PDA

View Full Version : Daubach

Fridaythe13thJason
04-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Why are we so interested in taking out Paulie or Carlos or putting in Daubach? He has a .125 average. I'm not seeing the purpose of that move.

koch44
04-13-2003, 02:04 PM
If Daubach were an everyday player, then he'd be hitting better.

guillen4life13
04-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Why are we so interested in taking out Paulie or Carlos or putting in Daubach? He has a .125 average. I'm not seeing the purpose of that move.

He's only had 8 at bats. If he were to be given more time to get comfortable at the plate, he'd be much better. 8 at bats is nothing to judge someone by. In the case of Paulie and Carlos, they've had considerably more (though for them, it's still a little early to tell).

MHOUSE
04-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by koch44
If Daubach were an everyday player, then he'd be hitting better.

True. He seems to play better D than Carlos in LF. I don't like to bench Paulie, but when he needs a rest I don't want Thomas out there. Daubach will be a good utility guy for us. He has experience.

baggio202
04-13-2003, 04:53 PM
daubach , even when he is not hitting can be productive...he got on base twice today despite swinging the bat like crap...i wonder abouit gary ward and what he is teaching our hitters...the two guys on this team right now that seems to have a plan at the plate are daubach and rios...both coming from other winning organizations

duke of dorwood
04-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Well put-and true

dougs78
04-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
the two guys on this team right now that seems to have a plan at the plate are daubach and rios ...both coming from other winning organizations

:o: Did someone just call the Pittsburgh Pirates a winning organization?? :?:

WhiteSoxWinner
04-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
:o: Did someone just call the Pittsburgh Pirates a winning organization?? :?:

He was probably referring to the days of Rios in San Francisco.

Nellie Comiskey
04-13-2003, 11:32 PM
I really believe the signing of Daubach is really good: he veteran experience to the bench(pinch hitting duties) and is indeed versatile to a degree if needed defensively. And just think if someone does get hurt, he's the kind of guy you could insert into their position and not worry(at least in the short-term). Having a young veteran(if that makes sense) is invaluable in late game strategies and hopefully we'll find this out in October. :D:

TheBigHurt
04-13-2003, 11:49 PM
MAYBE with Mr. Hurt getting a sitting will help Big Hurt

baggio202
04-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
He was probably referring to the days of Rios in San Francisco.

yes i was :smile:

Bobby Thigpen
04-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Why are we so interested in taking out Paulie or Carlos or putting in Daubach?

For the same exact reason that backup quarterbacks are the most popular player on NFL teams. Everybody loves the guy while he sits on the bench because he's supposedly so much better, but when he does get a shot and fails watch out, they'll be begging for the next option. People, IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS CALM DOWN. If Carlos and Paulie arent' hitting in another week or two, then MAYBE it's time to hit the panic button. I'd much rather have them suck to begin the season, with us still winning, and turn it on later than have Paulie tear up the world in April only to die off at the end of the year like he did last year. They will both be all right.

guillen4life13
04-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
For the same exact reason that backup quarterbacks are the most popular player on NFL teams. Everybody loves the guy while he sits on the bench because he's supposedly so much better, but when he does get a shot and fails watch out, they'll be begging for the next option. People, IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS CALM DOWN. If Carlos and Paulie arent' hitting in another week or two, then MAYBE it's time to hit the panic button. I'd much rather have them suck to begin the season, with us still winning, and turn it on later than have Paulie tear up the world in April only to die off at the end of the year like he did last year. They will both be all right.

um, I think he was in a way stating your point, except had different reasons. He was trying to say that Daubach isn't doing much better, so why is everyone so interested in putting him in.