PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 4/14

Lip Man 1
04-13-2003, 11:19 PM
"There were some hits out there with men in scoring position but when we get that with less than one out, everybody just tries so hard, popping them out and grounding out for double plays,.It's something that we definitely need to improve. We really suck at it right now." --Sandy Alomar Jr. on White Sox . com

Give the man props for honesty.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2003, 11:36 PM
:walnuts:

My ears are burning!

DonkeyKongerko
04-14-2003, 02:17 AM
Sandy is hereby nominated as new team spokesman.

Juan Pizarro
04-14-2003, 10:27 AM
As a counterbalancing upbeat quote for a team that, despite its failings, has won the last three series, I offer D'Angelo Jimenez.
From the Sun-Times:

After hitting a sixth-inning triple to reach base for the 10th consecutive game, Jimenez is batting .311 in the leadoff spot.
Here's what he says about the auto accident and his injuries.

''I'm over that. I was playing in the Dominican and was feeling good and I now have all my strength. Everything I lost [from the accident], I think I have it again. I feel good at the plate and that's a good sensation.''

maurice
04-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
As a counterbalancing upbeat quote for a team that, despite its failings, has won the last three series, I offer D'Angelo Jimenez.
From the Sun-Times: After hitting a sixth-inning triple to reach base for the 10th consecutive game, Jimenez is batting .311 in the leadoff spot.

His average easily could be much higher. He's been getting robbed on some wicked line drives lately. It'd be a very pleasant surprise if he could hit .300 for the season.

valposoxfan
04-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Lip I'm so disappointed. You beat me to the quote of the day. I love that quote. Sandy tells it how it is. They are not going to win this next series with the Royals if they leave the amount of men on base that they did in the Detroit series. They need to do something to get out of this funk that they are in. :(:
Then again we are 7-5 :smile: