PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox vs. Royals Game thread 4/15/03 (Tax Day)


MRKARNO
04-15-2003, 07:34 PM
After 1, It's 3-1 Sox

Randa hit a pop-fly which managed to get out of the park.

Asencio Walked Valentin

He Hit Thomas, fight nearly ensues
Ordoņez grounds out
Konerko Walked
Lee Walked 1-1 tie
Rios gets a 2 bagger 3-1 Sox
Crede ground out, end of inning

Daver
04-15-2003, 07:43 PM
We have a bunch of people in the chat room for the game,and we have PBP for those that don't have game coverage.

:)

MRKARNO
04-15-2003, 07:54 PM
sorry, I didn't know that we were ending this practice

Daver
04-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
sorry, I didn't know that we were ending this practice

We're not,I am just making people aware of the fact that we have a chat during the game.

:)

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Looks like Paulie's gonna start costing us games with his glove, in addition to his noodle bat this year.

Letting a guy score from 1st on a single is unforgiveable, especially in a close game like this.

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 09:26 PM
BIG FRANK'S FIRST CLUTCH HIT OF THE YEAR -- PERFECT TIMING!!!!!!

:gulp: :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Woah, what just happened? It looked like someone had attacked the 1B or 2B just as the RF caught the ball....Koch came out of the bullpen and sort of looked like, "Woah."

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Man, thank Jah they took out Carlos for Rios...CLUTCH.

We may yet win this one!

Kilroy
04-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Not likely. Koch blows.

cheeses_h_rice
04-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Man, thank Jah they took out Carlos for Rios...CLUTCH.

We may yet win this one!


...or not. Koch is beyond awful tonight.

Royals 2003 = Twins 2002 and Twins 2001. The one team we can't seem to get beyond.

Will the lead be extended? Will the Sox even have a chance of coming back in the bottom of the 9th?

I'm disgusted.

WinningUgly!
04-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Watching all the Royals hugging each other in the dugout just caused my remote to get snapped in half over my knee. :angry:

Zednem700
04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
But Koch is a CLOSER. He throws hard and that means he's a better closer than Foulke. Throwing hard equals pitching better.

I saw this coming, Koch's best year was not as good as Foulke's career average. But no tons of people on this board were convinced that Koch was some sort of superstar because he racked up a bunch of saves. Saves are a function of opportuniy I and others said, but no, Koch throws hard, therefore he's god. He throws hard and straight, when he has control, which is not often enough. Damn it damn it damn it.

This is a rambling message, I'm pissed. Why did Kenny make that trade? Maybe he was just really impressed with the snowflake.

Iguana775
04-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Zednem700
But Koch is a CLOSER. He throws hard and that means he's a better closer than Foulke. Throwing hard equals pitching better.

I saw this coming, Koch's best year was not as good as Foulke's career average. But no tons of people on this board were convinced that Koch was some sort of superstar because he racked up a bunch of saves. Saves are a function of opportuniy I and others said, but no, Koch throws hard, therefore he's god. He throws hard and straight, when he has control, which is not often enough. Damn it damn it damn it.

This is a rambling message, I'm pissed. Why did Kenny make that trade? Maybe he was just really impressed with the snowflake.

I was never too excited about the trade either. I just held my reservations. But he has looked like crap. I'd rather have Foulke.

ChiSox14305635
04-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Rios gets thrown out at 3rd. End of ballgame.

Sox lose 8-5.



Talk about a demoralizing loss. Kansas City's trying to play the role of Minnesota this year, and we haven't even faced the damn Twins yet! I'm thoroughly disgusted! :angry: