PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong with the Sox....

dougs78
04-15-2003, 10:25 PM
There are about a million threads on this board saying one reason or another about why this White Sox team is bad. Koch can't get the Royals out to save his soul, No clutch hitting, bad fielding, poor starting pitching, etc, etc. While I think all those are true some times, I don't think we can point to any one of those as a common theme about our very short season so far. Not one of those things really concerns me (actually the # of errors so far is simply frightening).

However, I am getting a very bad vibe about this team, but not about any one aspect of our play. It seems like every game we've lost has been becuase of a few really awful plays. We seem to be doing just enough to lose these games. Good teams find a way to win games they shouldn't. Bad teams find a way to lose games they shouldn't. I'll have to say that at this point we are finding ways to lose some games that should definitely be wins.

MRKARNO
04-15-2003, 10:29 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :whiner:

Lip Man 1
04-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Perhaps the bottom line is that the Sox simply do not have players who can perform under pressure (as evidenced by Phil Rogers column on that same subject over the off season).

Outside of that I'm out of reasons or trying to explain it.

The franchise is cursed period.

Lip

gosox41
04-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
There are about a million threads on this board saying one reason or another about why this White Sox team is bad. Koch can't get the Royals out to save his soul, No clutch hitting, bad fielding, poor starting pitching, etc, etc. While I think all those are true some times, I don't think we can point to any one of those as a common theme about our very short season so far. Not one of those things really concerns me (actually the # of errors so far is simply frightening).

However, I am getting a very bad vibe about this team, but not about any one aspect of our play. It seems like every game we've lost has been becuase of a few really awful plays. We seem to be doing just enough to lose these games. Good teams find a way to win games they shouldn't. Bad teams find a way to lose games they shouldn't. I'll have to say that at this point we are finding ways to lose some games that should definitely be wins.

I am also getting bad vibes fro mthsi team. For those who have read my posts, I have been pretty negative on this team from the get go. As much as I want to be optimisitic, something in my gut tells me not to get my hopes up.

All these awful plays have to stop. This tema plays like it's got its head up their a**. There was no reason for Jose's throwing error. He should know he as throwing problems to begin with and not being on his feet compunds them.

There is a definite lack of clutch hitting on this team. Maybe these guys are to weak minded to handle the pressure. And even if they did, they'd just run themselves out of the inning. How many men did they leave on base against Detroit last weekend. This is a AAAA team at best, it's not the Yankees.

Something is rotten here. Good teams don't consistently beat themselves. This team does, hence this team is not that good.

Bob