PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game Patio Party


thecell
04-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Just wondering if anybody would be interested in having a WSI Pre-game party at the Cell sometime. It would include 2 hours of all you can eat and drink for two hours before the game. Your game ticket would be included as well. SHould be around $30 per person. I think this would be a good way to meet a lot of the faces here. Just thought I see if anyone would be interested.

Hangar18
04-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Good Idea. Should do this on a Friday Nite or Saturday Nite Game. bad thing though, reinsdorf would have us all cornered in One area.....count me in though..

TheBigHurt
04-15-2003, 02:11 PM
COULD i come????

whitesoxwilkes
04-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Great call..let's do a Friday night!

soxnut
04-15-2003, 02:23 PM
:hawk
I luv the patio

hold2dibber
04-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Great idea. I'd definitely be interested, but lots of advance notice is key. Any weekend game (day or night) would work.

thecell
04-15-2003, 02:32 PM
I can only get the discount throught the end of May. So the preliminary dates would be Friday May 2nd, Saturday May 3rd...but most likely Friday May 23rd or Saturday May 24th as this would give the most time to organize everything. Those are the only 2 weekends we're at home in May.

steff
04-15-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm in. But keep me away from that gnat!!

Rocky Soprano
04-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Count me in.

LuvSox
04-15-2003, 03:25 PM
I'd love to meet all of you crazy people. The 23rd or the 24th sound great. :gulp:

voodoochile
04-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I'd love to meet all of you crazy people. The 23rd or the 24th sound great. :gulp:

I'd love to, but I'll be out of town that weekend... :whiner:

dllrbll7
04-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a great idea. You dont have to be of age to go down there right? As long as that doesnt matter count me in

Juan Pizarro
04-16-2003, 01:25 PM
If it was the Saturday game, I could probably make it down.

hose
04-16-2003, 10:29 PM
I 'm in.

Sounds like a good time.

balz1472
04-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Count me in for sure. I am sure a few other "less-frequent" WSI members would be in as well.

:gulp:

thecell
04-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by balz1472
Count me in for sure. I am sure a few other "less-frequent" WSI members would be in as well.

:gulp:

I hope so. I'll have the final details up in a few days or so.

Daver
04-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Post them in this thread Cell,I'll leave it stuck so that anyone interested can see it.

Fisk72
04-17-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm game. Let me know when.

ewokpelts
04-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi.

The patio discount also applies to Monday games.

mack10zie
04-17-2003, 07:03 PM
I'd also love to be in on that.

soxrme
04-18-2003, 10:23 AM
count me in as long as it is a night game.

ozzman
04-18-2003, 12:39 PM
i'm in :smile:

Hangar18
04-18-2003, 01:11 PM
THis sounds Corny, but Someone be sure to bring a bunch of those dorky stickers that say "HELLO" on them and you can put your WSI name on it. I know theres a lot of people who would love to say hello to each other, but have no Idea Who is Who.
Great Idea CELL, and was good to meet you Opening Day man.

nut_stock
04-19-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey the 24th is a Fireworks nite....

Bobby Thigpen
04-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a pretty good idea. Depends on the final plans on whether or not I could come though. I'm definitely going on the 25th and don't know if I could make it either of the two days before. A six hour round trip drive is a lot to make twice in two days.

chisoxt
04-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Count me in!

Streets
04-22-2003, 09:34 PM
I'm down. I arrive back in the region on May 9th, so any time after that is good for me!

Rocky Soprano
04-24-2003, 01:55 PM
Any update?

thecell
04-24-2003, 02:59 PM
I'd like to have a final count by Friday May 2nd. Anyone have any ideas about how money should be collected? Last time I did this, not for WSI, I ended up eating money from people who decided to not show up.

Hangar18
04-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey CELL, what DATE is the game? dont think you cleared that up yet.

Rocky Soprano
04-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Cell,

Do you use Pay-Pal?

You could say something like, we need to pay so we can be put on the list. That way if we pay then if someone doesnt show up then at least you already got the money so it would be there loss.

steff
04-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by thecell
I'd like to have a final count by Friday May 2nd. Anyone have any ideas about how money should be collected? Last time I did this, not for WSI, I ended up eating money from people who decided to not show up.


Do you have a paypal account? You could collect that way. I'll meet you at a game and pay you. What's the final date? I might have tickets already

thecell
04-24-2003, 03:52 PM
OK, looks like Friday May 23rd will work best. Please let me know who will be attending for sure. We will make payment arrangements when you confirm you are going. I'd like a final headcount by Friday, May 2nd. Let me know if you have any questions.

Email me at dachamp00@yahoo.com to confirm...

Sad
04-25-2003, 11:56 AM
have a cold Schlitz :o: for me

I've already got tix for the 24th...

Juan Pizarro
04-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Can't make that date. Have fun, crew.

thecell
04-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I've only received a few confirmations so far. I need a minimum of 20 to receive the discount and book the party. I'm going to set the deadline for May 7 to confirm. If we have enough by that day, I'll book the party. For everyone who has confirmed, I received all of your emails. If you have not yet confirmed, please send an email to dachamp00@yahoo.com with the number of people who are planning on attending. I look forward to seeing everyone at the ballpark.

Thanks,
Ken

thecell
05-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't received enough confirmations via email, so it doesn't look like this will happen. I may plan something for September. I'll let everyone know.

Ken

steff
05-08-2003, 04:37 PM
Geezus.. all those "I'm in's" bailed..? Shame on you guys!

Hangar18
05-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Geezus.. all those "I'm in's" bailed..? Shame on you guys!

I know! lets go thru this thread and sweat everyone for bailing.....
heh heh

LuvSox
05-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Whenever I'm fortunate enough to go to a game I'm gonna throw it out here, see who wants to meet up. I could always use another :gulp: partner. I was really hoping we could do this thing at the end of the month.

balz1472
05-09-2003, 11:49 AM
It's not that I'm bailing... the date that was picked happens to be the date that I'm closing on my place... the ONE AND ONLY DAY that I wouldn't be able to go.

Hangar18
05-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by balz1472
It's not that I'm bailing... the date that was picked happens to be the date that I'm closing on my place... the ONE AND ONLY DAY that I wouldn't be able to go.

thats not an excuse. you should be ashamed of yourself :smile:

hose
05-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by thecell
Hi everyone,

I haven't received enough confirmations via email, so it doesn't look like this will happen. I may plan something for September. I'll let everyone know.

Ken


I just re- read this thread wondering what was going on.

Next time may be send a message to the list of people that showed interest when a date has been selected. I would have mailed you a check or money order , just lost track off of the thread.

I still want to go I think it's a great idea. Looking forward to September.

Hangar18
05-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by hose
I just re- read this thread wondering what was going on.

Next time may be send a message to the list of people that showed interest when a date has been selected. I would have mailed you a check or money order , just lost track off of the thread.

I still want to go I think it's a great idea. Looking forward to September.

Lets Try to Get this Going Again....
Everyone, if your in....Get In. Lets do this. Lets not be like Jerry Reinsdorf and Wait til its Too Late before Making A Move...

LuvSox
05-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Lets Try to Get this Going Again....
Everyone, if your in....Get In. Lets do this. Lets not be like Jerry Reinsdorf and Wait til its Too Late before Making A Move...

I'm in again. Actually, I just bought tix for the 25th. Anybody?

hose
05-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Lets Try to Get this Going Again....
Everyone, if your in....Get In. Lets do this. Lets not be like Jerry Reinsdorf and Wait til its Too Late before Making A Move...


Looks like September is the new date that "the cell" is proposing.

Sox should have first place wrapped up by then :D: