DrCrawdad
04-13-2003, 07:17 AM
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/autoweek/bobbythigpen.jpg

white sox

Thigpen battles internal bleeding

By Teddy Greenstein
Tribune staff reporter

April 12, 2003, 10:06 PM CDT

The White Sox were stunned to hear that Bobby Thigpen, the team's career saves leader, needed nearly three hours of surgery Friday to stem massive internal bleeding caused by a fall as he was leaving a hockey game the previous night.

ChicagoSports.com (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030412soxthigpen,1,6476910.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2D headlines)

Dan H
04-13-2003, 09:40 AM
I saw him speak at a baseball dinner in the early '90's. He came across as a real decent guy. Let's hope he has a full recovery.

hose
04-13-2003, 10:32 AM
Quote:
The White Sox were stunned to hear that Bobby Thigpen, the team's career saves leader, needed nearly three hours of surgery Friday to stem massive internal bleeding caused by a fall as he was leaving a hockey game the previous night.

Whoa !! Bobby orginally brushed it off as no big deal.
Good to see he is ok.

Big Hurt had some very good words for Thiggy, a lot of respect .

Off the subject, but I had some crawdads yesterday .........BLEECH :(:

.Not as good as the ones I had down in NU AHLEENS :cool:

T Dog
04-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Thiggy is a great guy who did great things as a pitcher. He will always deserve our support.

Lip Man 1
04-13-2003, 02:29 PM
It looks like he is going to be in the hospital at least a week. The doctor said he should NOT lose his kidney and (or) pancreas.

I've contacted some of his former teammates like Donn Pall and Ron Kittle and have asked them to pass along any updated info that they may get.

Thiggy's a fighter, I'm betting he comes through.

Lip

duke of dorwood
04-13-2003, 07:25 PM
It's Thiggy time

Bobby Thigpen
04-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Gotta love Thiggy even though he gave me about 2,000 coranaries in 90.

Here's to a speedy recovery to my all time favorite Sox.

DrCrawdad
04-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by hose
Quote: ...Off the subject, but I had some crawdads yesterday .........BLEECH :(:

.Not as good as the ones I had down in NU AHLEENS :cool:

DrCrawdad has never eaten one of those water insect crawfish. Can't say that I have the smallest desire to ever try one either.

I wish Thigpen the best.

bc2k
04-14-2003, 03:29 AM
Massive internal bleeding from a "fall" my ace. Take it easy on the :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: Bobby. While he's in there, that Doc should check his liver too.

Doctor to Thiggy: "What happened son?"

Thiggy to Doc: "The last thing I remember is walking out of the arena with my boys Brian Griese and Jeff Kent. They explained to me I had a "fall."

Thigpen snickering to friends: "Great excuse guys, the Doc really believes this story."