PDA

View Full Version : Everybody calm down!

Tavarin
04-15-2003, 10:18 PM
It is mid-april, there is still 149 games. Kansas City isn't going to stay hot forever. We have had some bad luck against them, but instead of concentrating on getting rid of Manuel and Koch, we should concentrate on getting rid of the idiots at the ballpark who are making us look bad.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Like I just posted somewhere else, I know it is only April, and not even 1/4 through the year, but a loss is a loss whenever it happens during the year. It is magnified because it is the beginning of the year, but we have to get it done against team, especially in our division. Remember, KC was supposed to suck, and they still might, but if they beat hte crap out of us, and everyone beats them later, we are in the hole, and have to dig harder to get out.

konerkopeachy
04-15-2003, 10:21 PM
hell yes. bah, the royals can't be ruling all forever. sweeney is a weenie. the only thing we can do now is look on to the rest of this series. hey, tickets aren't half-price tomorrow, maybe the drunken moron ratio will go down.

Tavarin
04-15-2003, 10:23 PM
We are tied with Minnesota right now, just relax and think of it as tied for first, because Kansas City can't keep getting lucky

WinningUgly!
04-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
It is mid-april, there is still 149 games. Kansas City isn't going to stay hot forever. We have had some bad luck against them, but instead of concentrating on getting rid of Manuel and Koch, we should concentrate on getting rid of the idiots at the ballpark who are making us look bad.

You're right. Everybody that is calling for Manuel & Koch's heads, will be all puffy chested & happy again when the Sox take the next 2 games. There's no doubt that this was one of the worst possible ways to lose a game. Now the team has to decide how it wants to respond. They can either roll over & keep taking it from KC, or come back pissed off looking for blood.

:chickenlittle

Viva Magglio
04-15-2003, 10:25 PM
We are tied with Minnesota right now, just relax and think of it as tied for first, because Kansas City can't keep getting lucky

You know, that's how we felt about Minnesota last season and the season before.

Viva Magglio
04-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
You're right. Everybody that is calling for Manuel & Koch's heads, will be all puffy chested & happy again when the Sox take the next 2 games. There's no doubt that this was one of the worst possible ways to lose a game. Now the team has to decide how it wants to respond. They can either roll over & keep taking it from KC, or come back pissed off looking for blood.

:chickenlittle

Our team does not have the heart to respond and take the next two. I predict tomorrow and the next night that we will just go through the motions (like we have done 100% of the time previously) and be KC's byoches. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tavarin
04-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
You know, that's how we felt about Minnesota last season and the season before.

Yes, but Minnesota was running on pitchers that had previous experience. Hernandez, Affeldt and all the rest wont be this consistent

Lip Man 1
04-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Tavarin...this is the second or third time already that I've seen this title for a thread this season. (I don't know if you created them each time though)

Simply the fact that the team has played in such a way as to upset the fans that many times already, seems to indicate a problem with the club don't you think?

Lip

Tavarin
04-15-2003, 11:42 PM
I didn't create any other threads with this title.

The reason everyones getting worked up over this is because thats what we always do. I think we were still getting worked up over loses when we had already clinched the division in 2000. I bet we will be getting worked up over loses the year after we win it all(don't say anything) Thats just how we Sox fans are. Always grumpy :)

MHOUSE
04-15-2003, 11:45 PM
As a single game and loss it's not a big deal. But you could see our guys biffing plays, lacking heart, going through the motions, and our manager watching silently. The fans found nothing better to do than cheer on a bunch of drunk morons. That's just sad and pathetic. It's not the loss, it's the whole game and the whole message. It's sh*t.

baggio202
04-15-2003, 11:54 PM
I didn't create any other threads with this title.

The reason everyones getting worked up over this is because thats what we always do. I think we were still getting worked up over loses when we had already clinched the division in 2000. I bet we will be getting worked up over loses the year after we win it all(don't say anything) Thats just how we Sox fans are. Always grumpy :)

perhaps we are a little grumpy because we havent won a world series since '17 or lost one since '59???...its not like we are the yankee fans..we expect the worst because thats what we get almost every year..why should this year be different???

Bucktown
04-15-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
You know, that's how we felt about Minnesota last season and the season before. ...and how everyone felt about the Sox the year before that.

SoxxoS
04-16-2003, 12:10 AM
This is NOT a calm down situation. When your rolaids relief man closer blows 2 games, that is a problem.

What do races come down to in the final weeks? Games. Each game means something, and if your closer can't close games, that is a BIG PROBLEM. Now you have to worry about Koch, and the mental aspect. Not good. I don't care what time of the year. :angry: :angry: :angry: