PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Sosa

Risk
04-15-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm new to the Board, but I was thinking about the top five things that make me dispise Sammy "I'm bigger than Jesus Christ" Sosa, and what better way to start a new thread than ask some real baseball fans their opinions.

Here are my five

1) the bunny-hop

2) the "hamminess"- seems like he's always waiting for the rv cam to pan on him so he can do something stupid to get a rise out of the sheep (fans) at the Urinal

3) the hardest swing he had with the Sox was with a rum bottle

4) claims to play hard, but gawd forbid he ever try to steal a base, dive for a liner ,etc. etc.

5) not a team player-it's one thing if your the star, but don't act is if you only care about winning when you miss games to attend the worthless home run contest at the All Star Game

Feedback???

Thanks for letting me rant.

LuvSox
04-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Risk
I'm new to the Board, but I was thinking about the top five things that make me dispise Sammy "I'm bigger than Jesus Christ" Sosa

That big "C" on his hat is enough for me. Isn't it great when Valentin makes fun of him?!?

Daver
04-15-2003, 12:02 PM
I'm new to the Board, but I was thinking about the top five things that make me dispise Sammy "I'm bigger than Jesus Christ" Sosa, and what better way to start a new thread than ask some real baseball fans their opinions.

Here are my five

1) the bunny-hop

2) the "hamminess"- seems like he's always waiting for the rv cam to pan on him so he can do something stupid to get a rise out of the sheep (fans) at the Urinal

4) claims to play hard, but gawd forbid he ever try to steal a base, dive for a liner ,etc. etc.

5) not a team player-it's one thing if your the star, but don't act is if you only care about winning when you miss games to attend the worthless home run contest at the All Star Game

Feedback???

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

gosox41
04-15-2003, 12:05 PM

Here are my five

1) the bunny-hop

Feedback???

The fact that 99% of all big league pitchers are afraid to pitch him inside because of his "legendary" status. That bunny hop of his should get him drilled. Hopefully Clemens will have the balls to do it assuming he faces Sosa at Wrigley. It'd be nice for Roger to put him in his place.

Bob

voodoochile
04-15-2003, 12:08 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

leftbehindbuck
04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
I agree with most of the things said about Sammy...however HE DOES DIVE FOR LINERS....HE JUST RARELY CATCHES THOSE LINERS....so watch some more games before giving him crap for not diving for liners...he will dive he just can't catch....as a Cubs fan I must admit Sammy is probably their biggest problem. In Vineline (okay I am a dork and I do subscribe to teh Cubs montly magazine) their was an article about how Mark Grace and other Cubs tried to throw Sammy out and get him traded....I have now found a weak flaw in Grace's leadership ability....he failed to convince Sosa to trade him and he ended up leaving the Cubs for the D'backs...My vote is that the Cubs should trade Sammy for some bats and they will walk away in the end as the winners....when Sammy wins a ring than I might change my mind bu until them I am in 97% agreement with you guys on how sick I am of Sammy....Thanks for letting this Cubs fan rant....
Buck :gulp:

Rocky Soprano
04-15-2003, 12:27 PM
I love seeing Valentin make fun of Sosucks.

Has Sosucks ever said anything about that?
I still laugh when I think about him doing his bunny hop thinking he hit his 500 homer and it fell short! :)

calebhatesyou
04-15-2003, 12:58 PM
i want to know at what point do you say to your self "you know i think i can beat my chest and kiss a peace sign and give it to the camera". he's like that guy who transfers into your high school and then tell you that his nick name for the old school was "rock" or "the man".

34 Inch Stick
04-15-2003, 02:15 PM
I hate him tapping the opposing catcher's gear before his first at bat.

I hate that he enhances his accent and claims ignorance of the language when he makes stupid statments. I hate this because he is obviously media savvy and he has been in the U.S. for over 15 years.

Oh, I also hate him because we traded a future hall of famer and only got to one playoff series in return.

Shoeless Joe
04-15-2003, 04:31 PM
The worst thing about Sosa is that he gets more respect as a hitter than this guy :maggs

34 Inch Stick
04-15-2003, 04:46 PM
How do you make one of those Flaming Sosas?

I assume there would be some rum, tabasco, Cub koolaid

They could never be served until a week into spring training and never in October.