PDA

View Full Version : Trade Daubach

KruseControl04
04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
The Sox need to trade Daubach. We've already got a first baseman, Paul Konerko. We've already got a DH, Frank Thomas. I don't understand where Daubach fits in at all. Maybe KW could work some type of good deal for him.

voodoochile
04-14-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04
The Sox need to trade Daubach. We've already got a first baseman, Paul Konerko. We've already got a DH, Frank Thomas. I don't understand where Daubach fits in at all. Maybe KW could work some type of good deal for him.

He fits in as a LH pinch hitter and a guy who can spell both of the other players. Why would you trade a good LH bat who is getting paid as little as he is anyway?

hold2dibber
04-14-2003, 12:18 PM

Daubach fits on the bench. Based upon what he's done the last few years, he may be the most dangerous left handed bat off the bench in the AL. Why trade that? It's not like he's good enough to secure a front line starting pitcher (don't forget, he was signed to a minor league contract, so its not like teams were banging down the door to get him). He's perfect off the bench, he hits left handed (which the Sox don't have enough of), he can play 3 positions. He doesn't bitch and moan if he's not playing every day. In short, he's a perfect fit for this team.

Stoky44
04-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
In short, he's a perfect fit for this team.

I totally agree.

Blueprint1
04-14-2003, 12:55 PM
"The Sox need to trade Daubach. We've already got a first baseman, Paul Konerko. We've already got a DH, Frank Thomas. I don't understand where Daubach fits in at all. Maybe KW could work some type of good deal for him."

One of the probs with the sox is their lack of left handed hitting. You need a left haned bat you can insert into the lineup late in the games. Daubach hits left handed. You also need bench players this isnt the NBA. I think this has to be the worst idea ive seen on here in a long time.

Juan Pizarro
04-14-2003, 01:14 PM
The opening comments are just ignorant. :threadsucks

doublem23
04-14-2003, 01:28 PM
What happens if (god forbid) Frank, Paul, Maggs, or Carlos get hurt?

Let's all remember the words of Yogu Berra... "It takes deep depth."

Now.... If KW could pull off a Prior/Daubach deal, maybe then you have a point.

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 01:34 PM
NO team really showed any intrest in signing him, so we got him for fairly cheap......GIVE him more time and you'll be happy you did!!!!!!!!YOU'LL be as happy as a duck who just found food in the middle of the winter!!!

BE GOOD

thecell
04-14-2003, 02:24 PM
How 'bout we trade Lee, Thomas, Konerko and Garland because they haven't done crap yet?

TheBigHurt
04-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by thecell
How 'bout we trade Lee, Thomas, Konerko and Garland because they haven't done crap yet?

LET'S do it!!!!!ESPECIALLY, Mr. Hurt

MHOUSE
04-14-2003, 02:53 PM
I don't think Daubach was brought in to be a full time starter. He was brought to be a LH hitter off the bench and give rests to the LF, 1B, and DH positions. It's not that tough to figure out. He's cheap and he's a quality player who won't bitch. Unless we could get some unbelievable steal then why worry about it? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Basically I agree with all the disagreement and points against the original post.

:threadsucks

gosox41
04-14-2003, 03:59 PM

Getting Daubach was a rare good move by KW. For $450K the Sox got a left handed power hitter who can play LF, RF, and 1B. He breaks up the montony of those righties in the middle of the line up, especially when 3 of them are struggling. He is also an excellent insurance policy.

Bob

MRKARNO
04-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Even Al-Sahaf :sahaf (who might be dead I have heard for all those concerned about him, says:

LuvSox
04-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Even Al-Sahaf :sahaf (who might be dead I have heard for all those concerned about him, says:

Good one :)

doublem23
04-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Well who's going to feed me White Sox Information now?

LuvSox
04-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well who's going to feed me White Sox Information now?

The Reinsdorf regime has plenty of guys in the on-deck circle!

Jjav829
04-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Of all the names that I would have thought we'd see a "Trade So-and-so" thread for, Daubach's name would have been one of the last. Why in the hell would KW trade him? You're not going to get much for him. It's clear that there wasn't much interest in him, so why would there suddenly be interest in him now. The Sox would get the equivalent of Berry/Barry for him. Pointless thread. Besides the fact that this trade would weaken our bench.

MRKARNO
04-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Daubach is a great player to have on the bench. Trading him is not an option. If he turns out to be really bad, he'll be released and Willie Harris, Borchard or a pitcher (If any, Rauch) will be called up.

WinningUgly!
04-14-2003, 10:41 PM

I agree. We also need to trade Colon, since we already got a #1 starter, Mark Buerhle. I don't understand where Colon fits in at all. Maybe KW can package up Colon & Daubach.

MHOUSE
04-15-2003, 08:05 AM
ROFL :D: