PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason to Hate the Royals

valposoxfan
04-14-2003, 01:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230413105
The Royals are all upset over Ricardo Rodriguez celebrating wildly after striking out Michael Tucker and being too "flamboyant". I can't believe I'm hearing this. Watch your tapes of opening day you whiny pieces of crap. The way they celebrated like they had just won the World Series after winning the first game of the White Sox series pales the antics of Rodriguez. I hope we murder this team this week. Screw the Royals. Go Sox!!

DC Sox Fan
04-14-2003, 02:10 PM
That is the epitome of hypocrasy! I guess they're just feeling a little blue after having their bubble burst!

MetalliSox
04-14-2003, 02:27 PM
I may be in the minority, but I thought the Tribe were the primadonna's here.
Royals haven't had a start like this before, good for them. The Tribe can celebrate all they want about handing the Royals their first loss, but the fact of the matter is the Tribe is still 5-7. Royals are 9-1.
Cleveland has no place to act like they did.

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 02:37 PM
MY motto is wether you just won the World Series or you won a preseason game, go crazy by cheering all over, possibly :gulp: , and throw it their faces....HEY its your victory enjoy while it lasts

DC Sox Fan
04-14-2003, 02:39 PM
BigHurt, you'd make a lot of enemies that way :)

I've always been a believer in reacting like you expect to win... "Modest in victory, gracious in defeat"

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by DC Sox Fan
BigHurt, you'd make a lot of enemies that way :)

I've always been a believer in reacting like you expect to win... "Modest in victory, gracious in defeat"

YOUR right and i have made a lot of enemies but every single time, I've spoken with them and everything as always worked out, fortunately :)

DAM but once i had to do something i didnt want to do (it didnt involve what you think it did)

Iwritecode
04-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
I may be in the minority, but I thought the Tribe were the primadonna's here.
Royals haven't had a start like this before, good for them. The Tribe can celebrate all they want about handing the Royals their first loss, but the fact of the matter is the Tribe is still 5-7. Royals are 9-1.
Cleveland has no place to act like they did.

I guess Cleveland doesn't expect too many wins these year and want to celebrate while they can...

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I guess Cleveland doesn't expect too many wins these year and want to celebrate while they can...

YUP, just like the Royals did (remember i said did :) )

KC, celebrated like a pack of ducks when the ice melted in the spring

BE GOOD

dllrbll7
04-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Ya i think cleveland has every right to celebrate after the give the Royals there first lost especially because they dont have that many wins, it just makes it soo much better.

thecell
04-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Baseball is a game of emotions. If you're playing the only undefeated team in the game and pitch out of two huge jams, you be pumping your fists too.

Huisj
04-14-2003, 03:33 PM
i like the theory that when you score a touchdown, act like you've been there before. same thing for winning--act like it's happened before.

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
i like the theory that when you score a touchdown, act like you've been there before. same thing for winning--act like it's happened before.

THAT'S no fun.........MAYBE the best part of winning is enjoying it and going crazy

Jjav829
04-14-2003, 03:50 PM
That gives me more reason to like the Royals, not hate them. I only wish Tucker would have flipped that bat a little bit further. I hate pitchers like Rodriguez and Jose Lima. As a batter you don't show the pitcher up and vice-versa. It happened in the Pads/Rockies game yesterday as well. Oliver Perez struck out Jose Hernandez (wow...what an accomplishment !) and felt the need to do a little dance. Next time up, Hernandez took him deep and stared at Perez the entire time rounding the bases and even began saying something to him. He then mimicked the dance that Perez did once he got back to the dugout.

You wanna celebrate a game winning strike out or a game winning hit, fine. But not a strike out in the 3rd inning. This follows the same lines as Sham-ME's little hop after a HR when his team is down by 10.

bc2k
04-14-2003, 04:18 PM
This is why pitchers should bat. Under its natural system, Baseball had its own form of policing in place. Once upon a time, players knew how to behave, and knew the consequences of not.

MRKARNO
04-14-2003, 10:18 PM
The Royals are new to winning and dont know how to react like winners. I hope that they will not become accustomed to winning. That would be abig problemo

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
This is why pitchers should bat. Under its natural system, Baseball had its own form of policing in place. Once upon a time, players knew how to behave, and knew the consequences of not.

I used to think the DH was good for baseball because of Mr. Hurt and that it extends career's and such, but after that comment when Mr. Hurt retires i would like to see the DH be gone as fast as Duck's food in the winter :)

BASICALLY........my whole opinion on the DH has just change.... GET rid of it (after Mr. Hurt is done which wont be for a long time :) )

T Dog
04-15-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

Have you checked out the number of at bats that relievers are getting in the National League these days?

GASHWOUND
04-15-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by DC Sox Fan
That is the epitome of hypocrasy! I guess they're just feeling a little blue after having their bubble burst!

My first order of business, look up epitome :D:
But I agree

GASHWOUND
04-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Huisj

"same thing for winning--act like it's happened before."

What if you're a Detroit Tiger? :cool:

GASHWOUND
04-15-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
I used to think the DH was good for baseball because of Mr. Hurt and that it extends career's and such, but after that comment when Mr. Hurt retires i would like to see the DH be gone as fast as Duck's food in the winter :)

BASICALLY........my whole opinion on the DH has just change.... GET rid of it (after Mr. Hurt is done which wont be for a long time :) )

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Not the DH, I love the DH!!! I like it that both leagues are different(one uses DH, one doesn't) I don't know why, but I do. And who wants to see the pitcher bat, when you could see Royce Clayton, or Miquel Olivio.

:gulp:

GASHWOUND
04-15-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The Royals are new to winning and dont know how to react like winners. I hope that they will not become accustomed to winning. That would be abig problemo

We're the White Sox, the most snake bitten team in baseball, It would be our luck if the Royals became the Twins of the last couple years(not saying they will win the Cental or anything) meaning they will dominate us like the Twins have the last couple years. Wouldn't that be juuuuuuuust perfect..
I hope our damn luck will turn around this year, but with our luck......well :angry: :gulp: :o: :whiner: