PDA

View Full Version : Who's line is this?

Kilroy
04-15-2003, 11:29 AM
13 games, 45 a/b 16 hits for a .356 avg, 4 2B, 3 HR, 10 rbi, 7 BB.

Viva Magglio
04-15-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
13 games, 45 a/b 16 hits for a .356 avg, 4 2B, 3 HR, 10 rbi, 7 BB.

:hitless
Mine?

czalgosz
04-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Good for the Choice.

Kilroy
04-15-2003, 11:35 AM
:hitless

Damn right it's mine. I told you all that I'm the man...

fuzzy_patters
04-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Rolls Royce always played better once the Sox were out of contention. Fortunately for him, the Brewers have been out of contention since the early nineties. Now he is free to relax and just play ball, so I expect a big year from him.

Hangar18
04-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Of Course Clayton is hitting .350, Hes in the National League.
Every one knows the NL is the weak sister league esp when
it comes to Pitching. Thats why Ritchie went back to the NL too,
too many dang good hitters in the AL. Thats why Thome took the money and ran, he knew he could coast the rest of his career, Feasting off Phony NL Pitching.

voodoochile
04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
Rolls Royce always played better once the Sox were out of contention. Fortunately for him, the Brewers have been out of contention since the early nineties. Now he is free to relax and just play ball, so I expect a big year from him.

Actually, this is almost a mirror start of last year for the Sox when he had 6 HR in April, and finished the year with... (drum roll please)... 7...

doublem23
04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Personally I think the NL has better overall pitching than the AL, though that may just be a faux because there's usually an assured out somewhere in the lineup.

When Royce gets hot he's a pretty good hitter... Problem is that his valleys are substantially low and long (like... The entire first half of a season).

voodoochile
04-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Actually, this is almost a mirror start of last year for the Sox when he had 6 HR in April, and finished the year with... (drum roll please)... 7...

Actually, I was incorrect - stupid brain - He had 6 in April and May, but only batted .198.

voodoochile
04-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Personally I think the NL has better overall pitching than the AL, though that may just be a faux because there's usually an assured out somewhere in the lineup.

Or two... I get tired of watching teams intentionally walk the 8th place hitter (who on most clubs isn't exactly Magglio) to pitch to the pitcher.

czalgosz
04-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Or two... I get tired of watching teams intentionally walk the 8th place hitter (who on most clubs isn't exactly Magglio) to pitch to the pitcher.

And then the pitcher sacrifice bunts to move the guy to second, even though there's one out.

But hey, that's somehow better baseball, according to the cognoscenti out there.

voodoochile
04-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
And then the pitcher sacrifice bunts to move the guy to second, even though there's one out.

But hey, that's somehow better baseball, according to the cognoscenti out there.

They prefer the word "traditionalists"...

Foulke You
04-15-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Of Course Clayton is hitting .350, Hes in the National League.
Every one knows the NL is the weak sister league esp when
it comes to Pitching. Thats why Ritchie went back to the NL too,
too many dang good hitters in the AL. Thats why Thome took the money and ran, he knew he could coast the rest of his career, Feasting off Phony NL Pitching.

I agree Hangar. The NL has always been a league where a lot of 2 pitch pitchers shine. Another telling stat in my eyes is the home run kings like McGwire (70), Sosa (66), and Bonds (72) all hit off NL pitching where they can see tons of fastballs. McGwire in his prime could only muster about 56 HR in the AL and then he moves to the NL and blasts out 70. Of course, having launching pad parks like Wrigley, Coors, Minute Maid (Enron), and now Great American Park surely helps the HR cause in the NL but I still say the pitching is weaker. I don't believe anyone will ever break 60 HR off of AL pitching. The pitching is stronger all the way around because 1-9 are real MLB hitters so the pitchers have to be smarter. I could continue with other reasons why the NL is weaker but that would be a topic for another thread.

calebhatesyou
04-15-2003, 01:09 PM
i think it's in the hair. why else has Frank fallen off since the mid-nineties.......[whisper] he's lost his hair.

"the choice" sounds like a good beer.
if i only lived up north, i'd be selling cold ones at the brewer's gate with jerry rigged "the choice" labels .

my commercial would be him sitting on a box drinking a beer at SS while a grounder rolls past 2nd- his teammates start to approach in anger leaving the ball unattended- royce hands out "the choice" saying "it wasn't my style" in refference to the ground ball- the baserunner stops while rounding 2nd and Royce hands him a beer- royce tags the runner out while he's saying how "the choice" is "99.9% error free" and all begin to chuckle- que the music

oh man that would be the better than "the beast". look out milwaukee there is a new beer in town.

TheBigHurt
04-15-2003, 03:25 PM
MY goodness i cant believe what i just saw!!!!!!

Hangar18
04-15-2003, 03:51 PM
In my time, I think I remember about 6 of the WORST games Ive ever watched (bad play, shoddy fundamentals, player talent very low, bad mgrial decisions) of the 6 gms on my record.....
only 1 was an AL Contest (Brewers vs Royals)
the rest were NL games. I never realized til I thought about it how much I really dislike the NL. of the 5 worst games ive witnessed, 2 of those involved the Cubs (surprise). The all time worst game I watched was a tie between the Cubs vs. Padres (97 i believe) and Pirates vs Reds

TheBigHurt
04-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Im not i was agaisnt the Sox getting rid of him all along

BE GOOD wait......

BE GOOD