PDA

View Full Version : What is there to be proud about with this team? What!

SpringfldFan
04-15-2003, 11:40 PM
I swear after seeing this nightmare tonight I am really hard pressed to defend, or explain, what makes me a Sox fan. On the field the team cannot catch and throw the ball, cannot score when they need to, and cannot rise to the occasion to assert they are a better team than the opponent who we at least think is a pretender. Performance sure isn't what makes me a fan.

Then we get Frank acting like he has been morally wronged because the pitcher went inside on him and missed a bit. Sheesh, what a baby he comes off as when he does that. Frank, its part of the game. The homer at the end would have been plenty enough of a statement to make. It seems team character isn't what makes me a fan.

How about the great fans and atmosphere at the ol' ballpark? I don't even have to say what I am referring to, only to say that I now recall the Gamboa incident, disco demolition night, and a guy I saw with his eye gouged out during free pennant night in the '70's among others. This is what makes me a fan? I am ashamed to be a fan of the Sox right now and I am pleading for anyone out there to give me good reason to hold my head up.

Good grief, the team cannot play, doesn't act mature, embarrasses itself, and it fans at least appear to the world as thugs. How can I say I am a fan and be proud of it?

:angry:
LT

WhiteSoxWinner
04-15-2003, 11:41 PM
We have some of the coolest uniforms in MLB. :D:

WinningUgly!
04-15-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
I swear after seeing this nightmare tonight I am really hard pressed to defend, or explain, what makes me a Sox fan. On the field the team cannot catch and throw the ball, cannot score when they need to, and cannot rise to the occasion to assert they are a better team than the opponent who we at least think is a pretender. Performance sure isn't what makes me a fan.

Then we get Frank acting like he has been morally wronged because the pitcher went inside on him and missed a bit. Sheesh, what a baby he comes off as when he does that. Frank, its part of the game. The homer at the end would have been plenty enough of a statement to make. It seems team character isn't what makes me a fan.

How about the great fans and atmosphere at the ol' ballpark? I don't even have to say what I am referring to, only to say that I now recall the Gamboa incident, disco demolition night, and a guy I saw with his eye gouged out during free pennant night in the '70's among others. This is what makes me a fan? I am ashamed to be a fan of the Sox right now and I am pleading for anyone out there to give me good reason to hold my head up.

Good grief, the team cannot play, doesn't act mature, embarrasses itself, and it fans at least appear to the world as thugs. How can I say I am a fan and be proud of it?

:angry:
LT

So who's holding the gun to your head? If a few drunken morons & some poorly played baseball is enough to sour you this much on the Sox, buh-bye. :whiner:

konerkopeachy
04-15-2003, 11:48 PM
yeah, man.

i found a robin ventura tee at a thrift store and got a compliment the day i wore it.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-15-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
yeah, man.

i found a robin ventura tee at a thrift store and got a compliment the day i wore it.

WHAT!?!?!!? Someone gave up their Ventura Tee to a Thrift Store? I'm glad you were there to give it a proper home. Damn hooligans!

AngelLeroy
04-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan

This is I think the 3rd or 4th time Frank has been hit by a pitch like that this year. I'd be frustrated as well. Also, maybe he was trying to put some fire into this team. Blaming Frank Thomas isn't going to get us anywhere. I actually think he's one of the few people on this team who gives a damn.

konerkopeachy
04-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
WHAT!?!?!!? Someone gave up their Ventura Tee to a Thrift Store? I'm glad you were there to give it a proper home. Damn hooligans!

that's what i'm screamin'! gah, i should preserve that thing in formaldehyde.

Lip Man 1
04-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Springfield fan...I feel your pain. At this moment I can't give you any real reasons to be proud of this organization.

A complete change is needed from the top down. Maybe that will remove the black cloud over this team that's been in place since 1919. Bill Gleason said it best to Sports Illustrated..."I believe the Sox are cursed."

Lip

bc2k
04-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by AngelLeroy
This is I think the 3rd or 4th time Frank has been hit by a pitch like that this year. I'd be frustrated as well. Also, maybe he was trying to put some fire into this team. Blaming Frank Thomas isn't going to get us anywhere. I actually think he's one of the few people on this team who gives a damn.

I was also glad to see some fire from Thomas. It certainly worked at the time. He had Ascencio in Kippydiapers for the rest of that inning.

Bucktown
04-16-2003, 12:04 AM
I too am on the verge of the swearing off this team.

MHOUSE
04-16-2003, 12:11 AM
I am real upset! :whiner: We had every reason to win this game. Even Jerry's parade of relievers managed to hold onto the lead. Then some CRAP defense gave it away and Thomas pulled off the almost-heroics at the end. (he looks like he really cares this season) Dammit Koch blew it again. That was heart-breaking. Then all those dumbass fans just put it over the top as a complete embarassment. Cant's wait to hear from the Cub fans at school..... :(: I don't even know what else to say. The whole game speaks for itself. ugh!