PDA

View Full Version : marketing "the choice"

calebhatesyou
04-15-2003, 01:31 PM
it's unavoidable, Royce Clayton has stated off on a descent clip for the Brewer. There's nothing we can do about that now, but there is something we can do to capitalize on it.
introducing......

The Choice - For the ShortStop in Everyone

if i only lived up north, i'd be selling cold ones (most probably PabstBlueRibbon- it's cheap) at the brewer's gate (you know for pre-game and the ride home) with jerry rigged "the choice" labels .

my commercial would be him sitting on a box drinking a beer at SS while a grounder rolls past 2nd- his teammates start to approach in anger leaving the ball unattended- royce hands out "the choice" saying "it wasn't my style" in refference to the ground ball- the baserunner stops while rounding 2nd and Royce hands him a beer- royce tags the runner out while he's saying how "the choice" is "99.9% error free" and all begin to chuckle- que the music

oh man that would be great and maybe even profitable the better than "the beast". look out milwaukee there is a new beer in town.

well i can't do anything about it (it's an issue of capital and location really) but maybe someone here can. you can use the idea free of charge.....except if the commercial is actually made. then i want cotrol of the "creative process".
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

thecell
04-15-2003, 01:37 PM
you just need to have Ritchie throwing a pitch and you'll be set

calebhatesyou
04-15-2003, 01:49 PM
i think ritchie would get a cameo, easy. but i think i would hold his name/likeness for the sister product "boy did i get hammered..... again" asprin-free hangover-be-gone pill. :D:

thecell
04-15-2003, 02:50 PM
I think you're on to something...

gosox41
04-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
i think ritchie would get a cameo, easy. but i think i would hold his name/likeness for the sister product "boy did i get hammered..... again" asprin-free hangover-be-gone pill. :D:

Why not have Wilson Alvarez and Alex Fernandex hyping up Alleve. They can talk about how the drug helped them pitch through pain the last 5 years without ruining their appetite.

Bob

Konerko05
04-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Being in Normal Illinois, I also get St. Louis' FSN. So while watching the Cardinals and Brewers game, the announcers started talking about Clayton.

Haha, you wouldn't believe the BS they were spilling. I'm not exactly sure who these guys are but they should be fired immediately.

First they started off saying what a classy player Royce Clayton is on the field and in the clubhouse. Not only that but they were praising the Brewers for such a great pick up. Saying that Clayton does everything right and hes the perfect player. Not only praising his defense but his offense also. I don't really remember much else what they said because I was in such astonishment. But yeah, I thought I'd humor most of you with that.

calebhatesyou
04-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Being in Normal Illinois, I also get St. Louis' FSN. So while watching the Cardinals and Brewers game, the announcers started talking about Clayton. yeah. i heard that garbage too when i was getting FSN from up there. i know it's not the teams TV guys' job to put their own player down, but they don't have to exagerate a guys talent/character to the point of a lie that a majority of baseball fans in a city less than 100 miles away can testify to as such .

MHOUSE
04-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Great idea! I'd love to see that commercial on white sox pre or something.