PDA

View Full Version : eye of the storm...

harwar
08-17-2001, 10:04 AM
The Sox are going from facing one of the the worst pitching staffs in MLB to the one of the best.We face Hiljus,Mulder,& Hudson.(OH MY GOD!!!).and lest you think Hiljus will be easy,he has the best strikeout ratio(11.2 per 9 innings) on the team.However;In his last 3 appearances hes' 0-0/5.65 era in 14 innings(doesn't look so tough).Over their last 17 games A's starters are 11-0 with a 2.18 era and their offense has been clicking on all cylinders. Their only weaklink at the moment is their bullpen.It looks as thought the Sox are indeed sailing into the eye of the storm,so they better suck it up,come out fighting,and show what they're made of.Batten down the hatches,make ready for heavy weather and fight like hell to win because its sink or swim time boys.If we take this series anything is possible,so DAMN THE TORPEDOES,ITS FULL SPEED AHEAD.

LuvChiSox
08-17-2001, 10:35 AM
I'll say it again...if we sweep Oakland, I will be confident that the division is within our reach. But should we lose 2 or 3 to them, then I will throw in the White towel. Sweeping Texas was nice, but they are not the kind of competition that will prove that the Sox have what it takes to overcome a 6 or 7+ game deficit.

I was fairly pleased with last night's lineup--with the exception of Graffy. His fielding was terrrible--he screwed up at least 2 routine plays. I wonder what would happen if Valentin took RayRay's place, then put RC at short, and Lovebug at 3rd.

Anyway, starting tonite, it's gonna feel like getting on a roller coaster for the first time. Time to stock up the bar fridge.

Mathew
08-17-2001, 02:11 PM
St Louis made a lot of ground in a short time and I refuse to believe they have a deeper lineup then we do.