PDA

View Full Version : Subway Double Header

voodoochile
04-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Just thought I'd pass it along. Tuesday and Wednesday, the Flubbies play at Wrigley in the afternoon and the Sox play at Soxpark at night. It only happens a few times each year and some years not at all.

If you are a fan of baseball, it is a great way to spend a day. You can take the Redline train between the two parks and save on parking fees.

MetalliSox
04-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just thought I'd pass it along. Tuesday and Wednesday, the Flubbies play at Wrigley in the afternoon and the Sox play at Soxpark at night. It only happens a few times each year and some years not at all.

If you are a fan of baseball, it is a great way to spend a day. You can take the Redline train between the two parks and save on parking fees.

Not to be a party pooper, but it's suppose to be cold and rainy all day.

Have Fun!

voodoochile
04-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Not to be a party pooper, but it's suppose to be cold and rainy all day.

Have Fun!

Not on Tuesday, it is supposed to be cloudy at night, but not cold at all. They even bumped the forecast for Wednesday up to 60, but it is supposed to rain...

MHOUSE
04-14-2003, 07:33 PM
I think that it's supposed to rain on wednesday not tuesday.

MHOUSE
04-14-2003, 07:33 PM
hey! 100 posts for me. woo hoo!

duke of dorwood
04-14-2003, 07:44 PM
It'll rain and get cold as soon as the Flub game ends-book it

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
hey! 100 posts for me. woo hoo!

NOPE........101

LuvSox
04-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

If you are a fan of baseball, it is a great way to spend a day.

Mr. Voodoo, I don't quite know how to say this. Umm, uhh, true fans of baseball don't go to the Urinal. I hate to argue with WSI staff since all of you are really cool. I am a fan of baseball, but :whiner: I don't wanna go there :whiner: !!!!! Don't make me!!!!! :whiner:

Daver
04-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Mr. Voodoo, I don't quite know how to say this. Umm, uhh, true fans of baseball don't go to the Urinal. I hate to argue with WSI staff since all of you are really cool. I am a fan of baseball, but :whiner: I don't wanna go there :whiner: !!!!! Don't make me!!!!! :whiner:

I spent four months at Wrigley feild three years ago.

I got kicked off that job for peeing in the outfield.

LuvSox
04-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by daver
I spent four months at Wrigley feild three years ago.

I got kicked off that job for peeing in the outfield.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Wait a minute, construction was done at Wrigley? Was it in the '20's? How old are you? :)

Daver
04-14-2003, 10:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Wait a minute, construction was done at Wrigley? Was it in the '20's? How old are you? :)

We did a bunch of maintenance work there,including replacing a bunch of water pipe,it didn't help,the water pressure is still next to nothing.

voodoochile
04-14-2003, 11:09 PM

Okay, don't go. No problem. Like I said, it is just a fun time, not a big deal...

Chicago is one of the few places on the planet where you can do something like this. In fact in 1993 a buddy of mine went to a flubbies game in the afternoon and we had tickets for a pre-season Bears game that night. At 5:00 a friend called and told me she had left box seats to see the Sox at Comiskey at the willcall window. It was a Saturday, so it was a 6:00 start and the Bears didn't start until 7:00. We made last call at Soldier Field (5 minutes into the third quarter for night games) by leaving Comiskey in the top of the 9th (Alex Fernandez was cruising on a 3 hit shutout).

He went to 3 LIVE sporting events on the same day without even breaking a sweat. That is something you simply CANNOT do anywhere else but Chicago, period. Logistics don't work unless the stadiums are close enough where you can drive between locations in 20 minutes or so.

I've been to about 20 subway double headers and it has always been fun...

LuvSox
04-14-2003, 11:16 PM
I guess I could wear a Sox jersey to Wrigley and p.o. everybody. What was I thinking, OF COURSE!!!

Bisco Stu
04-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Has there ever been one where the Sox game was the day game?

voodoochile
04-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Has there ever been one where the Sox game was the day game?

Many times, but my favorite was the year a strike canceled the first 3 games of the season (actually just moved them back) and as a result, both the flubbies and Sox had their home opener on the same day (April 9th - I remember because it's my Mom's b-day). That's the only time in history that has happened. I have those stubs around here somewhere. The flubbies game got rained out, but I kept the stub because I figured it was more valuable as a keepsake than one more bleacher seat...

Iwritecode
04-15-2003, 11:43 AM
I did this a couple of years ago. It was great seeing the Sox beat the Twins and then watching the Flubs get beat by the Astros. It happens again this year on September 3. I might be there.

Max Power
04-15-2003, 04:35 PM
There's another Red Line doubleheader on Saturday May 3rd, which I'll be attending.

1:20 - Cubs v. Rockies
6:00 - Sox v. Mariners

Hopefully this time will be better than the last doubleheader I went to. Cubs won, Sox lost in a rain shortened game.

FarmerAndy
04-15-2003, 05:02 PM
I did a subway double-header last year. It was a blast. Six of us went, a few Sox fans and a few Cubs fans. While at Wrigley, the Cub fans kept making jokes like "this is what a ballpark looks like with people in the stands." Then that evening when we got to Comiskey, there were about 10,000 more people there than were at the Cub game. It was great.

There are actually few times when both teams are in town together this year, more than usual. I'd love to go in September, but the Cubs are playing the Cards so it's probably sold out. I can't think of anything better than watching the Cards beat up the Cubs, and then jumping on the red line to the South Side for a White Sox winner.