score caller said this? It certainly must be true. It couldn't have been a Cub fan, or one of the WSCR's "rigged" calls.

The Score is not Mancow.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-15-2003, 10:54 PM
yeah, i've been listening for a while, it seems like every person who was at the game was right by the guy who attacked the ump

Lip Man 1
04-15-2003, 10:55 PM
There's an old saying, fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

The Sox organization is certainly guilty of inadequate security.

Last year you could say it was a fluke, what's the "excuse" this time?

In my opinion they deserve to get ripped.

Lip

duke of dorwood
04-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Dont fret-the scales will balance themselves if Bucktowns rednecks from the southside start calling

WinningUgly!
04-15-2003, 11:06 PM
The Score is not Mancow.

I know better than to listen to either one.

Turd...Pappy...same difference.:)

Viva Magglio
04-16-2003, 12:08 PM
The media is acting like the problem of morons running onto the field is exclusive to the White Sox. That is utter nonsense. Haven't other ballparks had similar incidents in their respective histories? If a spectator wants to get onto the field, he or she will get on the field. Unless you impose martial law, I do think any ballpark can provide enough security to prevent this from happening.

A.T. Money
04-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Security can only get there so fast.

alohafri
04-16-2003, 12:32 PM
(from Mrs. Aloha)
I was at that game last night. The guy who attacked the ump appeared to be wearing a scrub hat. But noone is reporting that. I wonder why. I would think that would be of interest to the news media.
Also, none of the other morons who ran out onto the field was wearing any Sox garb. None of them appeared to be Sox fans. Very strange..

hmmmmm...

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
(from Mrs. Aloha)
I was at that game last night. The guy who attacked the ump appeared to be wearing a scrub hat. But noone is reporting that. I wonder why. I would think that would be of interest to the news media.
Also, none of the other morons who ran out onto the field was wearing any Sox garb. None of them appeared to be Sox fans. Very strange..

hmmmmm...

I've read on other message boards that:

1. The hat was a College of DuPage hat;

and

2. One of the earlier jerks had taken off his Kerry Wood jersey before running onto the field.

I have no proof of either of these things, just thought they should be mentioned.

steff
04-16-2003, 12:53 PM
The media is acting like the problem of morons running onto the field is exclusive to the White Sox. That is utter nonsense. Haven't other ballparks had similar incidents in their respective histories? If a spectator wants to get onto the field, he or she will get on the field. Unless you impose martial law, I do think any ballpark can provide enough security to prevent this from happening.

This season so far that I know about...

Twice in Detroit and once in Baltimore

steff
04-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
(from Mrs. Aloha)

hmmmmm...

Add to that that the fat shirtless one was in the tunnel as I left the bar last night. In his hands (which were behind his back, LOL) was his shirt turned the right way. And would you believe it was a Wood jersey! Stupid a$$holes. Unreal

steff
04-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I've read on other message boards that:

1. The hat was a College of DuPage hat;

and

2. One of the earlier jerks had taken off his Kerry Wood jersey before running onto the field.

I have no proof of either of these things, just thought they should be mentioned.

It was a Cubs hat. And the fat shirtless idiot was wearing a Wood jersey.

cheeses_h_rice
04-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
It was a Cubs hat. And the fat shirtless idiot was wearing a Wood jersey.

Nice. Thanks for clearing that up.