PDA

View Full Version : Marte needs to close against the Royals

hose
04-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Manuel HAS to go with Marte for the close against Kansas City in the rest of this series.

The Royals for whatever reason have Koch's number right now and the Sox can't afford to take another chance using him.

The Royals are one of the hottest teams in baseball, but the Sox defense, base running, and bull pen gave this game away.

LETS GET'EM TOMORROW

DonkeyKongerko
04-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Either way I think Koch is seriously rattled. Huge crowd against first place team in tight game and he blows it and can't even finish the inning. Now we see what this guy is really made of.

hose
04-15-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
Either way I think Koch is seriously rattled. Huge crowd against first place team in tight game and he blows it and can't even finish the inning. Now we see what this guy is really made of.

Koch has pitched before bigger crowds in bigger games ....he ain't rattled.

KC has all the MOJO going for them right now and has had two huge innings against Koch. Either he is tipping his pitches or the Royals just have his number.

Marte is more than capable to get the job done the next two days. I would only bring Koch in if the Sox have a huge lead against KC .

This weekend Koch can resume the closing role against the Indians.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Hose says: "the Sox defense, base running, and bull pen gave this game away.

Where have we heard that before? and how many times in the past two years?

Jon Garland needs to pitch his ass off tomorrow night or we could be looking at ANOTHER sweep and 6 1/2 out before April is even over. That's the reality of the situation folks.

Lip