PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey Park Renovations

hsnterprize
08-17-2001, 09:36 AM
What's up Sox fans!!!!!

Well, with the pictures of another Comiskey Park released, I'm just curious about what you think about the idea? Do you like the ideas of making a grenner "batter's eye", making the lower concourse look like a "retro" concourse instead of a "parking garage", putting a new screen behind home plate, and enclosing the club level? According to Sox management, projects like renovating the upper deck and such will occur after the 2002 season. This second phase of renovations is scheduled to start after this season, and all the renovations will be completed before the 2003 All-Star Game.

I'm going to ask Scott Reifert, the team's public relations director, about some other ideas for renovations. I personally have ideas like putting a brick face on the outside of the ballpark from the left field corner to the right field corner. I'd also like to have the top 10 rows of the upper deck cut down, and a retro-style roof put on top of that. And since the lower concouse is going to get covered with a brick and metal face, why not touching up the upper concourse as well. Turning the seats in the park from that ugly Brooklyn Dodger blue to green would also be a good idea.

I'd like to know from you what you would like to have done to Comiskey. I know there are some of you that would rather have the stadium torn down altogether. But as long as the place is going stay up, it might as well be a place we Sox fans can be proud of. I don't think the finished product will end up looking like Wrigley Field in spite of the hype. I think the place will have its own vibe. What say you?

Cheryl
08-17-2001, 02:21 PM
The more I think about this, the less I like it. I hate that Reinsdork and Co are jumping on the retro park fad right as it's fading. No amount of carpetting or brick facing or decorative metal is going to change the fact they built a building meant for a suburban setting in an urban setting.