PDA

View Full Version : What's with the unruly "fans"?

1951Campbell
04-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Hey...all I get is the audio over the internet...what just happened?

I hope this isn't some new fad when the Royals are in town.

WhiteSoxWinner
04-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Some freak charged the field and went after the ump. Not as bad as the Gamboa incident, but it is already at the top of the ESPN news stories on their website.

duke of dorwood
04-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Channel 9 broke into their news with film of fan on the field

konerkopeachy
04-15-2003, 09:48 PM
it's a full moon; what can i say. the crazies are out.

and when something out of the ordinary happens, why don't they ever get it on camera? i'm just left sitting there for minutes going "what the hell's going on"?

1951Campbell
04-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Sadly, this is the only way we can get on ESPN...I'm sure "Boston" is clucking as we speak.

WinningUgly!
04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
This was Gamboa's 1st trip back to Chicago since the incident last season. The media has been making such a big deal out of it that some drunken stooge figures he'll get his 15 minutes of ass-clown fame too.

Geez, WGN broke in with the footage & ESPN has it all over the place...wonder why these idiots keep doing this stuff?

HawkDJ
04-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Half price Mondays and Tuesdays must END NOW! I don't remember if the Gamboa incident was on a half price day but I know this is today and I also was at a half-price monday game where there were at least 3 fights in the crowds. Too many crazy drunks out there.

konerkopeachy
04-15-2003, 09:57 PM
besides the attack on the ump, the 1st time fans ran onto the field was not shown.

they just showed footage of, was it....Kelly Wunsch? shaking his head. just makes me impatient, you know?

WhiteSoxWinner
04-15-2003, 10:08 PM
OK, maybe not wise for Rios to run there, but the replay shows he is safe. Could the ump's view have been colored by the fan attacking a member of his crew? It has happened before. Remember Cleveland a few years ago and the called strikes in the ninth?

dademz1
04-15-2003, 10:14 PM
I was just watching ESPN, what they said is true, You need to make an example of these mopes, No more crap ass Plea Bargains

They need to do 6 months, and this crap will stop if it is well known that if you act the fool, you will be watching the rest of your games 9 blocks to the west at County....

Viva Magglio
04-15-2003, 10:30 PM
:hizzoner
Shoot to kill fans that run onto the field, because they're potential murderers.

mike squires
04-15-2003, 10:34 PM
In a month we will hear this idiots sob story how he was molested by his father and turned to drugs and alcohol as a way to escape and that he's been married 3 times and molested their daughters............

Bucktown
04-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
OK, maybe not wise for Rios to run there, but the replay shows he is safe. Could the ump's view have been colored by the fan attacking a member of his crew? It has happened before. Remember Cleveland a few years ago and the called strikes in the ninth?
No doubt about it. This was called because the ump was sick of what was happening there. I don't blame him one bit.

dllrbll7
04-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Shoot to kill fans that run onto the field, because they're potential murderers.

Thats exactly what i was thinkin. They should at least kick there a** once they get to them and make it known its not goin to be tolerated and then carry him off on a stretcher.

photofetish01
04-15-2003, 10:39 PM
ˇViva Mágglio!

You're such a riot!

npdempse
04-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Did anybody get a good look at the guy's hat?

It was either Cubs or Royals blue...***? I hate it when Cubs fans come to Sox games with no other purpose but to rile things up.

konerkopeachy
04-15-2003, 10:42 PM
shoot to kill the dickmos that run onto the field.....i like, i like. :cool:

we should have a sniper sit in the upper deck.

and when you see that laser sight, run like hell.

mike squires
04-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Thats exactly what i was thinkin. They should at least kick there a** once they get to them and make it known its not goin to be tolerated and then carry him off on a stretcher.

Some of the Royals players were stepping on his legs with there metal cleats while he was restrained. I hope he got some right hooks in the tunnel!!!

dllrbll7
04-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Some of the Royals players were stepping on his legs with there metal cleats while he was restrained. I hope he got some right hooks in the tunnel!!!

Now thats what im talkin about!

whitesoxwilkes
04-16-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Seriously. It's time to start treating this trash like the protesters at the Dem convention back in '68!