PDA

View Full Version : Half-price days must end

HawkDJ
04-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Why do you think there are so many drunks at US Cellular who do idiotic things? Too many half-price games. All they do is allow idiots to get in and have more money to get beer. Then they attack players/umps and make us Sox fans look like drunken fools. Get rid of half-price days. I was at a half-price game last year when somebody ran on the field but thankfully didn't attack anybody and some people had a fight on the outfield fence. Half-price days are worthless.

ShoelessFred
04-15-2003, 10:29 PM
i disagree that it's the half price monday's that are the problem. it's moronic people who are allowed to drink as much as they want and a lack of security. i mean have you seen the security at sox games? there were 4 fans that got on the field tonight. FOUR!!!!!!!! how could the sox not have extra security knowing what happened last year. this gives ALL of chicago a black eye. not just sox fans. national media is talking about the cubs/dodgers incident a couple years ago and the way people acted after the bulls won championships.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-15-2003, 10:31 PM
yeah, i was at the yankees game last year on half price night and it was awful, fights in the stands, 10000s of mousepads on the field and in the concourse, and a lot of beer bein spilled on fans from all the drunken hooligans, i registered for the msg board afer lurking for a while last year just to tell everyone how bad it was

Bucktown
04-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Its not the ticket price, it is the beer price.

dllrbll7
04-15-2003, 10:35 PM
If it wasnt for half price nites i would go to half as many games. I think they need to make it more clear that if you step foot on that field the guards will be pummeling your head into the ground and then make the sentence alot more than it is.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown

So charge more for beer? $5 a beer is too low? Right, and then we'll all call JR a money grubbing thief charging so much to make more cash from fans.

I agree that the Sox are not prepared to deal with fans from a security perspective. Both at the game and during prosecution. Throw the book at these guys continually, even if you just run around like an idiot. If you're drunk and you do it, you get a heavier sentence for public intoxication. Then PUBLISH IT FRONT PAGE!!! If the media won't trumpet it, then have the team buy a FULL PAGE AD and make the announcement.

duke of dorwood
04-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Stronger penalties for doing it will stop this-and publicize the penalties. Cant stop promotions because of a few.

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown

Nope. $5 a cup is way too much for that swill they serve at Comiskey.

The Sox just need to get tough as far as penalties you incur if you go on the field with the intention of harming a player, coach, or official. A couple of $5000 fines and/or 30 days in prison for a single offense will put the kibosh on this sort of crap, and pronto.

bc2k
04-15-2003, 10:48 PM
You can't get rid of 1/2 price nights. If that happens, we lose that "buzz" in the stands that happens when combined with a warm night. I love attending those games, especially the bleachers. My Sox-7 plan this year is in the bleachers with four 1/2 priced games, I love that "buzz."